News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for SnoopyQc

SnoopyQc Profile Photo
Member Name: SnoopyQc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Cinderella National Tour
 Mar 16 2017, 11:48:53 AM

I saw it past October. I had some apprehension because it was a non-equity tour, but I was finally really satisfied. As far as I can tell (from the promotional material), the set and the costume are identical to the equity tour. The lead cast are good. They cast actors who sound a little like Laura Osnes and Santino Fontana. Leslie Jackson, who played Maria (godmother) really stole the show, even though she is quite young for the role. Her version of «There is music in you» is amazing (Here is a link of her singing in Ragtime non-equity tour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9zvVUrO560).  

I saw the production in the beginning, so I guess the production might have improved. The actress who played Cinderella was not the best dancer. And most of the joke said by the stepmother sound flat. Most of them didn’t receive laugh at all.  Nevertheless, my sister and I have a great night.

The 50 best Broadway songs ever?
 Dec 7 2016, 11:22:59 AM

Good list. But I would add "Who I'd be" from Shrek. 

Future of PHANTOM's 30th Anniversary Production Uncertain Following Theater Fire
 Sep 25 2016, 09:52:40 PM

Tag said: "Wonder what they mean when it says the "theatre floor" was damaged.  Meaning the stage?  House floor?  Lobby floor?"

In this french newspaper (http://www.lefigaro.fr/theatre/2016/09/25/03003-20160925ARTFIG00059-incendie-d-origine-inconnue-au-theatre-mogador.php), they use the terms «plancher de la scène» which literally translates as “floor of the stage" or "stage floor". 

Musicals for a Non-English Speaker
 Jul 31 2016, 10:32:32 AM

Every musical based on a movie that your relative have already seen can be a good choice (Lion King, Aladdin, School of Rock).I was myself a non-English speaker when I fall in love with musical theater.

I was 13 and I listened Les Misérables (TAC). I didn't understand most of the lyrics, but the music was so powerful that I got most of it (and a basic knowledge of the story help a little). The next year, I was listening The Phantom of the Opera and Miss S

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 28 2016, 03:30:55 PM

At this point in her career Laura Osnes' wouldn't settle in playing a secondary role  such as "Ellen" in "Miss Saigon", nor would any other "name" actress with a similar trajectory.

I know that the role is too small for Laura Osnes. I meant someone like Laura Osnes (nice girl, Disney princess type). Alison Luff could be a great choice.

Miss Saigon 2017
 Jun 28 2016, 02:21:16 PM

I think that the problem with Ellen is maybe not the song but the typecast. Ellen as less character development than Kim. So maybe, we need a actress that people will love as first sight.

Don't get me wrong, I really like actress/singer like Claire Moore, Ruthie Henshall and Kerry Ellis. But I would like to see the role played by someone like Laura Osnes. Altought, maybe her voice will be too similar as Kim in "I still believe" duet.

Historical people/moments you want to see in a musical
 Jun 23 2016, 12:04:56 PM

And thinking a bit more out of the box, has there ever been a musical about a person behind one of the big scientific discoveries?

I'd love to see a musical about Alexander Graham Bell (inventor of the telephone) with the participation of Deaf West. Alexander Bell has deep connection with the deaf community.

In "Submission Only" (the web serie), there was a musical about Thomas Edison. I know it's was a fictional musical, but it would be fun t

Actors who commute
 Jun 14 2016, 04:14:50 PM

It's a chosen lifestyle. When you've have a wife/husband and/or children, it's can be difficult to move in NYC for a role (change school, workplace, etc). And you don't always know when the show will close.

I commuted 1:45-2 hours when I go to University. It's a lot easier when you can read/sleep in public transportation. And I know people who drive more than 2 hours to go to work (not theater related). Some people can afford to live in the city and o

What categories would you like to see added to the TONYS?
 May 6 2016, 12:08:53 PM

I like to see best orchestra/conductor. You could have the best score and the best orchestration in the world, but you also need a good conductor and good musicians. The beauty of live theatre is also to have live musicians. It's a shame that they don't have any recognition except for 10 seconds of applause at the end of the show.

HAIRSPRAY LIVE! will have live audience and new songs!
 Apr 26 2016, 06:36:56 PM

I can see a new short song for Prudy Pingleton (especially if they cast Jackie Hoffman). That could be fun. Beside that, I don't think that the others characters need new song neither for the story or the character development.

Would Europe and Australia really care for Hamilton
 Apr 7 2016, 02:07:28 PM

As your friend in Canada, I've never heard of Hamilton, Burr, Mulligan, etc. before Lin Manuel Miranda sing the opening number at the White House (back in 2009). But as a history lover, I take it as a great opportunity to learn about american history. There are many people who like to learn about other countries's culture or history. It is why historical movie are popular worldwide.

The bigger obstacle might be the language. I don't think that a translation could b

How many people on these boards work in theatre?
 Mar 22 2016, 10:29:11 AM

Like PThespian, my job isn't directly related to theater. I am a speech and language pathologist. So theatre is my principal hobby. But as a SLP, I am often concern about actor and singer voice. I can detect bad voice and singing behaviors. And I can also hear the first signs of voice disorders (before most people). Unfortunately, that can spoiled my enjoyment.

In the near future, I want to do a musical with people with speech and language disabilities (stuttering, aphasia, etc.).<

Should a Reviewer for the NYT have some theatre background?
 Mar 21 2016, 03:02:13 PM

Marcel Pagnol (the man behind Fanny, The Baker's wife) has write a very good essay on this matter called "Critique on Critics" (Critique des Critiques). I don't know if it was ever translate in English but it's a must read for those of you who understand french.  

Wicked passes $1 Billion-What Does it have in Common with Phantom and Lion
 Mar 16 2016, 12:19:48 PM

Americans have a hard time understanding that being bilingual is common in the rest of the world. So even though you hear foreign tourists speaking foreign languages during intermission at these shows, it does not mean that they can't understand the English on stage.  

Yes bilingual is commun in the rest of the world. However, some shows are easier to understand than others. English is my second language. I remember seeing Broadway tour in my hometown when I

Calling out to all Canadian Hamilton fans
 Mar 12 2016, 08:52:20 PM

Not yet. I wish I could, but with the exchange rate, it's just too expansive. But I spread the word in hope that, one day, there will be enough fans for the tour to stop in Montreal (or at least Ottawa).

Hairspray Live! DREAMCASTS
 Feb 26 2016, 05:22:03 PM

I would like to see Jack Black as Edna. I wonder what he can do with this role.

Comic princess song
 Feb 13 2016, 10:52:56 PM

"Call Me A Princess", a cut song from Aladdin. It's a cut song from the movie when Jasmine was supposed to be a spoiled brat. It's was also cut from the musical in Toronto. In the musical, Jasmine was pretending to be a diva to scare off potential suitors.

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway
 Feb 9 2016, 07:19:00 PM

One way to do that would be amazing  would be to present the musical in a theatre made of ice.  There is already ice hotel in nordique country and it was the inspiration of Elsa's castle. Imagine the light design. But it probably impossible (actor's voices, instruments) or really expansive.

Good plays for high schools?
 Jun 16 2015, 12:54:19 PM

You can also to perform a foreign play. Moliere is always a must. I really like "The Bourgeois Gentleman" and "The Imaginary Invalid". I know that there is some good english translation available (and royalty-free).

KeKe Palmer Joins
 May 29 2015, 12:19:46 AM

Good for her. Although, I would have loved to see her as Sandy. Do you know if a black actress have ever played this role before?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You