News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for theatrenut2

theatrenut2 Profile Photo
Member Name: theatrenut2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Rent Review (Spoilers)
 Sep 25 2008, 11:56:55 AM
It was a fun show to watch, and I highly rec. going to see it, especially if you have seen it live. I am a big Will Chase fan, but I was not impressed last night. I saw him as Roger live before, and he was fantastic, but I felt that he was off in the filmed performance. It seemed to me that he was just doing the show, and he was bored. I agree that I did not feel a connection between Mark and Roger.

I almost wish that they would have just set up the camera in the fifth row and

Hunchback of Notre Dame
 Sep 24 2008, 02:06:06 PM
I have rumors that Hunchback of Notre Dame may be coming to Broadway. Is that true? Thanks
re: Favorite Overtures
 Sep 18 2008, 01:53:13 PM
Phantom
Tommy

re: Rent Has Officially Closed
 Sep 8 2008, 01:49:59 PM
It is funny; I have seen the show so many times, and I was fine with the show closing, but while I am reading, I am actually sad that it closed. Thank you Rent!
re: NY Times: As Rent Closes, A Look Back
 Sep 5 2008, 01:26:34 PM
Thank you for the link. It was amazing.
re: What's the most number of times you've seen one show?
 Aug 29 2008, 01:36:05 PM
Cats-10
Les Miz-18
Phantom-11
Wicked-7

re: Is Jersey Boys good?
 Aug 27 2008, 01:47:12 PM
I really liked it. I saw it with the original cast, and I did not want to go. I was very surprised by how many songs I knew and the energy of the show. I think that you will enjoy the experience.
re: final Rent performance being filmed?
 Aug 27 2008, 01:43:35 PM
I just bought tickets in Fort Lauderdale, FL and they were $20.00, too. I don't think it is just New York.
re: is 36 years old too late
 Jul 28 2008, 04:52:23 PM
Give it a shot. I have friends that did not start until their 30's, and it is going great.
re: How the BLONDE casting plays out (aka: the also-rans who also got cast)
 Jul 23 2008, 12:06:52 PM
I only saw the last four episodes of the show, and I agree that Bailey is the more Elle. I don't think that she is the most talented person, but I do think she will be the best Elle. It will be interesting to see if she can sell tickets to this show.
re: Phantom to Close On Broadway
 Jul 17 2008, 12:15:41 PM
I loved the title for the thread. It does catch your attention.
re: Tale of Two Cities
 Jul 7 2008, 03:57:24 PM
Thank you all so much for the information. Ashley--You Rock! I am going New York in December, and I was wondering if I should get tickets. I shall based on what you said. Thanks!
Tale of Two Cities
 Jul 3 2008, 10:40:18 AM
Does anybody know anything about this musical? Thanks in advance.
Patti Lupone
 Jun 5 2008, 11:52:01 AM
After reading so many of your threads, I really would like to see Patti in Gypsy. I am going to be in New York in December. Does anyone know how long she is scheduled to be in it?
re: Behind the Emerald Curtain...
 Jun 26 2007, 05:30:37 PM
I did the "tour" a while back with Sean and Anthony. I liked it, but I would not do it again, either. I live in South Florida; so for me it was neat to see the theatre "empty" and see the stage. The best reason to do it is the ability to really talk to whomever is leading the "tour" and find out stories and such. If you're a big fan of the show, then it is worth it once. Just be prepared for NO tour.
re: Disney's Next Show
 Jun 23 2007, 05:12:06 PM
If Disney had the guts, it would bring the German version of Hunchback to Broadway, but I think that they are scared. They have pulled a majority of Hunchback entertainment from the parks.
re: Lion King or Mary Poppins?
 Jun 21 2007, 06:24:51 PM
Mary Poppins still has the original leads, which I think is always a plus. LK is amazing, but MP at the New Amsterdam is a great site. Great sets in MP.
re: Anyone Else Think Tarzan Should Be Booted Before Beauty?
 Jun 15 2007, 04:56:59 PM
The thing about Disney is that Disney Theatrical was never intended to be a cash cow. To them, it is just another market to hit. The Tower of Terror in Disney/MGM Studios costs three times as much as the original Beauty and the Beast at the Palace Theatre. Tarzan had much opposition within Disney Theatrical. Many wanted to not open it because of the Mary Poppins transfer and Little Mermaid. It would have been nice to refurbish BB, but Disney is not big on scale down and then rebuild, even in
re: Anyone Else Think Tarzan Should Be Booted Before Beauty?
 Jun 14 2007, 10:24:21 PM
I agree that Beauty is a better show. There is no reason to close it. It has paid for itself, and tourists still fill it. Tarzan is truly insulting, but I must agree that I would hate to see Little Mermaid at the Richard Rogers.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You