pixeltracker

Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple

Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple

Mattbrain
#0Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 9:44am

Heather Headley as Celie, Brian Stokes Mitchell as Mister, and Ramona Keller as Shug.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

erinrebecca
#1re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:46pm

Telsey is holding auditions now and it's unlikely that any of those actors will be cast.

Mattbrain
#2re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:47pm

It was just some harmless speculation is all.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#3re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:47pm

I could never ever see Stokes in TCP

"Have they come yet?"

Mattbrain
#4re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:48pm

Yeah, you're right.

Chanticleer148 Profile Photo
Chanticleer148
#5re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 12:50pm

Heather and Brian would be wonderful, and I'm sure that they would show up for work!

It's great to think about it even if it will never happen.

FinallyAmember
#6re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 1:36pm

I would love to see Saycon Sengbloh join the cast. I know she was part of a tryout or something in North Carolina. People are saying she is leaving Wicked in October; If that is the case, I would love to see her full-time on Broadway. Her voice would be enough to get me to buy a ticket to the show.

atlsuperstar
#7re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 1:46pm

She played Nettie in the workshop and the world premiere in Atlanta. I don't think that she will be doing that, she wasn't that happy about not being used for the BRoadway production. Even after Renee left she didn't even get an appointment. I don't think the producers really liked her, I thought she was an amazing Nettie. I agree that she needs to get a role and stop being a standby, she is fun to watch.

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#8re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 2:01pm

I'd like to see Nicole Leach take over a role in it eventually.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#9re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 2:10pm

Heather would be a terrible Celie. She would be a better Shug if any of them. But we want heather to keep try and pushing it other realms of music. I don't want her back on stage.

CurtisTaylorJr2 Profile Photo
CurtisTaylorJr2
#10re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 2:38pm

Stokes' voice is too operatic to play the role of Mister

jimnysf
#11re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 2:55pm

I vote for Harvey and Rosie! I'm all for non-traditional casting.

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#12re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 2:56pm

Rosie Perez as Celie

admanrich Profile Photo
admanrich
#13re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 3:10pm

I think they should bump up Kenita. She's on so much anyway and is excellent in the role.

BwayBaby18 Profile Photo
BwayBaby18
#14re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 3:44pm

Is LaChanze gonna Resign with a Mat. Celie?

atlsuperstar
#15re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 5:06pm

Kenita should and more than likely will be bumped up when Lachanze leaves. Kenita is young but has amazing stage presence, I would love to see her in the role full-time.

sidneybruhl Profile Photo
sidneybruhl
#16re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 5:20pm

Who will they get to replace Felicia P. Fields as Sophia? Now that's a tough act to follow.

bwayondabrain
#17re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 5:22pm

most certainly! that will be tough casting...hopefully Felicia will stay for a time
but maybe Mary Bond Davis, or someone
or Oprah!
:P
Updated On: 8/27/06 at 05:22 PM

atlsuperstar
#18re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 6:14pm

Mary Bond Davis? I don't really see that! I think that it will be a no name, no really comes to mind in the broadwayworld right now that could tackle that role with success. Sophia is not the high belting big girl everyone is use to, she gives low good notes. I really can't think of anyone that is known that can do it? Any suggestions? Aside from the fact she has to know how to act, someone once said Frenchie Davis and I laughed so hard in there face!

Luckydave14
#20re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 6:36pm

Anika Noni Rose might be a smart choice after Dreamgirls comes out because they can advertise it as "Dreamgirls' Anika Noni Rose as Celie"

Chanticleer148 Profile Photo
Chanticleer148
#21re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 10:30pm

Kenita is marvelous!

MTVMANN Profile Photo
MTVMANN
#22re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 10:51pm

Lilias White as Sofia!!!!!! Keep this woman on Broadway!!!!!!

Unmasked05 Profile Photo
Unmasked05
#23re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 11:31pm

Shug Avery...Jennifer Holiday

Celie...Kenita

Sophia...Lilia White

Facebook...ME !!!

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#24re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/27/06 at 11:43pm

They'll put Oprah in the show when sales drop drastically.

RentBoy86
#25re: Possible cast replacements for The Color Purple
Posted: 8/28/06 at 1:27am

I dont think any of them want to be replacements. I'm sure it will be a bunch of newbies. It's not like the sales are lacking.

Videos