Shrek Casting ideas?

NathanLaneStalker
#0Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:36pm

Who would you like to be cast in the upcoming Shrek musical?

Here are my choices:

Shrek: Shuler Hensley (GOD! This poor guy gets type cast waaayy to much! LOL)

Donkey: Chester Gregory II

Fiona: Celia Keenan-Bolger (Sp?) or Kristin Chenoweth

Lord Farquad: Hmmmmmm.....Brian d'arcy James?

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

mateo Profile Photo
mateo
#1re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:39pm

Shrek: Harvey

Fiona: Idina

:)

"Zac is sweet as can be. He's very much just a sweet kid from California who happens to have a face that looks like it was drawn by Michelangelo, (if Michelangelo did anime)."
-Adam Shankman.

"I haven't left this building since Windows 3.1!"

"Celebrating a birthday this week: Rene Descartes is 412! Do you know who he is? Then why are you watching this show? You could probably get into college and even get one of those job things. As for the rest of us; Amanda Bynes is 22! Yay!"
-E!'s "The Soup"

Producer2 Profile Photo
Producer2
#2re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:40pm

John Goodman as Shrek
John Tartaglia as Donkey

gavrochegirl
#3re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:41pm

I think Celia would be wonderful as Fiona.

What the puck?!

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#4re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:41pm

I could see Brian as Farquad.

Fiona- I could see Sherie Rene Scott for some reason.
Shrek- No clue.
Donkey- No clue, either.

DramaLady2010
#5re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:49pm

shrek-harvey
fiona-idina menzel , sutton foster, sara ramirez, shoshana bean, celia kb

??dunno.

Julian2
#6re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:51pm

I could see Tartaglia as Farquad.

I have several names, one is Julian2. I am also The Opps Girl. But cross me, and I become Bitch Dooku!

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#7re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 11:02pm

I think Megan Hilty could pull off both a hilarious orge Fiona, as weel as a gorgeous princess Fiona.

Akiva

boxers7 Profile Photo
boxers7
#8re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 11:05pm

I'd looooove to see Tartaglia as Farquad and Hilty as Fiona.

"I don't wanna see that!" -Aunt Sassy (as played by Valerie Cherish) on Room & Bored

MusicalMo
#10re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 11:15pm

The casting notice went up today, and I am afraid most of the suggestions wouldn't work. Alot of your choices for the character Shrek are WAY too old. They are looking for 20's/30's. Here's the character descriptions...these are for the workshop in Feb. '07

Shrek: 20s – 30s. An ogre. His brutish physical appearance disguises a warm heart. Values his peaceful solitary life in the swamp. A lonely outsider with soul and strength and wit. Seeking actors with a powerful presence and strength, with true rock or R&B voices.

Donkey: 20s – 30s. A performer with a contemporary, urban edge and great humor. Joins Shrek on his journey to capture Princess Fiona. Seeking unique performers, especially from the slam poetry or hip hop worlds, or clever actors with great comic skill.

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#11re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 11:31pm

Yikes I don't like either of those descriptions.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#12re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 11:39pm

now mateo we don't wanna stur up the idina-fans.

i say wayne brady in the donkey role...but he may be busy we geriatric duets....i would love sho to be fiona but it wont happen.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/17/06 at 11:44pm

Um, if Harvey is Shrek and Celia is Fiona, can you imagine those two kissing? Lol.

I don't think Tartaglia would make a good Farquad...he's not a terrible actor but I just would think they would go with someone a bit...older?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

NathanLaneStalker
#14re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 12:49am

Just talked to Harvey. He said he would NEVER be Shrek.

Shuler is to perfect!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#15re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 1:27am

I could see Dan Fogler...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space
Updated On: 10/18/06 at 01:27 AM

neddyfrank2
#16re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 1:39am

Before I opened the thread, I knew there would be a Harvey/Idina joke

bwayondabrain
#17re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 6:31am

either Celia, Megan, or Sherie as Fiona, i think they would all be marvelous!

Norbert as Farquaad

:)

jess20882 Profile Photo
jess20882
#18re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 11:30am

Just my opinions...feel free to agree or disagree...

Shrek: Marc Kudisch
Fiona: Megan Hilty
Donkey: Chester Gregory
Farquad: maybe Tyler Hanes?

re: Shrek Casting ideas?

Lizzya9
#19re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 11:37am

I LOVE the idea of Chester Gregory as Donkey! Shuler would also be a good Shrek...hmmm, maybe Chryssie Whitehead as Fiona??

Trekkie2
#20re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 11:45am

Matthew Broderick IS Castle Guard #3, with Nathan Lane as the dragon.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell
Updated On: 10/18/06 at 11:45 AM

jimnysf
#21re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 11:50am

No one. Stop the insanity of this movies to Broadway trend. In the good old days, they would have been happy to settle for "Shrek on Ice" instead of taking up space on Broadway!

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

NathanLaneStalker
#22re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 11:53am

I do agree with you jimnysf, but what can we do? It's coming wether we like it or not so we might as well make the best of it.

jimnysf
#23re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 12:01pm

How about casting it as a Lesbian Love Story?

Idina as Shrek
Krissie as the Princess
Harvey as the evil queen

"I've lost everything! Luis, Marty, my baby with Chris, Chris himself, James. All I ever wanted was love." --Sheridan Crane "Passions" ------- "Housework is like bad sex. Every time I do it, I swear I'll never do it again til the next time company comes."--"Lulu" from "Can't Stop The Music" ----- "When the right doors didn't open for him, he went through the wrong ones" - "Sweet Bird of Youth" ------------ --------- "Passions" is uncancelled! See NBC.com for more info.

Trekkie2
#24re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 12:39pm

Donkey is going to be played by that "little person" (sorry jimnysf, you're right) who was Mini-Me in Austin Powers.

"I think of avant-garde as downtown shows where you rub waffles and chocolate on yourself."- Hunter Bell
Updated On: 10/18/06 at 12:39 PM

jimnysf
#25re: Shrek Casting ideas?
Posted: 10/18/06 at 12:41pm

I don't think "midget" is a word that we use in 2006.

Videos