News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DivosThoughts

DivosThoughts Profile Photo
Member Name: DivosThoughts
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Next to Normal Movie Dream Cast?  Oct 21 2016, 01:08:40 PM

I am unsure about the acting, and but I think P!nk, would honestly slay the score. She has the grit, and the pain behind her voice to handle a lot of the songs, plus I would kill to hear her sing I Miss the Mountains. 

Chicago the Musical Appreciation Thread  Feb 9 2016, 10:38:52 AM

This may have been suggested before, but I am curious to hear if anyone else agrees if Jessie J needs to be in this production as Roxie, or even Velma. Anyone agree, disagree? I think she would sing the crap out of the score.

Britney Spears Musical  Jan 30 2016, 02:42:24 PM

I wonder if anybody remembered this or even knew about it, but whatever happened to the musical of Jesus Christ that was being told with Britney Spears songs? I think it was called The Gospel According to Britney. I found an article ob BuzzFeed about it, http://www.buzzfeed.com/hunterschwarz/the-musical-about-jesus-set-to-britney-spears-music-is-meant#.wtJNMY29NW

But, just a question for the fellow users on this board.

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...  Jan 21 2016, 10:20:09 PM

Dream World

Tracy - Unknown

Edna - James Corden (why has no one suggested him, he proved he can sing and he's hilarious)

Wilbur - Will Farrell?
Penny - Ariana Grande
Amber - Some Disney star
Link - Nick Jonas, Ryan McCartan
Velma - Jane Krakowski, Idina Menzel, or even Lady Gaga?
Corny - Neil Patrick Harris 
Motormouth - Jennifer Hudson
Prudy - Jackie Hoffmann

(Honestly, hate on me but some of these are stretches but all

Disney films that would make fantastic Broadway shows.  Jun 26 2015, 09:21:02 AM

Am I the only one who thinks Tangled would make a great Broadway Musical? I think the costumes and the sets would be great, and the scene "I See The Light" translated to stage would be visually beautiful. 
Also, I could see Taylor Louderman as Rapunzel.

THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL  Mar 30 2015, 04:30:10 PM
I am so excited and intrigued to see who they cast as what roles! Honestly, I feel like this will be NBC's best Live Musical yet (Also, this could be me being bias because The Wiz is one of my favorite musicals). I am just hoping Adrienne Warren will be part of this either in the live production or as Dorothy in the Broadway Revival, is she still young enough to play it? Just so excited! Also, does anyone else think Queen Latifah could be Evilene?

NBC To  Jan 18 2015, 08:35:35 PM
NBC, the correct choice out of The Music Man and The Wiz is obviously, The Wiz. It would be easier to cast, and they could bring more viewers than The Music Man.

Honestly, if people think Janelle Monae has a shot at playing the role as Dorothy in The Wiz on NBC has to drop that thought. Yes, she is a great singer and all, but she doesn't have the name behind her for people wanting to tune in. The young women who will be strongly considered for the role of Dorothy will most likely be Zen

Les Mis Replacements?  Nov 24 2014, 02:41:35 PM
I was wondering when are people some of the leads, such as Nikki M James, Caissie Levy, and Ramin Karimloo are depart the production, and if they are going to replace them with a known broadway-starlet. But, also if you had a choice who would you have to replace these now cast members.
What's next for Hedwig?  Oct 11 2014, 11:52:45 AM
I am unsure if this an odd or even stupid question, but what is going to happen to Hedwig after Michael C Hall departs? Will the show just close, or will they replace him with another name, or some intriguing who fits the role? Like, I would love to see Jinx Monsoon take over the role to make his B'Way Debut. Or, even see someone new take on the role of Yitzhak?

Just a little curious.

New Fairy Godmother in Cinderella?  Jul 24 2014, 11:46:52 PM
Well, can any body think of celebrities who would be pretty good as these roles? I think Kelly Clarkson, could possibly pull off The Fairy Godmother. Anybody else think so? Or is she a tad to young? Also, Anna Kendrick, once again playing the named role of Cinderella? Just shooting out some names.
New Fairy Godmother in Cinderella?  Jul 24 2014, 09:36:37 PM
WickedRocks,
I don't think it is a mistake, maybe if it was only one website. But, three websites are reporting that they have auditioned for the role. Is it possibly they all made this mistake? Yes, but I highly doubt that is the case.

What I don't understand is, if you are going to cast a celebrity in a role, can you at least cast someone who is fit for the role and has some shred of talent?

New Fairy Godmother in Cinderella?  Jul 24 2014, 09:03:06 PM
Has anybody seen this, or even know if it is true or not? Apparently, NeNe Leakes, from The Real Housewives of Atlanta and Ex Co-Host of The View, Sherri Sheppard, have both auditioned for the role of Cinderella's Fairy Godmother in Cinderella on The Great White Way. Honestly, can either of them really sing? Or is this another stunt casting idea from the producers to help the show last longer?
Next year: 40th Anniversary of THE WIZ  Jul 17 2014, 02:30:27 AM
Broadwayguy2,
Just imagining her belt out that song makes me cry. I envy you.

Next year: 40th Anniversary of THE WIZ  Jul 16 2014, 11:02:12 PM
Why not Adrienne Warren as Dorothy? I think she would be marvelous, and she also looks younger. Plus, she would sing the crap out of Home.
Shows In Need of A Revival  Jul 11 2014, 04:25:41 PM
• The Wiz, and Adrienne Warren needs to star as Dorothy. (Also bring back Jousha Henry and James Monroe Iglehart as Tinman and Lion)

• Dreamgirls

• The Who's Tommy

• The Wild Party, (Lippas)

• Dogfight

• Into The Woods

Clueless Coming To Broadway?  Jul 11 2014, 04:09:23 PM
If y'all could dream cast these roles, who would you pick? I am very interested to see who a lot of you have in mind for these roles!
Grade the 2014 Tony performances  Jun 10 2014, 03:51:57 PM
AFTER MIDNIGHT, B+. I thought they did a very good job, thought Fantasia, Patti, and Gladys sounded great. The costumes looked very flashy and fun, great choreography. But, I was felt wanting a little bit more.

ALADDIN, B-/C. Everyone I knew who saw it said it was one of Disney's best, like close to Beauty and The Beast and The Lion King standards. But, when they preformed it was like meh. The was good, but not like "Wow!" like everyone has been telling me. I thought James Monroe Ig

Musicals that could be animated...  Jan 3 2014, 11:36:17 AM
I think,
The Drowsy Chaperone, Xanadu, Young Frankenstein and if wasn't so painful to sit through Wonderland could be pretty good if it was animated also.

BROADWAY SECRETS: Wherein we confess our controversial opinions  Jan 2 2014, 07:07:40 PM
Let the Judging Commence!

-I hated almost everything about Newsies, besides the dancing. Besides that, thought it was dull.

-I find Matilda boring and don't understand the hype that it gets.

-Dislike Phantom of the Opera a great deal.

-I think Jesus Christ Superstar is one of best if not, the best Webber show.

- LOVED Bring It On, felt like I was the only one who thought The Best Musical nom was deserving.

-Billy Porter deserved

Dream cast your favorite performers!  Jan 2 2014, 02:50:33 PM
Sierra Boggess as The Baker's Wife in "Into the Woods" and Kate in "Kiss Me, Kate"
Megan Hilty as Lois Lane in "Kiss Me, Kate"
Brian D'Arcy James as The Baker in "Into The Woods"
Annaliegh Ashford as Gertrude McFuzz in "Seussical" and Charity Hope Valentine in "Sweet Charity"
Laura Osnes as Millie Dumont in "Thoroughly Modern Millie"
Carolee Carmelo as Mother Abbess in "The Sound of Music"
Jeremy Jordan as Roger in "Rent"
Jennifer Damiano as Eponine in "Les Mis

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You