News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Nagrom5280

Nagrom5280 Profile Photo
Member Name: Nagrom5280
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Bares Help
 Jun 2 2017, 08:16:31 PM

I will be in town and want to attend Broadway Bares with a friend. I am looking at the mezzanine seats but they say general admission. Does anyone know if they are assigned seats or if it truly is first come first seat? Any other recommendations on where to sit (other than standing on the floor or any other thousand dollar tickets? Thank you in advance

2014-2015 Announced National Tours Seasons
 Feb 3 2014, 05:45:15 PM
Cincinnati:
Dirty Dancing - 9/23-10/05
Once - 11/11-11/23
Elf - Season Extra - 12/2-12/7
Cinderella - 1/6-1/18
Anything Goes - Season Extra - 2/17-2/22
The Lion King - 3/31-4/26
I Love Lucy - 6/2-6/14

Does anyone have inside information on how cities within BAA select the shows to present? I have to believe it all comes down to money. Cincinnati used to be a first run city when it came to national tours but now it seems as if, well, we are not. I am very curi

Love Never Dies DVD ?
 Jan 28 2012, 09:36:00 AM
i will just wait until May then to get the DVD that is region free. Thanks for the information...
Love Never Dies DVD ?
 Jan 28 2012, 08:32:03 AM
Does anyone know if the Love Never Dies DVD that will be released in May is viewable with US equipment? I remember reading that some DVDs are not supported by the equipment in the states only in the UK i.e. determined by regions or whatever. Any help is appreciated. thanks
London La Cage Recording?
 Jul 5 2009, 06:58:24 AM
Is there a recording of the most recent London La Cage?
re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
 Jun 15 2008, 11:14:50 PM
Agreed, One of the best Tonys in my memory and I have been watching them for longer than Rent has been on Broadway! Kudos to Whoopi and the producers of the telecast.
re: Rate Whoopi!!!!!
 Jun 15 2008, 11:13:57 PM
Agreed, One of the best Tonys in my memory and I have been watching them for longer than Rent has been on Broadway! Kudos to Whoopi and the producers of the telecast.
re: The 62nd Tony Awards Megathread
 Jun 15 2008, 07:15:19 PM
Seriously, can they get a new set? This is not starting off very well.
broadway concert airing tonight
 Jun 7 2008, 04:43:10 PM
Does anyone know if this is being webcast anywhere? It does not seem to be airing anywhere in Cincinnati at all and I was hoping to catch it. Thanks so much
re: Broadway in Cincinnati
 May 7 2008, 07:49:06 PM
I am not sure if management changed or what, but I am actually a tad bit embarressed for the season. I am using this strictly as an example, but in years past it would be unheard of for a show to hit Dayton before Cincinnati. On average, it would take a show an addition 2 years before in went to Dayton. This year, No Legally Blonde, but it is on the schedule for the current season with Broadway in Dayton. Shame.
Broadway in Cincinnati
 May 7 2008, 07:13:13 PM
http://www.broadwayacrossamerica.com/Cincinnati

I have been a loyal supporter of the Cincinnati seasons for years past. There have been some bad years and there have been some great years. I am very disappointed in this years offerings. I heard somewhere that from a subscription perspective, Cincinnati was very high in terms of people subscribing. That enabled us to be very early in the runs of most tours. But it appears that has ended. The way tours are running now a days, by the time Avenue Q gets here, it will be non-equity. And Cirque, don't get me wrong, but I am not in Vegas. Where is Legally Blonde? Where is Spring Awakening? I am very disappointed in this year.

Color Purple Tour Cast
 Mar 10 2008, 09:17:07 PM
Evening,

I was curious if anyonw knew if/when the leads are leaving the CP tour. It is coming to Cincinnati in about a month and I really want to see Jeanette, Sofia, and Michelle just to name a few. I know it just left LA after a fairly long run and do not expect them to be in the show much longer.

Any info would be appreciated.

re: Opening Night Tickets
 Jan 31 2008, 06:05:48 AM
Thanks to Cape and everyone after for your help. I am going to go for it, and plan on getting tickets and see what happens.

Thanks

Opening Night Tickets
 Jan 30 2008, 07:09:51 PM
*Warning - I searched and found nothing*

Now, I will be in New York during the week when a show is scheduled to open. I happen to be there for business when Patti opens in Gypsy.

1 - What is the chance of me getting one opening night ticket?
2 - How would I go about it?
3 - Is it worth going and watching for stars if I can not get it?

Any thoughts, opinions, suggestions would be great. Going to a broadway show is part of my "bucket" so I was hoping to figure o

re: NY Hairspray Screening Disaster
 Jul 16 2007, 10:28:32 PM
I just returned tonight from the screening in Cincinnati. I had the evite print out and there was alot of back and forth about if they were going to accept it or not. The staff at the AMC at the Newport on the Levee were supurb and very upfront. They informed me that there were talks that the printed out copies were not valid and they would not be accepted. Then the manager made a few phone calls nad came back and told me to go ahead and get in line, that he thinks there would be no problem. So
re: Mamma Mia in Cincinnati
 May 28 2007, 09:23:57 AM
Sophie and Sky do walk through the set of towards the moon that is just a projection. But I did not think that the modified sets made that much of a change. And specific standouts included Noon as Sophie, Krill as Sam, and I did like the Donna and Tanya alot!
Mamma Mia in Cincinnati
 May 27 2007, 07:12:43 PM
Good evening,

I just felt the need to post how surprised and happy and impressed I was with this tour. All of the leads were in fantastic form and the energy was fantastic. Forgot how much of the music is canned, which is always a disappointment to me, but I was very entertained. After seeing the tour of Lion King that was just recently here, and commenting to everyone I saw how 'lazy' I thought that tour was, this was a nice light fun and very tight show. I highly suggest you catch it

Hotel/Hostel NYC
 Apr 19 2007, 05:26:26 PM
So my company is sending me to NYC for a night, and I would like to stick around for a few days but on a very tight budget. Anyone have any places to stay that are cheap yet safe. I have done searches but who else better than you all to help me out.

other than business my purpose will be to see shows. So keeping that in mind, with a budget of 70.00 to 100.00...anyone recommend anything?

Thanks in advance.

re: Broadway Shows that Transfer from Regional
 Feb 18 2007, 06:35:33 PM
Awesome.

Thanks so much for the info.

Broadway Shows that Transfer from Regional
 Feb 18 2007, 08:54:37 AM
Good morning,

rare post from me, but I have a question. I am reading in the newspaper today and saw that the Company Cast Recording comes out Tuesday. What is the relationship between the producers of this (or any) show that opens in a regional theatre (Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park in the case of Company)and does the Playhouse receive any money on an on-going basis from the profits of the show on Broadway? Or do they "buy" up-front the space and such from the regional theatre and o

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You