News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Aqualline2

Aqualline2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Aqualline2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Young Frankenstein (quick unofficial review in Seattle)  Aug 9 2007, 06:02:37 PM
Are there any big-ish numbers from Sutton?
I figured she probably wouldn't be getting anything as show stopping as Gimme Gimme or Astonishing. but, what does she sing?

re: Best Cast Recording  Jul 30 2007, 01:10:10 PM
Ever since I got (which was over a year ago atleast) Jersey Boys has had a permentent spot in my Stereo and car. I love it to no end.
re: UGLY BETTY PRODUCER: Musical Episode and Betty Stops WICKED.  Jul 30 2007, 01:07:52 PM
That's odd that Wicked is being shown in an ABC show if it's produced by NBC universal. I suppose it's because it's a popular show. It appeals to a wide range of people. If a date took me to Wicked I'd be thrilled.

I'm definatley going to watch the show, I don't normally watch it except for the odd times when someone I love is on like Patti or Kristin.

re: I Refuse To See a Musical! Yuck!  Jul 30 2007, 03:38:25 AM
Personally I just ignore it. If that stubborn then there's no point in changing their mind. I just think they're stupid for missing out on the brilliance and quality of the songs found in musicals.

In my mind it's something written by Stephen Sondhiem vs. something written by Fifty Cent... If you had that choice why the hell would you pick Fifty Cent?

re: NY Times Grease Article  Jul 28 2007, 02:29:06 PM
I just read the article and I have no idea what the point of it was! That was just plain bad writing.
re: Grease 2007: The Window Card  Jul 16 2007, 10:51:31 PM
I feel like their whole advertising campaign is tacky (in the colour scheme and font mixing way.) I absolutley hate the outside of their theatre.
re: Happy Birthday JLY!  Jul 6 2007, 03:14:18 AM
I agree with Jerseyboyslover. It's one thing to display your opinion to further a conversation or debate then that's fine. But when it has nothing to do with the intended topic then who are you helping besides yourself. and even then you just look like a jack-ass.
If people are mean just because "that's the way that they are" it doesn't make it acceptable.

re: THE DROWSY CHAPERONE Tour Thread  Jul 6 2007, 12:30:54 AM
I'm incredibly excited for the Toronto show! I was convinced for the longest time that theatre was gonna suck this year, because Mirvish had a pretty bad line up. Thank god for Dancap!

(side note: "we might get more of the orignal cast members since it started in LA."

It actually started in Toronto at the Toronto Fringe Festival)

re: Musicals with long stretches of no music  Jul 5 2007, 07:42:01 PM
With Jersey Boys, you have to wait a good 45 minutes before the Four Seasons sing their first of thier hits "Sherry." But, before that there are snippets of other songs from that era.
re: Fanadus may want to consider another name...  Jul 3 2007, 11:47:29 PM
HAHA!

The best part is there's a dirty old man taking a picture with girl's behinds.

He looks like a creeper.

It's a shame, I thought the Fanadu name was so cute.

re: 'It's a Musical for People Who Don't like Musicals'  Jul 3 2007, 11:38:34 PM
Wonderfulwizard, I agree that musicals like Grey Gardens deserve the numbers that Wicked gets... but we can't spend peoples money for them, if hey want to see Wicked, who are we to tell them that they should REALLY be seeing Grey Gardens instead. (it is a shame however when someone has seen Wicked like ten times and have no idea who Stephen Sondhiem is.)

Evadiva, the point of my comment was in accordance with yours. I feel like if people who are more "theatre-literate" think that people

re: 'It's a Musical for People Who Don't like Musicals'  Jul 3 2007, 10:33:41 PM
My point is:

If shows are attracting people to come see live theatre is it really that bad?

re: Best Revival TONY Curse  Jul 3 2007, 10:26:07 PM
Cabaret has closed
re: 'It's a Musical for People Who Don't like Musicals'  Jul 3 2007, 10:23:05 PM
Why is it that we are so offended when a musical that is "main stream" open like Spamalot opens.

We get seem to hate it because it violates the history of Musical theatre and is not as artist-y as something like Grey Gardens.

Is it so difficult for us to respect that there are people out there that are trying to get people to come to broadway and see shows? Is that SO wrong of them?

I first fell in love with Broadway because of shows like Wicked and Spamalot and

OF ALL THE INJUSTICES!!  Jun 25 2007, 02:18:15 AM
I was watching "the making of Ragtime" of youtube today and it mentioned that it started previews in Toronto. Now, I don't know why I never thought of this before because I knew that Ragtime came to broadway in '98 and my mom and sister saw it '96 and I decided to look at my mom's old programme and she saw Ragtime with what is essentially the Original Broadway Cast. I was kind of young at the time so she took my sister instead of me and today I freaked out after I finally put two and two togethe
Since when did Idina Menzel give birth?  Jun 22 2007, 10:52:45 PM
This is a little scary. However, scary in a cute way. It's actually a little funny... I don't know how I feel about it. I think I'm jealous.
re: Roundabout 2001 Spring Awakening Workshop  Jun 22 2007, 01:49:52 AM
where can you find this recording?
re: your favourite SHAKESPEAREN monologue?  Jun 18 2007, 04:33:02 PM
this is hard... it's between:

1. Much ado about nothing: benedic find our Beatrice "loves" him
2. Hamlet: Ophelia gone mad (not a monologue, but I did take out everyone else's lines and just did her when she was mad for a competition once and it was great!)
3. Macbeth: "out damn spot!" Lady Macbeth
4.King Lear: "blow winds" king Lear

re: Why are we such puritans?  Jun 11 2007, 01:57:46 AM
all editing to the song aside, I really enjoyed their performance.
re: Your Personal favorite For Best Musical Tony  Mar 17 2007, 11:36:31 PM
I Want to see Spring Awakening take it
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You