News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sing_dance_love

sing_dance_love Profile Photo
Member Name: sing_dance_love
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/patrickballbundy
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PICTURES FROM HOME - P/reviews & News Thread  Jan 30 2023, 03:11:31 PM

SouthernCakes said: "Is there anything interesting about the staging or direction? This just all around feels like a “meh” but it somehow attracted major talent."

There is a set reveal about 3/4s in that is initially cool, but doesn’t end up amounting to much. Otherwise, all the action takes place in a sparsely furnished living room with pictures projected on the back wall. Saw this a week-ish ago and unfortunately it’s pretty underbaked. Just

Claire Foy and Matt Smith to Reunite, on a Brooklyn Stage  Dec 18 2019, 02:05:08 PM
I was lucky enough to see it in London too, and thought it was the best thing I saw that trip. Very funny, moving, and beautifully acted. I’ll be out of town for the BAM run, so I’m so glad I was able to see it then, but I’m glad New York audiences are getting the chance!
KRISTIN CHENOWETH: FOR THE GIRLS Show Thread  Nov 11 2019, 11:49:03 AM
Just wanted to chime in that I went on friday and it was just as charming and kooky and delightful as I expected. She just radiates warmth and love of music, while never taking herself too seriously, and it makes for a great evening. And she is in GREAT voice. It really is a testament to the training, it’s wild that she still sounds THIS good. Really glad I went.
The Inheritance - Previews  Sep 28 2019, 08:50:18 PM
Currently at 1st intermission of tonight’s preview. WOW. The staging, direction, and company of actors so far are thrilling. Very moving with a great command of pace and rising tension. Has flown by so far. Can’t wait for the rest!
West End CAROLINE OR CHANGE revival at Roundabout in 2020  Aug 19 2019, 08:21:15 PM
I am over the moon (change) about this! Finally will get to see this live. And I’m with Jordan, the material is sublime. I cannot wait to see this.
Wasn’t Cheno Coming Back To Bway With Like 5 New Musicals?  Aug 19 2019, 11:38:48 AM
Lolll, Bless you for this thread. I wish I had any news, but I’m hoping the Tammy Faye one is the one that pans out.
Fairview ticket tonight 6/30  Jun 30 2019, 09:34:56 AM
Posted on the buy/sell board, but hoping to have some luck here. Tonight 6/30, 7:30, seat A303 second row, house right. $50, selling below what I paid. Let me know!
TOOTSIE the Musical: PREVIEWS START  Apr 19 2019, 11:55:10 AM
Mister Matt- I’m with you, the melody to (I guess its’s called) Dear John was so wonderfully interesting and reminded me of the best of what I love about Yazbeck. Definitely one of the best in the score.

Mike Barrett- I really enjoy The Prom’s score too, and for me, when The Prom’s lyrics are trying to be funny they’re more consistently laugh out loud funny than those in Tootsie, and when they’re trying to be touching they’re more consistently that than those in Tootsie. Tootsie does h

TOOTSIE the Musical: PREVIEWS START  Apr 17 2019, 03:22:46 PM
Saw this on monday night and have to echo many of the recent posts, the show is FUNNY. I think the supporting cast is just firing on all cylinders, boy, everyone is great. Cooper, Grotelueschen, Stiles, Rogers, Halston: all fanstastic.

I am a huge fan of Yasbeck’s scores, and I thought about 30% was wonderful, mostly the women’s material. The rest is fine, with fun, very Yazbecky rhythms and melodies, but the lyrics just aren’t as funny or inspired as his past work. Michael’s material,

Mar 21 2019, 12:48:57 PM

If you check youtube, the clip of the number from the filmed version of the last revival runs about 10:50. From entering the scene till end of number. Now, I don’t think the dance arrangement in this revival is an *exact* recreation by any means, but it is similar and I imagine the runtime follows suit.

Mar 7 2019, 11:45:50 AM
“...From that rich DNA, we will be building an original story with entirely original music written by major Nashville and Broadway songwriters," said Delman in a statement.

This reads to me like they’re taking the Bring It On approach. Like, new characters entirely. But if it has the feel, style, and heart of the original series this has potential and hopefully they’ll be able to come up with new characters as good as Rayna.

Frankie and Johnny will play the Broadhurst  Feb 22 2019, 12:10:35 PM
I guess the original press release did say performances would start in May, but now that I’m seeing the concrete dates, it didn’t occur to me that this would be part of the ‘19-‘20 season instead of this one. Really looking forward to this, regardless!
Flops of the season.  Feb 16 2019, 01:20:36 PM
LOL, “Gettin’ the Head Over Margaritaville” is brilliant.
Manhattan Concert Productions to do  Jan 30 2019, 11:51:00 PM
Have we seen him do a comedic role of this style before? He’s got a great voice, and wonderful dancer obviously, but just trying to imagine him doing something of this nature. I guess there is the whole Zangler thing in Crazy For You. Was he funny in that?
Adam Pascal in Pretty Woman  Jan 17 2019, 12:39:17 AM
Saw the show, and Adam, tonight. Boy, is he great. Rick solid vocals, super charismatic, and even with some of that dialogue hes given, he kinda ran away with the show. I havent seen it before, but I found that he has a natural warmth and ease about him that made it believable that theres a relaxed, spontaneous guy inside. He really is a such welcome presence onstage every time Ive seen him.

...the show on the other hand, I found to be... lacking. There are glimmers of what this could

Manhattan Concert Productions to do  Jan 16 2019, 11:55:47 PM
Would anyone be willing to share that code? Not sure if there was already a discount out there or not. Thanks!!
What to do about ITH professional production with non POC in lead roles?  Jan 8 2019, 11:52:30 AM

@haterobics, Kevin’s main song is called “Inutil” and deals specifically with his relationship with his father and their circumstances as immigrants.

Encores' BRIGADOON will receive a cast album this fall  Dec 8 2018, 12:01:34 PM
This concert was straight-up glorious and this recording is such a wonderful reminder of how special it was. I’ll be hitting repeat on a lot of these tracks for a while. So glad it’s finally out! I can’t get over how great every single soloist sounds, especially (Dame) Kelli and Ross Lekites. As well as the orchestra. God, I wish I could go back in time to see this again.
16y/o Jimmy Award Winner is Bway's Next Evan Hansen  Nov 13 2018, 10:49:28 AM

Edit: the above posters answered before me. 

Rembember When Raul Esparza Lost the Tony to David Hyde Pierce...  Oct 30 2018, 07:02:43 PM

@MM ...ok. Difference of opinion, then. No need to mock my choice of words. Just sharing my viewpoint while understanding that yours has validity too. Carry on.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You