Rent playbill 8/10

Boq101
#1Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:25pm

Two of my friends and I went to see RENT this past Friday to see Adam and Anthony. They were AMAZING! Anyway, when we got the playbills at intermission (we had arrived right before the show started, so we didn't have time to get them before) we noticed that while Adam and Anthony had been put into the playbill, Merle Dandrige was not in the playbill at all, but had a white slip instead, she was also not in the montage video they show at the end of the show, although Anthony and Adam were.

Is she not a full replacement fo what? It lookedas if the last Joanne was supposed to come back, because her stuff was still in the montage and in the playbill. I'm just wondering because I thought she had come into the show around the same time they had. Has onyone else seen this who have gone to see Adam and Anthony this past few weeks?

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#2re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:30pm

She joined immediately after Tarzan closed and she's only there through I believe mid-August... not sure of the exact date of her last performance. So my guess is that whoever was Joanne before her will be coming back.

Amazing woman... loads of talent. She needs the break... she's been working nonstop for I don't know how long!

::bust a move::

Chloe Profile Photo
Chloe
#2re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:34pm

She was originally scheduled to leave last week, but signed on for a few more weeks.

sgv123
#3re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:42pm

yeah, i think she is the newer ones now b/c her last show now is sept. 2.

Boq101
#4re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/15/07 at 11:57pm

okay, it was just awkward.

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#5re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/16/07 at 12:47am

is Tonya Dixon still coming back?

MovieGuy1031 Profile Photo
MovieGuy1031
#6re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/16/07 at 12:54am

I'd love to see Merle as Joanne in Rent... I honestly think, if I were to see Rent on Broadway for any reason, it would be for her.

I'm just not a huge fan of either Adam or Anthony, yet it would be an extra little bonus to see them perform - i'm sure they're phenomenal!

"The nice thing about the rain is that it always stops... eventually."

- Eeyore

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#7re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/16/07 at 1:01am

At this point, that's the only reason I would see it too... she's my favorite Joanne re: Rent playbill 8/10

::bust a move::

Capt_Fluellen Profile Photo
Capt_Fluellen
#8re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:24am

Merle was excellent as Joanne. Good actor. Great voice. Too bad the girl playing Maureen isn't strong enough to play opposite her. She leaves alot to be desired.

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#9re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/20/07 at 9:55am

i took notice when I saw Rent last wednesday the same thing. Neither the Joanne I saw or the Mimi I saw was in the montage video at the end. I kinda thought it was funny tho. I loved the MIMI I saw, she seemed to be having such a good time on the stage. I believe it was my second time catching her performance. Can't recall her name.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

jezi Profile Photo
jezi
#10re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/20/07 at 1:50pm

That was Antonique Smith played Mimi last Wednesday night. She's one of my favorites and you could definitely tell how excited she was to get to go on with Adam.

RentHead2 Profile Photo
RentHead2
#11re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/20/07 at 2:03pm

Thats it!! I couldn;t get over how thrilled she looked to be on stage. I mean she was smiling during the sad parts yea, but its not like anyone in that theatre has never seen that show. But yep, second time catching her, and I really like her take on Mimi but I wish they would time the music to her voice. She sings a little slower than the pace, but still fantastic.

I made a list of all your faults, it was quite detailed and lengthy too and when I read it through I missed you. Your like a classic Eagles song, you just cant help but sing along even though it sometimes gets annoying too. I just know I want to be wherever I can wake and see you there next to me. **High Fidelity** Love is what I do **The Wedding Singer** Xanadu - Best NEW Musical of the Season!

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#12re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/20/07 at 7:48pm

Merle. Love her.

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#13re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/20/07 at 7:52pm

Far too good for Nicolette.

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

Craww
#14re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/20/07 at 7:58pm

I really like her take on Mimi but I wish they would time the music to her voice. She sings a little slower than the pace, but still fantastic.

Or, after countless times playing the role, she could have attempted to sing the songs how they were written. Or at least kept her changes within the general rhythm of the song. Clearly it's the music that should be changed, and not her terrible delivery.

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#15re: Rent playbill 8/10
Posted: 8/20/07 at 8:13pm

I think that deserves a

sha-zam!

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

Videos