pixeltracker

Austin Miller: Link Larkin meets Danny Zuko

Austin Miller: Link Larkin meets Danny Zuko

Trish2
#1Austin Miller: Link Larkin meets Danny Zuko
Posted: 1/14/07 at 8:44pm

Austin Miller from the tour of Hairspray is the best "danny" so far on this lame show. I bet he'll be on til the end, if not claim the prize once he dyes the hair. Believe me, we'll see the transformation over the weeks to come.

So sad to see professional talent up against novices-what a mess ! Updated On: 1/14/07 at 08:44 PM

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#2re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 8:51pm

I think you mean Link.
And I agree, he's pretty good.

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#2re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 8:52pm

...he's not a Danny at all.
I was surprised he was put through.

NJgirl
#3re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 8:52pm

Gretchen Beiber (also of Hairspray) calling him "dreamy" cracked me up. So far Austin is the most talented Danny on this show....you're absolutely right.

ClumsyDude15
#4re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 8:55pm

"Gretchen Beiber (also of Hairspray) calling him "dreamy" cracked me up"

Was she the girl who was talking to him at one point.
Who does she play in HAIRSPRAY?

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.

ClumsyDude15
#5re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 8:56pm

He got through.

Yankeefan007
#6re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 8:57pm

Did Gretchen?

ClumsyDude15
#7re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 8:58pm

Not sure.
They didn't show her.

EDIT: Just now they showed both Austin and her and she said she made it too.
So yes.

Updated On: 1/14/07 at 08:58 PM

NJgirl
#8re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 9:02pm

Gretchen was a swing with Hairspray on Broadway. I've seen her go on as a nicest kid a few times and I think she's been on as Amber and female authority figure too?

She does quite a good riff after "mama Im a big girl now" when I've seen her as Shelley.

I'm glad she got through.

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#9re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 9:12pm

If shes been on Broadway how is she on this show?

"Have they come yet?"

jonartdesigns Profile Photo
jonartdesigns
#10re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 9:36pm

i don't think its required for you to be an ameture

"Grease," the fourth revival of the season, is the worst show in the history of theater and represents an unparalleled assault on Western civilization and its values. - Michael Reidel

almostxfamous Profile Photo
almostxfamous
#11re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 9:53pm

It isn't mandatory to be a novice. Jason Celaya, who got his Equity card with Altar Boyz, got through.

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#12re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:08pm

Altar Boyz is Off Broadway.

"Have they come yet?"

Luckydave14
#13re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:12pm

I also loved Gretchen's riffs.

RentBoy86
#14re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:14pm

What's your point myManCape? Equity doesn't mean just Broadway. Professional doesn't mean just Broadway. Broadway is a name, yes, but not everything that's on it is "amazing" or "the best there is."

Like Ms. Marshall said: "This is an open casting call." Which mean it's not just amateurs like American Idol.

buffyactsing Profile Photo
buffyactsing
#15re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:18pm

Do people have SO LITTLE imagination that they can't see him as Danny? Shouldn't we reserve those judgements for when we see him act?

"This ocean runs more dark and deep than you may think you know...I'll be the fear of the fire at sea." -Marie Christine

MrBundles Profile Photo
MrBundles
#16re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:20pm

Broadway is a name, yes, but not everything that's on it is "amazing" or "the best there is."

AMEN TO THAT.

Your fupa is showing.

jimnysf
#17re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:24pm

I loved Austin Miller in "Hairspray". Now I am going to have to watch this crappy show. OY!

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#18re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:25pm

Equity doesn't mean just Broadway. Professional doesn't mean just Broadway.

I know this. But I was under the impression that the rules of TV show said that you couldn’t participate if you had Broadway credits. If this isn’t the case, then ignore everything I said before. My point was that Altar Boyz is off Broadway so this rule wouldn’t apply.

Sorry for the confusion.

"Have they come yet?"

thespian geek Profile Photo
thespian geek
#19re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:27pm

Do people have SO LITTLE imagination that they can't see him as Danny?

At initial look, he doesn't physically seem like a Danny. He has a very nice voice and that brief shot of him from Grease Academy when he was dancing... I saw a darker hair color and it was slicked back greaser style and I was impressed at how big of a change doing very little can make. He'll be a pretty boy Danny, but isn't that kind of what Danny was? Or can be. He's not a macho guy by any means.

Bdwyguy30 Profile Photo
Bdwyguy30
#20re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:33pm

I know you have probably heard this but in case you didn't. Yes, Altar Boyz is "Off-Broadway" but it is commercial off-broadway. There is Broadway, Off-Broadway, and Off-off Broadway. The difference between commercial off broadway (or some not for profit Off-Broadway theatre's) and Broadway theatre is size. That is all. Anything over 499 seats is technically considered Broadway. There are some exceptions. The tendency for people is to think that ANYTHING that is not a broadway show is "off-broadway" when in fact there are several shows that are commercial Off-broadway and just as strong as broadway shows. The pay however is different. By about half of the broadway minimum sometimes. The highest minimum off-Broadway is I believe a little over 850.00 weekly in a 499 seat theatre. But you can, of course get paid a lot more pending on the show and the performer. I know you probably didn't need or want to hear ANY of this but just wanted to share some info.

Doogie Profile Photo
Doogie
#21re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/14/07 at 10:38pm

I'm just going to point out that in the agent breakdown for this Grease! revival, they were indeed looking for Danny's and Sandy's, with the understanding that in order to be cast, they would have to do the whole "You're The One That We Want" deal.

catstagestud Profile Photo
catstagestud
#22re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/15/07 at 12:27am

I hope I don't have to watch him try to be Danny too much; already saw him in Hairspray, both in Chicago and Tucson and I'm over it...

Cheers,

Christopher

www.christopherviolett.com

Raviolisun Profile Photo
Raviolisun
#23re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/15/07 at 12:42am

I watched a full episode for the first tim etoday, and he ws definitely the best. He looks exactly like Harry Connick Jr., doesn't he?

One time, Patti LuPone punched me in the face...

It was awesome.
- theaterkid1015

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#24re: Austin Miller: Lnk meets Danny
Posted: 1/15/07 at 12:58am

Having worked with both Austin and Gretchen, I wish them both the best of luck. They are both tremedously talented, as well as being great people in general.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Videos