News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for funnygirl76

funnygirl76 Profile Photo
Member Name: funnygirl76
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Bears
 Feb 7 2007, 10:00:45 PM
Hey guys -

I'm looking for a picture of some of the Patti LuPone related bears that have been created for the Broadway Bears auction.

I'm mostly looking for the Evita/DCFMA dress bear and any from Sunset Blvd. (yea, yea, I know she never played Norma on Broadway.....but still.) But there may be others I don't know about.....so please post any that you may have.

Can anyone help??

Thanks,

K

Forbidden Broadway
 Sep 12 2006, 11:48:34 PM
Does anyone out there happen to know all of the lyrics to "Squeaky Todd" - the Forbidden Broadway parody of Sweeney Todd? I saw the show this past Sunday and I swear, I've never laughed so hard.....I managed to miss most of the lyrics.

Thanks!

re: Eugene O'Neill lately?
 Sep 12 2006, 06:59:12 PM
Yep - it's all still there, except for the Stage Door thing. I walked by it yesterday before I headed out of town.

On Thursday (the 7th) - I guess that was moving day for them. They had the Penske moving trucks out there and all of the theater doors were open - and everything on the inside was bare.

The chairs used in the show were stacked up and wrapped for moving, as well as what looked like some audio equipment and just random boxes of stuff. That's all I recognized fro

re: What movie would make a GREAT musical?
 Aug 27 2006, 05:46:12 PM
Mommie Dearest. I can only imagine how fabulous (and campy - but in the good way) this could be....

From watching the special features on the DVD that just came out - apparently, this is something that is in the works.

I'm so there on opening night.

re: How old were you when you lost your Broadway virginity?
 Aug 27 2006, 05:38:42 PM
I was 20 - with Victor/Victoria
re: What Well Known Shows do you Despise?
 Aug 27 2006, 05:35:44 PM
Cats
Ragtime
Grease
Threepenny Opera

re: Top ten favorite CHARACTERS in a musical
 Aug 27 2006, 05:03:41 AM
(in no particular order)

1. Norma Desmond - Sunset Boulevard
2. Fanny Brice - Funny Girl
3. Fosca - Passion
4. Mrs. Lovett - Sweeney Todd
5. Daisy/Violet - Side Show
6. Corine - Triumph of Love
7. Eva Peron - Evita
8. the Emcee - Cabaret
9. Billy Flynn - Chicago
10. Angel - Rent

11. Maria Callas in Master Class (yea yea, it's not a musical....that's why it's #11)

re: Patti LuPone almost in a rock band?--great interview
 Aug 13 2006, 10:57:34 AM
Agreed, n69n. I'm flying into NYC for 36 hours to see the closing performance of Sweeney. Why? Because I planned a vacation around seeing that show - twice! - but my tickets were for the 9th and 10th! AGH! So I'm making a pre-vacation trip to see my diva. I was NOT missing her in that show.

And I happened to catch the CBS interview - and it was fab. Patti is so adorable.

re: Patti LuPone almost in a rock band?--great interview
 Aug 13 2006, 01:40:06 AM
Thanks for posting that....it was a great read!
Sweeney Todd - Final Show - Who is going??
 Aug 6 2006, 07:25:08 PM
Hey guys - I'm just curious - who's gonna be at the final performance of Sweeney Todd on September 3rd? I managed to score a pretty sweet seat in row C - and I'm just curious to know who all from this board will be there.

And one more question - I've only been to one closing performance of a Broadway show - and they didn't have any problems with us taking pictures at the curtain call. Is this the standard for all shows or is there even any rule about this.

re: Hottest person on broadway?
 Aug 4 2006, 11:31:29 PM
Michael Cerveris - hands down - is the hottest thing anywhere right now.

I [heart] him.

The 'Official' Patti LuPone Appreciation Thread
 Aug 3 2006, 01:10:59 AM
Well - I did it, ya'll. I'm going to the final show. It's crazy (I know)....I'm flying 1200 miles on the 3rd - going to the final performance of Sweeney - getting a few hours sleep - then flying 1200 miles back home on the 4th. (and THEN turning around and taking my actual (planned) vacation to NYC on the 7th - 11th)

Am I crazy? I think so. Someone justify this for me, please.

Aug 1 2006, 12:16:19 PM
Kelly - please get me a playbill. Pretty please. I'm still so depressed that I'm going to miss this show by 6 days. You have no idea (well, yea, you do) how much it is killing me to send the tickets back today for a refund! Is it pathetic that I am going to scan them and save that.....just to have something to remember the show by? OMG. I'm getting depressed all over again.

If I could somehow make it to the final performance, I would. But I think flying up to NYC for two days, co

re: Favorite recent discoveries NOT currently playing on Broadway or off-br
 Jul 23 2006, 09:18:02 PM
Passion is my recent discovery. I've known the name forever, known it was a Sondheim piece, etc....but I could have cared less about even knowing the plot until about 3 weeks ago. Ever since then - it's pretty much all I've listened to, and I've watched the DVD more than I care to admit.
re: If you could have any one thing from a show...
 Jul 23 2006, 06:55:53 PM
1. the staircase from Sunset Boulevard
2. Norma's first costume from Sunset....the gold jacket/turban thing
3. Norma's last costume from Susnet....that crazy headdress thing...
4. Evita's white dress from the balcony scene
5. Maria's Hermes scarf from Master Class

re: BROADWAY Survey
 Jul 22 2006, 11:27:02 PM
Name 10 of your favorite Broadway shows

1. Master Class
2. Sunset Boulevard
3. RENT
4. Evita
5. Passion
6. Cabaret
7. Side Show
8. Triumph Of Love
9. Sweeney Todd
10. Chicago
(these are in NO particular order....just in the order that I thought of them)

Have you ever seen these shows live? If so, where?
I've seen them all live, except for Passion.

Master Class - broadway (with LuPone), nashville, tn (with Dunaway), and re

Jul 13 2006, 07:30:16 AM
Yes, Sept. 9th will be my first time to see this production (I've actually seen Sweeney, but not on Broadway - or with Patti and Michael).

I'm going with my mom on the 9th.....and I'd like to go see it again on the 10th, but I was planning on going alone. It would be so much more fun with someone who was as into it as I was. My mom is just kind of along for the ride.

You game?? Front row, maybe??

PM me.

Jul 12 2006, 11:57:36 PM
Chrrymn and Septemberkel - too bad ya'll won't be there on September 9th or 10th......we could stagedoor together! I have a feeling my mom isn't quite going to be into it.

It's always better to stagedoor with the (I don't want to use the word obsessed) fans. But you know what I mean.....the people that really appreciate the force known as THE PATTI.

Any chances you guys might be there on either of those days??

Jul 12 2006, 12:33:06 AM
I've already got a 4th row ticket for Sweeney in September - and I think I'm going to go see the show again on that same trip. I'm thinking first row.....so here's my question:

Where on the first row do I want to be so that I can see Patti the most? Is there one certain side? Dead center?

Help!

re: stolen sliders at 'sweeney'?
 Jul 9 2006, 12:43:33 AM
I'm glad Mano said something. That was a very disrespectful thing to do to the cast of that show - and to the theater as well.

Would the sliders be a cool souvie - yes. But if and ONLY if they were obtained, um, legally. Don't they sell stuff like that at the BC/EFA Flea Market?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You