Jacques Brel CD news

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#0Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 5:35pm

According to Eric Scejcar on the official site...

It will be a single disc that runs 77 minutes and contains 22 tracks.. They recorded everything from the show, and the material that they were unable to fit will be available online.

There will also be a "surprise additional bonus track."

Available in the theatre next month, in stores November.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

broadway_socialite Profile Photo
broadway_socialite
#1re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 6:00pm

thanks for the great news, i cant wait!

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#2re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 6:28pm

Too bad only 1 CD

Wonder which numbers bite the dust

Poster Emeritus

Chrysanthemum62001
#3re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 6:55pm

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaay! I just wish it was two cds. I'm glad the songs are gonna be available online though. The other thing...did they record the cd with Drew, or the other guy?

I have the biggest crush on Eric....just thought I'd throw that in!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

RentBoy86
#4re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 7:05pm

So, they couldn't fit the entire show on the CD, but they're going to have bonus-tracks on the CD? Hm...I guess I see where their priorties are...

exedore
#5re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 7:13pm

In fairness, they *are* posting the extra tracks online, which is damn cool.

munkustrap178
#6re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 9:39pm

I believe it was recorded with Rodney.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#7re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 9:47pm

"So, they couldn't fit the entire show on the CD, but they're going to have bonus-tracks on the CD? Hm...I guess I see where their priorties are..."

That's my beef with the new A Chorus Line CD TOO!!!

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

RentBoy86
#8re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:26pm

Yeah, I mean i'm grateful they're preserving the show, but I don't get that.

PARISinNYC Profile Photo
PARISinNYC
#9re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/18/06 at 11:49pm

As long as it's available, i'm happy.

temms Profile Photo
temms
#10re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 1:26am

I worked on the disc. The extra "Bonus Track" alluded to will be one of the online exclusive tracks - the 22 tracks on the disc will all be songs featured in the show. The final track list will be announced shortly.

The CD was recorded while Rodney Hicks was still in the show, so it is he who sings the role of the younger man on the recording. Updated On: 9/19/06 at 01:26 AM

flossie2
#11re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 2:16pm

It is a shame that the show was not recorded in its entirety. The songs chosen for this revival and their re-ordering from the original production should be preserved. I can not imagine what has been eliminated. All songs add so much to the show. I hope nothing sung by Robert Cuccioli or Natascia Diaz have been cut as those are all my favorites!
Does anyone know who will be replacing Drew when he leaves in a few weeks for Les Miz?

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#12re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 2:27pm

it was fully recorded but Sh-K Boom couldn't fit it all one disc so you'll be able to get the other songs via iTunes or Rhapsody or whatever means they elect

Bdwyguy30 Profile Photo
Bdwyguy30
#13re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 2:31pm

ditto folkyboy. It was recorded in its entirety. All I keep hearing from people who have heard it is how amazing all of the songs sound on the CD. I can't wait. I am going to get mine at the theatre in October!

munkustrap178
#14re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 2:33pm

The songs are amazing, and these interpretations are amazing. I cannot wait to have Gay Marshall in my apartment!

And geez, you guys are so hard to please!

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#15re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 3:36pm

when i saw them perform, Natascia broke down during "Old People" and it KILLED me! i can't wait to have THAT powerhouse in my apartment

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#16re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 4:13pm

When I saw it, I thought Gay was the best by far! I can't wait to have her on CD. Natascia, who showed potential, really just seemed tired. Now I'm thinking that its too bad because all of you seem enthralled by her performance. I guess I need to see it again.
Drew was very Lackluster and I am interested to hear how Rodney sounds. I'm looking forward to my purchase.

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#17re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 5:37pm

Folkyboy, Natascia's "Old Folks" had me on the verge of sobs the very first time I saw the show. I was raised by my Grandparents and I had lost my Grandfather a few months before I first saw the show. Needless to say I was NOT prepared for that song. I cannot wait for this CD.

Bdwyguy30 Profile Photo
Bdwyguy30
#18re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 9:02pm

I don't know about lackluster re: Drew Sarich, but Rodney Hicks apparantely sounds really great on the CD. Full of emotion and great storytelling. The whole cast is like that. Having seen the show with Drew and with Rodney, they are SO different you can't compare the two in any way. I am sorry you thought Natascia sounded tired when you saw the show, she always sounded great when I've seen the show. Maybe that's just me. I am really looking forward to hearing her 'My Death'.

exedore
#19re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 9:56pm

"Drew was very Lackluster"

Them's fighting words.

I'll gladly take Rodney and Gay doing "La Moribond/Goodbye My Friends" than no recording at all, even though I'd rather have Drew.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#20re: Jacques Brel CD news
Posted: 9/19/06 at 10:43pm

YES!

Finally we'll have a recording other than the 70s version on iTunes!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Videos