News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatergoer3

Member Name: theatergoer3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

JOB Previews
 Jul 21 2024, 12:39:10 PM

TotallyEffed said: "theatergoer3 said: "

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
It's definitelyambiguous and visceral in the moment but it didn't strike me as the likeliest answer.

She has the haywire moments, the panic attack where she puts the mask over his face and he seems almost too calm if he&

JOB Previews
 Jul 21 2024, 12:26:29 PM

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

It's definitely ambiguous and visceral in the moment but it didn't strike me as the likeliest answer. 

She has the haywire moments, the panic attack where she puts the mask over his face and he seems almost too calm if he's that evil. 

Also - he says his son is 12, goin

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 21 2024, 12:16:55 PM

If The Last Five Years takes the Hudson and Boop has the Broadhurst, that leaves (as of right now) the officially announced (Othello, Smash, Good NIght and Good Luck) with the Booth, Circle in The Square & Lyceum/Golden (pending extensions) 

Plus the rumored/not official - 

Motive & Cue

Dead Outlaw

First Shadow 

Dorian Grey 

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 16 2024, 12:33:32 PM

Sauja said: "With so many shows incoming, I'm surprised we haven't heard anything about what's following The Wiz into the Marquis. I know that it's no one's favorite theater, but are there ANY rumors around what might take it?"

Elf for the holidays

Stranger Things for the spring 

So with Redwood going to the Nederlander, that leaves 4 shows without a theater 

The Last Five Years

Good Night and Go

Menzel-led REDWOOD to transfer to Broadway this season
 Jul 16 2024, 09:03:56 AM

Nederlander 

Previews begin Jan 24 for Feb 13 opening 

https://playbill.com/article/idina-menzel-led-redwood-musical-will-plant-roots-at-broadways-nederlander

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York
 Jul 9 2024, 05:51:04 AM

New Poll on Whether a Broadway star is/may be needed -
https://ys7b6gtblwn.typeform.com/to/fuuTV6L6?typeform-source=www.whatsonstage.com

Article - https://www.whatsonstage.com/news/do-broadway-shows-need-big-names-to-survive-and-thrive_1612874/

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 7 2024, 12:57:03 PM

I just remembered that he is set to do the West End this fall until November 23.

So I don’t think that would work - at least at first. 

Jul 7 2024, 12:47:00 PM

Accidental double post - delete 

Jul 7 2024, 12:46:50 PM

Another rumor of Rylance

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 2 2024, 07:53:59 PM

The Dolly Parton bio musical - I’ll fix that.

Broadway Rumors/Whispers
 Jul 2 2024, 07:35:17 PM

Inspired by the Latest Musical Threads among other threads, I thought it'd be good to have one place to compile the recent rumors/gossip/potential new shows.

Not all of these will happen but I've seen these rumored here or on the other board. 

Starting with the confirmations - 

New Musicals

A Wonderful World
Boop!
Death Becomes Her
Maybe Happy Ending
Old Friends

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jul 1 2024, 10:44:59 PM

jbroadway4 said: "Anyone try rush for this yet? How many people were there?Wanting to get a single ticket tomorrow, but don't feel like waking up too early."

It seems busier than average with the tickets being available if you get in line by or just before 8 but with the added show tonight, I got a ticket this afternoon for the box. So with the holiday week, it’s prob worth a shot.

Had a blast with it. View was pretty good t

STRANGER THINGS: THE FIRST SHADOW Play - News & Discussion Thread
 Jun 28 2024, 11:20:24 AM

Good interview with Sonia Freidman -

https://www.thetimes.com/culture/theatre-dance/article/sonia-friedman-on-taking-mean-girls-to-the-stage-its-women-who-do-things-jk9mzq3v5

On Stranger Things -  

““I’ve never done it for the money. If I want to do a piece of work, though, I have to understand the basics. What theatre should it be in? If you put it in the wrong space because money is dictating things, it can go wrong. So I find numbers creative. I do find all of that quite exciting.”

Would that explain, then, why the Netflix spin-off sci-fi spectacular Stranger Things: The First Shadow is playing in the relatively small (970-seat) Phoenix Theatre while Harry Potter is in a 1,400-seater? It’s complicated, she says. The Phoenix was free when they needed a theatre, and it’s in a basement: “We sort of didn’t want a shiny theatre for that piece. But I would probably like 200 more seats.” 

It’s tight both to make the numbers work; it’s tight even to fit the set in. “So when we go to New York with it [in 2025] we will work on it. It’s definitely the most difficult thing I’ve ever produced, but on Broadway it’s going to be even more complex.”

Stranger Things is not easy money, then, but it’s still a substantial success. (Reports that there are plans for stage sequels are “nonsense”.)”

Grant Gustin to depart WATER FOR ELEPHANTS on September 1st
 Jun 27 2024, 10:21:48 AM

He commented on Water’s Insta post saying catch him before he goes home to welcome baby number 2. 

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 26 2024, 05:02:40 PM

Borle to replace Rannells

ILLINOISE Reviews
 Jun 25 2024, 12:22:25 PM

ACL2006 said: "Dario Natarelli made his Broadway debut last night (as Clark)."

Thrilled for him in that case. He was fantastic. 

ILLINOISE Reviews
 Jun 25 2024, 11:43:29 AM

The slip last night had two understudies (for Shelby and Clark).

I think it was his first show because the cast surrounded and were pumping him up after the curtain call and could hear cheers from backstage. 

Article: OPERATION MINCEMEAT... plots its course to New York
 Jun 24 2024, 05:04:18 PM

Probably nothing but an interesting tease - Relax and we'll tell you all that you need to know... ☀️🏘🦥

Ian McKellen hospitalized after accident during performance of PLAYER KINGS
 Jun 17 2024, 06:56:36 PM

Updated statement from producers - 

Thank you to our audience and the general public for their well wishes following Ian’s fall during this evening’s performance of Player Kings.

“Following a scan, the brilliant NHS team have assured us that he will make a speedy and full recovery and Ian is in good spirits.

“The production has made the decision to cancel the performance on Tuesday 18 June so Ian can rest. Those affected will be contacted by their point of purchase as soon as possible tomorrow.

“Thank you to doctors Rachel and Lee who were on hand in the audience and to all the venue staff for their support.”

https://www.whatsonstage.com/news/player-kings-producers-issue-statement-and-update-following-ian-mckellen-fall_1606663/

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:09:09 PM

Yesssssss !!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You