A Change In Me

wicked_mimi
#0A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:23am

Anyone know where I can find a recording of this song!?!? Thanks!

Racetrack Profile Photo
Racetrack
#1re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:37am

Susan Egan's album So Far is the only recording of A Change in Me to be made.

"The weight of this sad time we must obey, Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say. The oldest hath borne most; we that are young Shall never see so much, nor live so long"-Edgar in King Lear

Link Larkin Wanabe Profile Photo
Link Larkin Wanabe
#2re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:56am

On The Record doesn't have it?

Akiva

BroadwayKate
#3re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 2:12am

A Change in Me is also on the “On The Record” recording. Ashley Brown sings a beautiful rendition of it. Unfortunately it is a two disk set that is absolutely not worth the buy....

kate

say the word...and i just might listen...

thesparklingdiamond Profile Photo
thesparklingdiamond
#4re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 2:39am

plus, the version on "on the record" is shorter if I recall correctly. so yea, go with the egan one, its the only one out there and the song is gorgeous.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#5re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 2:56am

I think the song blows...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

LA2NYC
#6re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 9:29am

You can also google Toni Braxton. There is a recording of her doing the song live when she was in B&TB a few years back. In my opinion Toni is the only one who did that song justice. I mean it was written specifically for her when she went into B&TB anyway. Although Susan Egan does a nice job wiht it, it just doesnt sit in her voice as great. Hope you find it. Its awesome.

cathywellerstein Profile Photo
cathywellerstein
#7re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 12:14pm

i like the susan recording. i loved the way ashley sang it at broadway on broadway. i'd like a recording of that! she knows how to do that song justice.

silent
#8re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 12:33pm

Toni's live version is great. She performed it on Rosie's old talk show. Try www.toni-online.com for the audio.

justme2 Profile Photo
justme2
#9re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 12:41pm

aw gee...I thought people were talking about "A Change in Me" from the Best Little Whorehouse Goes Public show! Scott Holmes sounded fantastic singing it.

Too bad.

"My dreams, watching me said, one to the other...this life has let us down."

Di2
#10re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 12:53pm

I think I am the only one who doesn't like this song.

I played Belle so I had to sing this song for 8 months.

It just sits funny in my voice and I don't feel I did it justice...

I also felt that it dragged down the second act. I never really saw the point of it...

Just my thoughts...

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#11re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:07pm

Its funny you mention that Di2. There IS something about it that does kind of bring the second act down a notch. I can't quite put my finger on it as to WHY though. But as I remember, I seem to forget about that after the mob song picks up. It does seem a little odly placed. I do think it is a beautiful song, maybe just a little.....misplaced?

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

Di2
#12re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:18pm

I think it makes the Second Act come to a grinding halt. It doesn't help the story along at all..It purely was put in there to make Toni Braxton happy when, as far as I am concerned, simply portraying such a beloved Disney princess when she was clearly inappropriate for the role should have made her happy enough...

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#13re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:20pm

Well if I knew that the people that came to see the show, thought I sucked...I'd want a song specificaly written for me too..

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#14re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:21pm

Well acted and well sung, as it currently is with Ashley Brown, the song gives a more human dimension to the character of Belle. It nicely bookends "Home" from Act One. And without "A Change in Me," Belle has almost no singing in Act Two, so it also gives the actress playing her something to do.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

Di2
#15re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:22pm

ahahahahaha..Oh, I am laughing!

That was awesome...

Toni Braxton was terrible as Belle. What a ridiculous casting decison.

#16re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 1:58pm

"I would never say such cruel things to a cast member's face (or their computer) as I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.." - Di2

"Toni Braxton was terrible as Belle. What a ridiculous casting decison." - Di2

I assume this means you don't think Ms. Braxton has a computer.

JHartnow Profile Photo
JHartnow
#17re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 4:13pm

I'm currently in a regional production of this show. I think it depends on who is playing Belle and if she can be convincing enough to pull off A CHANGE IN ME. You have to believe that she's changed beyond just singing a song about it, and it starts from the moment she appears during "BELLE". Lets face it, some people who have played Belle haven't been at the top of their game, but I'm very proud to say that our Belle(s) are amazing and I enjoy hearing their renditions every night.

-John

Di2
#18re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 4:21pm

HI JOHN!!

I hope BATB is going GREAT for you...

Send some pictures. I would love to see them.

I just didn't like the song all that much. It is true that without it I (and other Belle's) would have barely sung a note in Act II. But it's still a song for a song's sake and I just didn't like that scene. I wanted Monsieur D'arque to just enter...

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#19re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 4:24pm

This is the song they added for Toni Braxton, right? Ironic that I like the song, be that the case!

A work of art is an invitation to love.

whatyouown223 Profile Photo
whatyouown223
#20re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 4:24pm

"I would never say such cruel things to a cast member's face (or their computer) as I wouldn't want to hurt their feelings.." - Di2

"Toni Braxton was terrible as Belle. What a ridiculous casting decison." - Di2

I assume this means you don't think Ms. Braxton has a computer.

Lol

JHartnow Profile Photo
JHartnow
#21re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 4:27pm

DI!

It's going well. B!tch of a show, just as you warned me. I'm gonna ask our Belle tonight how she feels about A CHANGE IN ME. For all I know, she could HATE it, too!!

Good luck with Millie. I think you would have a good time with that show. Shoot for Millie or Miss Dorothy.

XO,
John

Di2
#22re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 4:31pm

Millie callback is Tuesday...just had a 3rd call back for Hope in ANything Goes..

we'll see..

I told you, BATB is a tough one but, for the most part, I enjoyed it...

JHartnow Profile Photo
JHartnow
#23re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 4:34pm

Go, girl! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. Break legs...

XO,
John

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#24re: A Change In Me
Posted: 9/29/05 at 5:00pm

"A Change in Me" is one of my favorite songs to listen to and it ended up being my favorite song in the whole show, so I'm glad it's still incorporated as it helps to fill out the score, and as others have mentioned it gives Belle something to sing in act two... it may stop the second act in its tracks, but as long as the song is good things like that never bother me and I think it's a good song.

Videos