News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for COLT!!!

COLT!!! Profile Photo
Member Name: COLT!!!
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: NY 1 On Stage
 May 17 2004, 11:58:39 AM
Thanks Corine. I saw a few short clips from the Drama Desks this morining on NY 1. So, since they were there taping, I thought that maybe they would show more extensive footage on On Stage tonight.
NY 1 On Stage
 May 17 2004, 11:51:33 AM
Does anybody know what time NY 1 On Stage airs tonight (Monday)?
I'm thinking they may show some clips of the Drama Desk Awards.
Thanks.

re: MARY J.BLIGE .what's the 411.. to sing at TONY AWARDS!
 May 14 2004, 12:25:22 PM
Mary J. Blige's over-the-top screaming would be perfect for Effie White's "And I Am Telling You I'm Not Going." Put her in a fat-suit and pink slippers and push her out onto the stage. With all of the music-world-celebrites currently and recently making appearances in Broadway musicals, why doesn't some producer put Blige in a fully staged revival of "Dreamgirls?"
re: Timothy Britten Parker
 May 12 2004, 12:18:45 PM
TBP is appearing at the Cabaret/Restaurant OPIA on East 57th Street (@ Lexington Ave) on Sunday nights in May @ 9:00 PM.

It appears that Timothy has gone back to using the name "Toby Parker"; the name that he was originally known by when he appeared in "The Innocents" and "The Runaways" on Broadway back in the 1970's.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re:
 May 4 2004, 04:01:57 PM
Mr. Roxy, I agree with you completely. Isabel Keating was ROBBED. She is EXTRAORDINARY as Garland in "The Boy From Oz." Her performance is a Play in-and-of-itself!
"A Midsummer Night's Dream" @ BAM
 Mar 29 2004, 12:19:28 PM
Anybody else see this BRILLIANT production?
I saw it twice. Caught the final performance yesterday afternoon.
Whew...a thrilling, brilliantly acted and staged, crystal-clear production of a beautiful, magical play.

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: BOY FROM OZ
 Mar 14 2004, 11:51:53 AM
I've seen the show three times. And yes, I sat in the First Row of the Mezzanine. I requested this specific location because it's usually my FAVORITE place to sit when seeing a Musical. In my opinion, the First Row Mezzanine Seats are the BEST seats in a theatre like the Imperial (where "OZ" is playing) because the "house" of this theatre is "short" and "wide" so the Mezzanine seats hang over a large part of the orchestra section and are quite close to the stage. Also...there are absolutely
re: re: re: re: OZ' Isabel Keating, Interviewed on PBS Sat. Night 8:00pm-11
 Mar 13 2004, 11:15:54 AM
TONIGHT!!! 8:00pm-11:00pm. Link below.
re: re: OZ' Isabel Keating, Interviewed on PBS Sat. Night 8:00pm-11:00pm
 Mar 12 2004, 01:05:13 PM
TOMORROW NIGHT !!!
re: re: re: re: re: Musical Theatre Advice - GREAT
 Mar 12 2004, 11:43:05 AM
Yeah. Opera, to me, in many ways is the antithesis of Musical Theatre. While the genisus of both forms derives from, and in, music (i.e.- vocal) Opera is about creating "SOUNDS" (beautiful or otherwise) whereas Musical Theatre (at it's best) is about conveying authentic emotions, ideas, and "story telling" in a heightened form (singing) not unlike performing Shakespeare's verse. Len Cariou and Angela Lansbury were a brilliant Sweeney and Mrs. Lovett because they are brillant ACTORS frist...wh
OZ' Isabel Keating, Interviewed on PBS Sat. Night 8:00pm-11:00pm
 Mar 11 2004, 12:47:19 PM
The AMAZING Isabel Keating (Judy Garland - "The Boy From Oz") will be interviewed throughout the breaks during the fundraising rebroadcast of "AMERICAN MASTERS: Judy Garland" on PBS, Sat. March 13th, 8:00pm-11:00pm. Keating's SPELLBINDING turn as Judy Garland in "The Boy From Oz" is a work-of-art, and an incredible show in-and-of-itself. A BRILLIANT, MUST SEE performance of this, or any other Broadway season.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Barbara Str
 Mar 10 2004, 12:41:36 AM
Yeah. "The Way We Were" Album is my personal favorite of any of her recordings post her move to "LA LA Land." Her voice is in amazing shape. Full, Round, Clear, Easy tones: does anything she wants it to do; effortlessly. Especially evident with the ending of "The Best Thing You've Ever Done." Confident, and relaxed, and the material is very good (i.e.- "What Are You Doing The Rest Of Your Life?") I have a lot of her never-released recordings, one of which is an alternate take on "The Best
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Barbara Streisand
 Mar 9 2004, 01:40:06 PM
"The Essential Barbra..." CD has a lot of crap on it. Once Streisand moved to Hollywood it seems her tastes soured (exception: "The Way We Were.") The early stuff is prime. Rent "My Name Is Barbra" VHS.
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Barbara Streisand
 Mar 9 2004, 01:36:44 PM
Rent the VHS Video of Streisand's first Television special "My Name Is Barbra;" it is Streisand at her best (which is bizarre since she is 22 years old and at the commencement of her astronomical career) and is still vulnerable (a quality which quickly disappeared upon her meteoric rise). She has (in my opinion) never been in better form or more emotionally connected than she is in the final "concert segment" of this special, especially her spellbinding rendition of "My Man." Also of note is a
re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Broadway Guy on the Big Screen (Patrick Wil
 Feb 19 2004, 10:59:24 PM
So...Dollypop...let me get this right...you "hate movies" but you are a fan of "Queer Eye For The Straight Guy;" insidious reality television programming??? Ahem...
HARVEY out of "Hairspray" into "Fiddler"
 Feb 18 2004, 12:12:11 PM
Well, it seems that my suggestion that it might be interesting to see Mandy Patinkin in "Fiddler" met with an almost unanimous "ugh." So...what about Harvey Fierstein as "Tevye?" Or...even as "Golde?" He could alternate roles during the week. Or play both simultaneously. Producers could save a ton of money by employing one actor for two roles.
re: e: re: re: re: Future Broadway Stars
 Feb 16 2004, 06:31:27 PM
Yeah...what happened to Elizabeth Marvel? She was getting tons of work about 8 or 9 years ago and was touted as "the next big 'thing'" then she sort of disappeared. What's she up to now? Anybody know?
GREEN 'The Great' as "Golde"...PATINKIN as "Tevye."
 Feb 16 2004, 12:40:53 PM
It would have been interesting to have seen the great Ellen Green as "Golde" in the current revival of "Fiddler..." It's unfortunate that Green doesn't perform more around NYC. She has a genuine 'star quality' in the old-school-tradition. I'd love to see her in a great musical role. Would also have been great to have seen Mandy Patinkin as "Tevye." Hummm...

Love,

Horsey!!!

re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: Broadway People Voices You Would Love To Ha
 Feb 11 2004, 08:22:15 PM
Woman - Elaine Stritch
Man - Harvey Fierstein

New Musical by the creators of "Bat Boy"
 Feb 11 2004, 08:08:34 PM
Has anybody heard anything on the upcoming workshop production of the new musical by the writers of "Bat Boy?" I've heard that the workshop begins production in two weeks. Anyone know the working title of this project? Cast?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You