News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bdwyguy30

Bdwyguy30 Profile Photo
Member Name: Bdwyguy30
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny  Jan 14 2007, 10:33:55 PM
I know you have probably heard this but in case you didn't. Yes, Altar Boyz is "Off-Broadway" but it is commercial off-broadway. There is Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Off-off Broadway. The difference between commercial off broadway (or some not for profit Off-Broadway theatre's) and Broadway theatre is size. That is all. Anything over 499 seats is technically considered Broadway. There are some exceptions. The tendency for people is to think that ANYTHING that is not a broadway show is "off-broad
Never mind  Oct 31 2006, 07:55:33 PM

Who was in the summer reading of 110 in the Shade??  Oct 30 2006, 08:59:00 PM
Was wondering if anyone could help me out. I know they did a workshop this summer but who were the principals? Does anyone know? Thanks.
re: Shrek Casting ideas?  Oct 18 2006, 09:59:12 PM
I think that Rodney Hicks would be an awesome Donkey. he is so versatile and he can be VERY funny.
re: Jacques Brel CD news  Sep 19 2006, 09:02:58 PM
I don't know about lackluster re: Drew Sarich, but Rodney Hicks apparantely sounds really great on the CD. Full of emotion and great storytelling. The whole cast is like that. Having seen the show with Drew and with Rodney, they are SO different you can't compare the two in any way. I am sorry you thought Natascia sounded tired when you saw the show, she always sounded great when I've seen the show. Maybe that's just me. I am really looking forward to hearing her 'My Death'.
re: Jacques Brel CD news  Sep 19 2006, 02:31:15 PM
ditto folkyboy. It was recorded in its entirety. All I keep hearing from people who have heard it is how amazing all of the songs sound on the CD. I can't wait. I am going to get mine at the theatre in October!
re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple  Sep 5 2006, 05:39:26 PM
I think that Rodney Hicks (Jacques Brel) would make a fantastic Harpo. Aisha DeHaas would be a great Sophia or Sharon Wilkins.
re: Rent OBC  Sep 5 2006, 05:29:40 PM
Just so you know Rodney Hicks from the original cast of Rent was not "old" at all when he was in the cast and is not "old" now. He had just turned 21. Just thought I would share that with you.
The 60's Project @ Goodspeed  Aug 12 2006, 11:35:01 AM

re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project  Jun 28 2006, 03:23:27 PM
Having seen the Worksho in the fall and with the apparant changes. It is technically a "Jukebox" show but it is more Jersey Boys than good vibrations, All shook up, Lennon in terms of depth and substance. There is an actual story and characters that you chart and follow and how they go from being 17 to 27 and how each of them go from the innocent youths from the beginning to the diverse mixed bag at the end of the play and the end of the era actaully. The multi media at least from the Fall works
re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project  Jun 28 2006, 12:29:37 PM
I just got my tickets actually. The box office told me that his last performance is on Thursday July 6th. I think the cast is also doing a thing at Broadway in Bryant Park in the afternoon. Also I believe megan Lewis is doing it again, don't qoute me but I don't think Chad Kimball will be with it because apparantley Shonn Wiley is playing that role now. I have seen Shonn in Dracula and the NYMF show he did last summer he is excellent. So I am looking forward to The 60's.
re: Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project  Jun 27 2006, 02:32:22 PM
Hey thanks I just did some research and it is going to be at The Goodspeed Opera house at The Norma Terris. Thanks for that.
Rodney Hicks is cast in The 60's Project  Jun 27 2006, 02:14:03 PM
I just heard from a friend that Rodney is leaving Jacques Brel to do a new musical called The 60's Project. Richard Maltby is directing it I think. I dont think it has been announced or anything but has anyone heard anything about this show? I saw him in Jacques Brel and Two Gents in Baltimore and think he is awesome! Does anyone know what the show is about?
re: next 'jukebox' musical?  Jun 26 2006, 11:45:56 AM
The new Richard Maltby directed musical called, "The 60's Project" which will have it's premiere at The Norma Terris Theatre at Goodspeed this summer. I think this has been in workshop/ reading phase for the past four years. I saw a recent workshop of it this fall and I thought it was good and very moving at times. It needed some work and apparantely they did retooling on the story some more with an new book writer and it's very good now. I am going to check it out over the summer. We'll see.
re: I Love You Because Discount Offer  May 2 2006, 11:36:21 PM
I really loved this show. does anyone know if there is going to be a cast recording? It really sucks that the awards people have overlooked this show.
re: 2006-2007 Revivals  May 2 2006, 12:11:52 PM
I know for a fact that there is definitely a major Pippin Revival being cast now. It is set to play the Goodspeed playhouse this summer through September and then go on a 21 week National Tour. Again, if it's received well who knows. Stephen Schwartz is actively involved in the process of it and Gabriel Barre is the director and Mark Dendy is the choreographer. again, who knows. I guess time and reviews will tell. As far as the Wiz revival how about Nikki James for Dorothy or is it definite that
re: Jacques Brel - A Mini-Review  Mar 19 2006, 10:14:39 PM

re: Is Jacques Brel likely to be recorded?  Feb 27 2006, 08:31:14 PM
I don't know. I had the same attitude before I saw their press preview and it was very good. Everyone who atended thought the same thing and we all were surprised that it didn't come off as dated, to be honest I didn't know of the show until shortly before I attended the preview. And I am not in my 60's. I just don't get why people on this board tend to bash things before they even see it. I am not trying to change your viewpoint on the show either for all I know the rest could be extremely date
re: Is Jacques Brel likely to be recorded?  Feb 27 2006, 08:08:32 PM
The show isn't a limited engagement actually it is, at least on playbill billed as an open run. So who knows. Don't knock things out until you've seen it. Also I got a chance to go to the press preview of the show and there was nothing 60's about the music at all. So I would wait to pass judgment on something you haven't even seen yet.
re: Is Jacques Brel likely to be recorded?  Feb 26 2006, 07:23:28 PM
I know that if you go to the website, which I just did the radio spot is up and Robert Cuccioli singing "Amsterdam" and "Carousel" , it sounds great! It seems as though they already recorded it, if it is on the website. I hope they do.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You