News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sciencegirl

Member Name: sciencegirl
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New World Stages - No Student Rush?
 Nov 27 2022, 03:21:30 PM

Hello hive - Was looking to recommend a show at New World Stages for friend's college aged son.  Don't see any reference to student rush on their website.  Have they discontinued it? 

Selling one ticket for Moulin Rouge tonight $55
 Aug 22 2022, 04:36:41 PM

Did you see these tickets before you sold them?  Wondering about where these Satine Seats are located.....

Music Man Rush Line.
 Feb 16 2022, 08:35:20 AM

Here, too.

Got here at 7:30 (not as bright eyed and bushy tailed as the guy at the front). Was 7th in line, but w two people joining their friends, I'm now 9th.  Should be in the first dozen getting tix. 

At 8:30 there's about 10 ppl behind me now. If you're thinking of rushing, today looks like a good day to do it!

Edit-

8:45 am - Desperately need coffee. Losing feeling in my toes.

9am - 20-25 ppl behind me. 

is anyone winning hadestown or moulin rouge lottery tix
 Jan 13 2022, 08:58:45 PM

After entering forever, won both in the past week.  (it's been a good week, lol)

Moulin tix for Sat Jan 8 were in the right mezzanine row L, seats 4 &  6  (did win Moulin last week of December, but the show was cancelled - dunno what those seats were)

Hadestown was on Monday - seats were f***ing fantastic - orchestra right, row J seats 6 & 8.  

Didn't get the Moulin Rougue tickets until I showed up at the box office (never got the

Hadestown Understudies
 Jan 10 2022, 07:25:51 PM

Anyone know if Reeve Carney was in / out this weekend?  Saw the show with his understudy and loved it, but really want to catch him in it and may go tomorrow......just checking my odds here, lol.

West Side Story Rush/Lottery Updates
 Mar 5 2020, 10:06:59 AM

Frantic2 said: "You made the right call, WSS like 1000% better than Six. ? Don't shoot me Six fans, it's just personal preference. WSS is epic and brilliant. The music is breathtaking.
PS our box seats were great, you miss a little but the design of the production doesn't intend that you see everything no matter where your seat is. So much happening on stage you can't possibly take it all in. Loved Isaac (Tony) omg his voice. ❣️❣️❣️

I am sooooooo

Six Rush or Lottery News
 Mar 5 2020, 09:52:13 AM

djoko84 said: "Don't forget Wednesday is a two-show day which is why there were a lot of people by 810a.

I can't get to shows early or when the box office opens so I have to cross my fingers later in the day. I got there at 3p yesterday and of course they didn't any rush. They said come back for standing room closer to the show. They're $45 each. I didn't come back, but I just wanted people on here to know.
"

Weds. is not a two show day

West Side Story Rush/Lottery Updates
 Mar 4 2020, 08:57:17 AM
Woohoo. After ditching 24th in line at Six, I am currently first in line for rush at West Side Story.

Sooooo lonely....so very lonely.
I need a hug.
And coffee.

Six Rush or Lottery News
 Mar 4 2020, 08:26:01 AM
Must be the good weather today.....Currently, 20th on line. Got here at 8:10🙄
KING KONG - Previews
 Oct 5 2018, 11:13:12 AM
Surprised it's sold out online
Probably too soon, but was thinking of trying for Rush tix at the box office. If anyone going to the BO today? Rush reports?

Diversity
 Jun 12 2018, 12:38:36 PM

LizzieCurry said: "I don't think it's always cost, though that's a huge factor. It's also — did you go to shows with your family? Has anyone in your family even been to live theatre? You need someone to introduce you to it. For a lot of white Americans, their grandparents regularly went to shows or took them to one. For others? Not so much. Many of my Gen X/millennial Asian American friends have no family history of going to the theatre."

I

Diversity
 Jun 11 2018, 12:00:15 PM

Watching a lot of interviews celebrating how broadway is celebrating diversity.  Some of last nights speeches really got me in the feels....

But - as a latina woman, every time I go to see a show, I am struck by how little diversity is reflected in the audience.  There are times I actually count how many other latinos or people of color are in the audience with me.  I can usually count us on one hand. Is the diversity shift on stage going to result in a shift in the audi

Stage Dooring
 May 20 2018, 11:17:27 AM
Did stage door last night for BITB. All but Parsons came out.

Sometimes you can ask the security guys what to expect before the actors come out. The staff at the Booth was wonderful. Told us who would take pics and who would only sign which helps to avoid the awkward momemts of askeding and getting a no, or worst, ignored. Quinto doesn't do selfies- oh but Randells and Bomer were extrodinarily nice and seemed genuinely happy to do them.

Im guessing Parsons didn't come out due

Boys in the Band Rush
 May 19 2018, 06:45:07 PM
Arrived at box office at 4:30 and got SRO. Happy to see Parsons is back. Super excited!!
DEH tickets?
 Apr 17 2018, 12:02:16 PM

I was at the box office last week to find out when the next block of tickets was going up.  Out of curiosity, I asked about the box seats and was told they occasionally have box seats available at the last minute. 

Box seats may be a great option for you and your brother.  They are the cheapest seats in the house (the hive here will correct me if I'm wrong - but I believe they are $89). I'm not sure where on the spectrum your brother falls, but I've found box

Where is the SUMMER Previews Thread?
 Apr 16 2018, 08:54:47 AM

Oh my lord...they are performing on the Today Show right now as I type.....

Angels in America rush reports
 Mar 6 2018, 11:07:26 AM

Mine were not labelled partial view and I was seated 2 rows behind you in 18 and 20, on the same night! LOL  Probably in the exact same eye line.  

ANGELS IN AMERICA (2018) Previews
 Mar 5 2018, 09:56:05 AM

Odd question of the day:. During part one the snow they use is a solid (paper or plastic) . It was very effective.

But in part 2 they switch to a foam snow. I've used this snow before an it's supposed to not leave a residue and looks great. But they used so much of it and there is little time to allow it to "melt" that Harper slipped on it at one point. Also noticed a few of the angel puppeteers were stealthily ( well not really as I noticed them) wiping up t

Angels in America rush reports
 Mar 5 2018, 09:44:11 AM

Won the lottery for this past Friday and Saturdays shows. Row F, seats 18&20. Missed a few things with Garfield's character that happen extreme stage left - so if you rush the show, it's better to get stage right/theater left. Luckily we moved four seats over at the first intermission and used those same seats at part 2.  Amazing performances and I'd go again - which says a lot for a 7 hour experience.

FYI-entered the lottery two weeks ago, got the "standb

Harry Potter access code?
 Feb 7 2018, 01:36:10 PM

got a 1pm code I'm not using.  Not much left, unless you're looking for single seats....PM me if you want the code!

SORRY - CODE IS CLAIMED....and my inbox is flooded...lol

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You