News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatergeek3

Member Name: theatergeek3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Does Sutton Foster have a good attendance record?
 Apr 20 2013, 01:27:31 PM
She left for a a month or two for Buheads in AG & was replaced by Stephanie J Blocke.
Lyric Question
 Apr 20 2013, 01:19:59 PM
Well if it was 'the street I'm taking you too-forty second street' it wouldn't sound as good as 'the avenue I'm taking you to-forty second street' so it may not be right but it sounds better.
Amanda Seyfried wants to play Regina George in the Mean Girls Musical
 Apr 20 2013, 01:11:41 PM
I think music & lyrics by Lin Manuel Miranda & Amanda Green would be great too!
Amanda Seyfried wants to play Regina George in the Mean Girls Musical
 Apr 20 2013, 01:09:06 PM
Not feelin' that casting choice...at all! This is my dream cast:
Cady Heron-Teal Wicks
Regina George-Megan Hilty or Lea Michelle (hate Lea but hate Regina too. I adore Megan though! She's one of my IDOLS!!!!)
Gretchen Weiners-Laura Osnes
Karen Smith-Annaleigh Ashford or Kate Rockwell
Aaron Samuels-Aaron Tveit
Janis Ian-Krysta Rodriguez
Damian-Wesley Taylor
Mrs. Norbury-Sutton Foster
Mrs. George-Kristen Chenoweth
Principal Duvall-Lin Manuel Miranda

High School Theatre - What's appropriate and what isnt't?
 Apr 14 2013, 10:14:33 AM
Like Tazber said, MTI makes School Editions. In the School Editions collection they have: Les Mis, Miss Saigon, Avenue Q, Rent, Aida & Ragtime. Then there's also MTI's Broadway Jr. which has many shows! Here is a full list:
http://www.broadwayjr.com/
R&H also makes their own collection called Getting to Know which has Once Upon a Mattress, The King & I, Oklahoma!, Cinderella & State Fair but basically every R&H show is appropriate for HS so I don't know how helpful that would be. Samuel French makes a more kid-friendy version of Grease. And Bway Musical Home has a list of kid friendly shows.http://www.broadwaymusicalhome.com/shows/kid-friendly.htm And I know some licensing companies have ratings so you could look at that. Hope this is helpful!

The Little Mermaid cast Papermill
 Apr 14 2013, 09:34:55 AM
I was wondering the same thing! I think they probably won't release the cast until later in the Millie run.
Michael Feinstein for PBS' American Songbook
 Apr 7 2013, 07:23:40 PM
I missed the first ep. Didn't know it was happening, Do you know if it will be broadcasted again or something? Is there any way I could get it? Really upset I missed it.
2014 B'way Season
 Apr 2 2013, 08:02:40 PM
Oh, and I forgot If/Then & Mean Girls (possibly). Whoops! :)
2014 B'way Season
 Apr 2 2013, 08:01:12 PM
Does anyone know what plays & musicals are coming to B'way in 2014? I know about Big Fish, Les Mis, Oliver (possibly), My Fair Lady (possibly), Honeymoon in Vegas (possibly) but I know NOTHING about the plays (although I REALLY should) or other musicals. Anyone know anything more? Thanks! :)
Theatergeek

Cast Nicole Scherzinger in a musical
 Apr 2 2013, 07:57:59 PM
If they go through with the musical of Mean Girls I think she would make a great Plastic. 'Cause I couldn't really come up with a ton of ideas for the Plastics but I think that would be a really great role for her.
hardbody cast album
 Apr 2 2013, 07:51:39 PM
I'm certainly hoping there is a cast album because the music is soooo AWESOME!!!!
Andrew Lloyd Webber Vs. Sondheim
 Mar 5 2013, 07:23:35 PM
I think they are both equally great, I just prefer Sondheim's style better. And he is like, my idol, AND I'm more familiar with his stuff, so if I had to choose, I 'd pick Sondheim.
Guess Papermill's Season!
 Mar 3 2013, 07:50:50 PM
My guesses are Oliver!, Caroline or Change, South Pacific, Singin' in the Rain, & then Honeymoon in Vegas we already found out about.
Inside The Actors Studio with Sondheim, Peters
 Mar 2 2013, 08:57:48 PM
This sounds so awesome! I'm going to try to get this! @B-way4Life-do they have some Actors Studio episodes or they have that specific one?

A quick introduction and a HARDBODY discount tickets question
 Mar 2 2013, 08:55:05 PM
I don't have an answer to your question (sorry) but I just wanted to tell you that the show is AMAZING! :)

Kiss Me, Kate Coming to Bway
 Mar 2 2013, 06:40:48 PM
How do I delete this thread?
So Many One-Man Shows!
 Mar 2 2013, 12:33:27 PM
Wait-MacBeth is being done as a one man show? How does that work?
 Mar 2 2013, 11:27:53 AM
As far as I know it's not coming but it could happen.

Mar 2 2013, 10:15:03 AM
So Kiss Me, Kate is closing today. I saw it on my last trip to London & LOVED it! I thought it would be great for Bway. I'm hoping it comes to NY. Here's my dream cast:
Lilli-Sherie Rene Scott or Marin Mazzie
Fred-Brian d'Arcy James or Jason Daniely
Bianca-Sutton Foster
Bill-Aaron Tveit
Gangsters-Joel Grey & ????
Hattie-????
Paul-????
Harrison-????
Thoughts anyone?

Congratulations to Rob and the BWW team!
 Mar 2 2013, 09:51:30 AM
This is awesome! They deserve it! :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You