pixeltracker

TARZAN news- CAST! (& LESTAT theater info)

TARZAN news- CAST! (& LESTAT theater info)

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#0TARZAN news- CAST! (& LESTAT theater info)
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:21pm

I just got back from All Shook Up (will post a review tonight...it was the most fun Ive had at a show in a long while, even if it was not perfect).

At the stage door, someone asked Jenn Gambatese what her next project was. She said she will be playing Jane in Tarzan and Josh Strickland (sp) will be playing Tarzan!

Woot woot! I'm finally the leaker of Broadway news! TARZAN news- CAST! (& LESTAT theater info)

Updated On: 9/24/05 at 05:21 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS
#1re: TARZAN news- CAST!
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:27pm

Oh, and Lestat IS going into the Palace theater according to the woman by the stage door. She said there were originally some rumors about Chita coming there before it was announced it would open at the Schoenfeld (I think it's the Schoenfeld) but Lestat will be the next tenant.

pointpark kyle Profile Photo
pointpark kyle
#2re: TARZAN news- CAST!
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:32pm

Awesome news! Jen is from around my hometown and it is always good to hear that someone made it big!

CONGRATULATIONS JEN!

~Kyle

WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: TARZAN news- CAST!
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:32pm

re: TARZAN news- CAST!

This is what I got when I googled Josh Strickland...it doesnt say anything about previous experience in theater...it may not even be him...

Tenorific2
#4re: TARZAN news- CAST!
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:34pm

Yeah, that's him. I was actually going to post that photo myself. You beat me to it!! re: TARZAN news- CAST!

Apparently, he was on "Star Search" and was a finalist for "American Idol".

Broadway_Baby Profile Photo
Broadway_Baby
#5re: TARZAN news- CAST!
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:36pm

*retrieves jaw from floor*

josh strickland = yummy

Honey, I don't produce theater. I am theater.

nomdeplume
#6TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:37pm

Don't mean a thing if it ain't got that zing...
Updated On: 9/24/05 at 05:37 PM

rclocalz Profile Photo
rclocalz
#7re: TARZAN news- CAST!
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:37pm

Wow, that's awesome. Maybe Tarzan doesn't demand a lot of acting talent, but more of an athletic talent.

http://www.glamsmash.com/ - Glamsmash Productions, a video production company in the heart of New York City

nomdeplume
#8TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:43pm

The Zingless Jungle

mygfdontliveincanada Profile Photo
mygfdontliveincanada
#9TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:49pm

That Tarzan can swing from my vine anytime TARZAN BLEW IT Just seeing that guy in a loin cloth will be worth the ticket price.

nomdeplume
#10TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 5:58pm

Some cock-eyed guy in a zoot suit made that decision.

blaxx Profile Photo
blaxx
#11TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 6:07pm

Mmmm, that guy is very good looking.... was he good ay singing, those who watch TV?

Listen, I don't take my clothes off for anyone, even if it is "artistic". - JANICE

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#12TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 6:09pm

And what season American Idol?

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

nomdeplume
#13TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 6:11pm

I'm tossing my mouse ears...

Updated On: 9/25/05 at 06:11 PM

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#14TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 6:12pm

Answered my own question...Season 2

Joshua Strickland, who does bear a resemblance to Ryan, sang well, but for his ticket to Hollywood, he had to promise Simon that he will not use Ryan as a role model and would move away from Ryan-esque styling. Seacrest came in to protest, but Joshua was physically moving further away by the second!
http://www.realitynewsonline.com/cgi-bin/ae.pl?article=article2691.art&page=1

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

Tenorific2
#15TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 6:13pm

I guess he also did Rent. I got this off a talent website.

Overall Talent Winner, AMTC 2003
Signed with Weismann/Brunson Mgt., NY
Josh has performed on "Star Search" and was a national finalist on American Idol.
Performed in national tour of "Rent".

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#16TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 6:14pm

mmmm... just mmmmmmmmmmm.... loincloth. *drools*...

nomdeplume
#17TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 6:16pm

Oy!

They picked the wrong goy!

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#18TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 6:29pm

Hate to break it to ya Wickedrocks, but the news about josh and jenn was broken back on Sept 13 when the Tarzan Sneak Peek happened...
Look for that thread.

WiCkEDrOcKS
#19TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 6:32pm

liotte: You runied my day. TARZAN BLEW IT Just kidding. I wanted to be the leaker of some juicy Bway info though! TARZAN BLEW IT

Random question: Who was the original Chad before Cheyenne took over?

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#20TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/24/05 at 7:12pm

Just curious, Nomdeplume...why do you say they "picked the wrong guy"? Saw Josh at the recent Tarzan event...he has a great pop voice, and he's easy on the eyes.

Jarrod Emick was originally slated to play Chad.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

nomdeplume
#21TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/25/05 at 12:07am

Dahlink...

I said goy!

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#22TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/25/05 at 1:09am

I Like the way La Chanze is lookin' at him.
Who know's more?
He was at Ashley Brown's Opening night for "BEAUTY"
Front Row.
What's the connection?
Besides Disney.
I'm sure we will hear a promo CD soon.
Marketing and Good Looks
Let's see if Disney can do for Josh
what ASU couldn't do for Cheyenne, (Very Talented)

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#23TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/25/05 at 1:18am

Hey may have been a finalist on American Idol...but he was never in the Top 30/32 that American could actually vote for.

LaCageAuxFollesFan2 Profile Photo
LaCageAuxFollesFan2
#24TARZAN BLEW IT
Posted: 9/25/05 at 1:25am

Well Josh certainly is HOT...but if he's anything like the character created all so long ago by Johnny Wiesmuller, thats all he need be (well, and able to sing since it is a Musical)!

But...my big disapointment is Jenn Gambatese as Jane! Ugh! I just find her sooooo boring on stage. Laura Bell Bundy did the readings and previous appearanes as Jane...why the hell would they have replaced her with Gambatese? I still dont get what was sooooo wrong with the Bundy/Morrison pairing. A no name and a boring broadway actress....eh, what am I bitching about - Im sure it will be another darling for Disney (although finacially, Im thinking more along the lines of BEAUTY/AIDA rather than LION KING!)