News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BobBenson

BobBenson Profile Photo
Member Name: BobBenson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Unpopular Opinions  Dec 17 2018, 05:43:50 PM

It is absolutely ridiculous that the creators of HA MILTON are receiving anything from the Kennedy Center. Absolutely abhorrent and shocking.  It is a travesty. Don't @ me.

South Pacific 70th Anniversary Gala- Cast announced  Dec 3 2018, 06:31:42 PM

Newell annoyed the tar out of me on GLEE, but he was excellent in ONCE ON THIS ISLAND. 

Great Numbers in Mediocre/ Bad Shows  Dec 3 2018, 06:01:49 PM

"Biggest Blame Fool" from SEUSSICAL

Buckley out again in Dolly  Dec 3 2018, 05:10:34 PM

adamgreer said: "Jmyachi77 said: "She did the first 2 nights in Orlando."

She did not. And it’s bad form to be missing shows while simultaneously posting photos of your sightseeing around town.

Regardless, Midler missed one scheduled performance. Donna Murphy and Bernadette Peters missed none.Channing’s record speaks for itself. As it was discussed in the other thread, Buckley seems quite sociallyactive in all these places for some

Cranston  Sep 4 2018, 04:46:06 PM

fitzdavid2 said: "A friend just received a notification from the AANT (American Associates of the National Theatre) about a special Benefit performance for "Network" on January 11th, $2500 a ticket!, and an after party event with Bryan Cranston at the Rainbow Room, just a short walk from the CORT theatre. It's going to be a longer walk in freezing weather if it's at the Belasco! Maybe there's a disconnect between the National and the Broadway producers?&quo

Celebrities not from the show coming out of the Stage Door  Jun 4 2018, 01:43:43 PM

haterobics said: "The worst part of exiting the stage door as a civilianis when the crowd whoops it up when it opens, and then as soon as they see you're not famous, it just dies out instantly. ;-("

This happened to me and I friend after IF/THEN. FROZEN was still big at the time and that crowd turned on us when they saw neither of us was Idina. It was kinda scary.

I also saw Robin Williams come out of JERSEY BOYS right after it opened. Some la

Glenda Jackson - Stage Door  May 30 2018, 10:20:54 AM

Does Glenda Jackson leave via the stage door? Does she greet fans and well-wishers? (I do not in any way think this is a requirement or that she "owes" anyone a thing, I'm just wondering)

Promises Promises Concert  May 25 2018, 04:19:47 PM

I don't know if I like that way. I think they should assign roles. However if someone sucks bung in they're role at least we won't be stuck with them for the entire show. I approve.

THE SECRET GARDEN Revival Set for 2018-2019 Season  May 10 2018, 03:42:21 PM

Is Sierra really playing Lily???

Anastasia Lottery  May 2 2018, 04:07:51 PM

Someone offered me a complimentary ticket for this evening's performance. I declined. The Real Housewives of New York is airing and I have two episodes of DYNASTY on my dvr that must be watched.

What should the next Encores! musical be?  May 2 2018, 03:52:52 PM

SMILE!

MACK AND MAYBELLE

DEAR WORLD

OVER HERE

REDHEAD

FLORA THE RED MENACE

I LOVE MY WIFE

Party Time with Hayley Mills  Apr 6 2018, 01:01:16 PM

I was wondering this, too. Does anyone know???

Betsy Wolfe departs CAROUSEL  Sep 20 2017, 01:33:06 AM

Jesus, Mary, and Joseph. Heck Adam, Eve, Cain, and effin' Abel. I heard about it, but didn't believe it. Some gal leaves The Carousel and you folks go on for nine pages about it. Damn. You people really are fans. Nothing ceases to amaze me in this world.

Falsettos Wrangler  Oct 6 2016, 04:26:05 PM

Distasteful. Simply distasteful. 

Worst 'Best Musical'  Jun 10 2016, 02:05:11 AM

CONTACT - That was nothing more than a glorified dance recital

MEMPHIS - That was just dreadful. I was embarrassed watching that bile

Worst 'Best Musical'  Jun 10 2016, 02:05:10 AM

Worst 'Best Musical'  Jun 10 2016, 02:05:06 AM

Black Actors In WHite Roles & Vice Versa  May 18 2016, 03:58:34 PM

backwoodsbarbie said: "I agree that unless race is a plot point, skin color shouldn't matter in casting. That being said, directors have certain aesthetics that they look for. It's why the Rockettes have to be at least 5'6" and we'll never see a plus sized Elle Woods.

"

Ummmm, just do a Google search and you will see one or two Elle Woods who are not similar in body shape to Reese Witherspoon or Laura Bell Bundy or Kristin Ch

She Loves Me vs The Color Purple - Who will take the Tony?  May 13 2016, 12:38:21 PM

StageyAndProud said: "I  really loved both but gotta say I think The Color Purple. As much as She Loves Me was stunning and some incredible performances, The Color Purple has been truly revived AND made better from the original.

"

Co-signing Stagey's comment.

Who should replace Scherzinger in CATS?  May 13 2016, 11:40:59 AM

Everyone thinks I'm being sarcastic with this suggestion, but what about Nicole Kidman??? She has the fading beauty, the glamour, and the gravitas to play Grizabella. She'd be perfect and probably win a Tony. She's also bring in the crowds. Can you imagine how fierce she'd be???

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You