News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SDav10495

SDav10495 Profile Photo
Member Name: SDav10495
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Drowsy CD Booklet or Souvenir Program?
 Jul 17 2006, 05:52:55 PM
Ah, nice. Thanks for the very helpful replies...I guess I'm going to stick with just getting the souvenir program then (it's always nice to save money for other shows and theatre merchandise, isn't it?).
Drowsy CD Booklet or Souvenir Program?
 Jul 16 2006, 10:26:41 PM
When I first saw The Drowsy Chaperone about a week ago, I was not at all expecting to buy the cast recording--but the second I got home from falling in love with the cast, I knew I had to get my hands (ears, whatever) on it and I immediately bought the album on iTunes.

Well, as much as I enjoy the cast recording, I'm finding out now that buying the CD would have been more than worth the extra money because of the 32 pages of full-color extras I've heard about in the booklet.

re: Favorite show-stopper?
 Jul 16 2006, 08:31:38 PM
"Gee, Officer Krupke" from West Side Story. Isn't always a showstopper (and it's not one of my favorite scenes in WSS), but if it's done right it will bring the house down (despite its incredibly awkward position in the stage show). When you're actually onstage performing it for an audience, you get one of those awesome highs that reminds you why acting kicks everything else's ass.
re: New Drowsy Mega-Billboard Pics
 Jul 10 2006, 07:19:20 PM
Yeah, I remember the old mural...but when I saw this at the Saturday matinee I was very impressed. As you can see, it's HUGE--got me very excited for the show. I'm sure the mural will be back in the future.
re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
 Jul 9 2006, 11:45:05 PM
Awesome, thanks Act4ever. :)
re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
 Jul 9 2006, 10:35:39 PM
Reviving this ole' thread...

I know that the Marquis stage door is next to Broadway New York, but I haven't actually remembered to look for it when I'm there. Is it on the 45th Street side of the store, or the side that's under the hotel's covered "drive-thru"? Is it even marked "Stage Door"? Also, I gather from these posts that Sutton and Georgia are the ones that typically don't appear but the rest of the cast is pretty regular--am I wrong?

Heh, sorry for the ques

re: RENT lotto- how crowded?
 Jul 6 2006, 08:28:53 PM
Ah, well thanks for the answers...this does help me.

I was able to briefly walk by the Nederlander this afternoon about 5 minutes before the evening lotto names were drawn, and the crowd looked to be about 40 or so (I'm sure, based on these answers, that some more showed up in the next few minutes). So I'm sure it's not a breeze, but I might as well try it out over the next few weeks...if for no other reason, then because the Rent lotto better chances and prices than any other current

Jul 5 2006, 10:48:14 PM
Bump again...hate to sound like a pain, but I'm planning the next few weekends and I'm still curious about what a normal Saturday matinee lotto in July would be like.
re: PHANTOM ON FAMILY GUY
 Jul 4 2006, 01:23:31 AM
The creators of Family Guy are definitely musical buffs--even down to their opening number, hardly an episode goes by where they don't reference Broadway.

Wasn't there a West Side Story reference once? I heard about it second-hand but I never got a clear idea of what the parody was...

re: Favorite end of Act One songs
 Jul 2 2006, 11:25:38 PM
Nothing that hasn't been said, really...

"One Day More" from Les Mis (great to watch, but downright blood-pumping to perform)
"A New Argentina" from Evita
"The Gods Love Nubia" from Aida

And for a second I was tempted to say "Christmas Bells" from Rent (and didn't, for obvious reasons) because it has always seemed like an Act One closer in the back of my mind--a fantastic jumble of sound from the entire cast, topped off by that wonderful "SNOOOWW!!"

re: Most Creative Logo For a Musical
 Jul 2 2006, 02:22:54 PM
I like how the Evita logo was re-imagined with colors more evocative of Latin America for the new London revival...not a new logo, but still creative I think.

A lot of the logos of the big '80s mega-musicals were brilliantly done because of the power they have--Phantom, Les Mis, Cats, Miss Saigon--but I think that's more from a marketing standpoint. I really like them all, but I don't know if I'd call them creative.

I think I might have to agree, the original Rent logo (in fac

Jul 2 2006, 11:25:03 AM
Bump...other Saturday matinees in July?
re: Hilarious Comments Overheard By Tourists and Audience Members
 Jul 1 2006, 09:30:24 PM
Boy to his parents while looking at the auction set before Phantom:
"Oh, I know this--I read the book. This is going to be the scene when he's first born and the chandelier lights his face on fire."

Dialogue with my friend a few months before Les Mis left town:
Me: "You just saw Les Mis?"
Him: "Yeah."
Me: "I'm actually seeing it for the first time in a few days."
Him: "Oh, then definitely make sure you see the one at the Imperial Theatre. That's the one I saw and i

Jul 1 2006, 11:55:41 AM
Thanks very much for the info on 4th of July weekend--I'm surprised, I thought it might be harder to win on a holiday weekend. Would it pretty much be the same deal for other Saturday matinees in July? I was almost able to go this weekend until something came up, and now I'll only be able to try on the next few Saturdays after 4th of July.
 Jul 1 2006, 09:26:38 AM
Bump...I've been wondering about the Rent lotto recently and thought I'd ask again here rather than start a new thread. In general, how many people show up these days (taking summer tourists into account)? Are my chances good for a Saturday matinee? A Wednesday matinee? I was thinking of either a Saturday or a Wednesday sometime during July, and I'm wondering whether the summer crowds are having much of an effect on the lotto.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You