News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mbruth

mbruth Profile Photo
Member Name: mbruth
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Beetlejuice Broadway Casting?
 Feb 1 2019, 03:28:41 PM

Personally I wish they replaced Sophia Anne Caruso.  Her voice made me want to poke my eardrums out.

HEAD OVER HEELS Reviews
 Sep 7 2018, 08:22:22 AM

Thanks for the tip.  I'm a bit bummed because i love sitting front row balcony.  Hopefully we can get something just as good.  My husband, who can rant for hours against jukebox musicals, requested these tickets for his birthday.  Just glad it hasn't closed.

HEAD OVER HEELS Reviews
 Sep 6 2018, 10:42:39 AM

robskynyc said: "The entire balcony was closed. and the dress circle was 50% full."

Uh-oh.  I have tickets for first row balcony on Saturday...

Songs about suicide
 Nov 17 2016, 02:56:07 PM

"Whoever You Are (I Love You)" from Promises, Promises

Songs That Won Their Performers Tonys
 Jun 22 2015, 11:53:14 AM

"Great Big Stuff" - Norbert in Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Funny male/male duets?
 Jun 18 2015, 10:32:49 AM

It would be fun to hear the "Therapy" song from "Tick, Tick..Boom" with two guys.  Definitely energetic.

Molasses to Rum (1776): why?
 May 4 2015, 08:06:35 AM

I'd just like to say that this thread makes me very happy.  It's nice to have a discussion about a show that isn't just gossip and backbiting.  I love "1776" and I appreciate all the insight provided by earlier posters.  I think I'll listen to it while I work this morning!

The Kristin/Kelli/Chita competition...
 Apr 30 2015, 08:43:20 AM

The people who give these awards for both stage and screen have a clear bias toward performances that are impersonations of actual people.  Last year we had wins for impersonations of Carole King, Billie Holiday, and LBJ.  This year we are guaranteed a Tony for an impersonation of Queen Elizabeth in the Play category.

Last year I was so excited for a showdown between Kelli O'Hara, Sutton Foster, and Idina Menzel - what a trio of stars!  But they all lost to an i

Raúl Esparza and Katie Finneran
 Apr 20 2015, 12:03:26 PM

As we enter nominations season, I find myself getting increasingly cranky about 'Something Rotten!'.  The show was extremely mediocre.  The music sounded like it had been written by a computer program.  Every song was pitched at the same intensity, and the actors just were spewing out lines as quickly as possible to keep the energy from just running out.  The humor was redundant and childish.  And then there was Act 2, which made almost no sense, and didn't even try.&

Any news of a Visit cast recording?
 Apr 17 2015, 12:52:35 PM

Any word on a 'Hamilton' cast recording?  Will they fit it in before opening on Broadway?

Side Show Closing
 Mar 3 2015, 08:20:46 AM
We recently got the new cast recording for the revival and I was quite surprised to see it labeled "Original 2014 Broadway Cast Recording". Yeah, there were some updates, but to use the word "original" seems a little bit tricky.
Will HEATHERS Take The Neil Simon?
 Jan 7 2015, 03:15:37 PM
I enjoyed the off-Broadway performance - not nearly as much as I ADORE the movie - but I would say the set design was the worst part. It was drab, cheap, and served no function for the story. If indeed the show does go to Broadway, it would be nice to see the set completely redesigned.
Jackie Hoffman in Once Upon A Mattress!
 Jan 7 2015, 09:40:29 AM
I love Jackie Hoffman, but isn't she way too old for this role?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You