News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for minicko88

Member Name: minicko88
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Show Advice - 11/1-11/4
 Aug 9 2022, 08:38:29 PM

I am coming to NYC to see a few shows in November. I already have tickets to A Man of No Importance and Parade. I am able to see two more shows and cannot decide between the following: 1776, Kimberly Akimbo, A Strange Loop, and/or & Juliet. I love 1776 and Carolee Carmelo, but I am hesitant on this non-traditional production. I am a fan of Jeanine Tesori and David Linsday Abaire, but I know nothing about this show. A Strange Loop is a critically acclaimed show, but it doesn't seem to

Favorite 11 o'clock number? (showstopper)
 Oct 12 2019, 11:16:42 PM
It All Fades Away - Bridges of Madison County

Anastacia - 100th Anniversary
 Jul 18 2018, 01:22:51 PM
I would also like to point out. The musical never claims that Anastasia survives. It is merely a rumor. The story is more about Anya. At the end of the show, you are left not knowing whether Anya was the real Anastasia. It is left as a mystery. I do not think it takes away from the fact that we now know the truth. The characters, in that moment in time, wouldn't have known the truth as we do now.
Show Help!!!
 May 24 2018, 04:26:47 PM

I will be in New York on Labor Day weekend, and I am going to catch a few shows. I am planning to see Pretty Woman on Saturday night, but I could be persuaded to see something else. For Saturday matinee, I am debating on Mean Girls or Once on this Island. Of these three shows, which two would you recommend? I love Andy Karl and Samantha Barks. I also really enjoy the music of Bryan Adams. I love Lynn and Flaherety's score to Once on this Island, but I not sure how good the show is. I thin

Pretty Woman Discount Code?
 Apr 9 2018, 12:07:35 PM

Anyone aware of a discount code for the upcoming Broadway production? I am coming to NYC for Labor Day, and I want to take my friend, who loves the movie, to see this. Just wondering if anyone knew of a coupon code or something to get cheaper ticket prices. 

2018 - 2019 Touring Season
 Mar 21 2018, 01:25:12 PM

Can anyone in the Houston area explain to me this upcoming season? In previous years, shows came for 2 weeks or more. Now, most of the shows are only 1 week engagements. In my experience, Houston has always done well selling tickets and providing great shows. Does anybody have an insight as to why we are now switching to one week engagements? 

Mar 14 2018, 11:14:00 AM

Houston Broadway Across America

September 25-30 - Les Miserables

November 7-18 - The Phantom of the Opera

January 15-20 - Book of Mormon

January 29- Feb 3 - Waitress

March 5-10 - Anastasia

March 26-31 - The Play that Goes Wrong

May 7-12 - Miss Saigon

June 26-July 14 - Aladdin

August 6-11 - Rent

Mar 7 2018, 11:15:55 AM

Has anyone heard when Houston is going to announce? I am starting to get frustrated. 

Can you rate the disney musicals against each other?
 Feb 26 2018, 01:18:28 PM

If we were only rating the first 10 minutes of the show, I'd have Tarzan as #1. The first 10 minutes of that show took my breath away. After that, it become mediocre. I agree that Beauty and the Beast would probably be #1 overall, because it has originality and is an improvement on the movie (in my opinion). Lion King was beautifully done and the best crafted of all of these musicals. The Little Mermaid was horrendous, with the exception of Norm Lewis. Every other Disney production, other

Show Help 11/30/17-12/3/17
 Sep 4 2017, 11:05:43 PM

Sorry for another show help question, but I can't decide what my 5th show should be. My fiance has chosen Hamilton and Phantom of the Opera, so I told her I would take her to those. I have tickets to Dear Evan Hansen and Anastasia. I am interested in five shows for the last show: (1) Come From Away; (2) School of Rock; (3) Miss Saigon; (4) The Band's Visit; (5) Once on this Island. I have never seen any of these shows. School of Rock and Miss Saigon are the cheaper options, but SOR is

Hamilton Broadway New Block Chances?
 Mar 1 2017, 05:44:01 PM

My fiance and I are going to New York in November (and she really wants to see Hamilton even though I've already seen it), and I check everyday to see if a new block of Hamilton tickets go on sale. I know many of you are familiar with this process. I am willing to spend $200-$300 a ticket, which I know is possible if I get tickets the day they are released. What are the chances of me getting that if I stay on top of it and look the day they are released? THANKS

Audience Rewards - Points and Cash
 Jul 26 2016, 11:49:41 AM

2 Questions...

1) When do they typically post there deals for the next month? I am planning a trip in September and they have posted the August rewards, but I want to make sure I am first in line when they post their September deals. Do you have any idea when these typically go out?

2) Do they typically provide good seats? I figured I could save myself some money, but I want to make sure they provide decent seats. 

Show Help
 Jul 23 2016, 12:44:07 AM

I have already seen Fun Home, and I really wasn't looking at the Color Purple. My pick was Waitress, but I also want to give my girlfriend a fun energetic show that she would enjoy. I am thinking On Your Feet, but I'm not sure if I should get tickets now or try and get them on TDF. Or if that is really the show we should see! My big debate though is between An Act of God or The Humans... I have no idea! 

Show Help
 Jul 22 2016, 12:55:39 PM

I am coming to New York early September, and I am debating a few shows to see. I currently have tickets to Aladdin, which is what my girlfriend wants to see. I have time to see three other shows. I have seen the Book of Mormon, Fiddler on the Roof, Finding Neverland, Fun Home, Hamilton, Les Mis, Lion King, Phantom, Something Rotten, and Wicked. I have no desire to see an American in Paris, Beautiful, Cats, Chicago, or Motown. I am really debating between (1) On Your Feet, Matilda, Waitress, S

New Amsterdam Seating Question
 May 24 2016, 11:27:06 AM

I am purchasing tickets to Aladdin for September. My girlfriend really wants to see this show, but she is 5 foot 2. I am deciding between which seats to choose. Mezzanine Row LL or MM or Balcony Row B. I am worried she won't be able to see much from the middle of the Mezzanine. Are the Balcony seats good in the New Amsterdam? Or would it be better to go with the Mezzanine? THANKS

Most Beautiful Touring Theatres
 Mar 4 2016, 06:47:56 PM

Another vote for the Majestic in San Antonio. I am always in awe when I see a show in that theatre!

FINALLY...NYC here i come
 Oct 8 2015, 01:15:56 PM

I don't get the hype with Fun Home. With the exception of Cerveris, I thought the show was dull with a very mediocre score. Cerveris was fantastic in the role, but I just had a hard time connecting with anyone else. I thought Finding Neverland was fun, but nothing ground breaking. I thought I would hate it, but I enjoyed some of it, especially Laura Michelle Kelley. The new production of Les Mis is just awful, in my opinion. With the exception of Alfie Boe and the girl currently playing E

SYLVIA Previews
 Oct 6 2015, 04:04:13 PM

I absolutely adore this play. I don't think it is slight. I feel as if it does have some deeper meanings behind it. I had the opportunity to play Phyllis/Tom/Leslie in a production a few years ago. The role of the three characters are meant to be played by one actor. That is the comedy behind it. A person can agree or disagree with the comedic aspect of that ploy, but that was A.R. Gurney's intention. I am not sure the play would work with three separate actors playing the trio r

2 Tickets to Hand to God on 9/5/15 at 8:00 p.m.
 Aug 31 2015, 01:49:36 PM

Well, I decided to sell my Hand to God tickets and go see Les Mis with my friend. I have them posted on StubHub for $35 each, and I paid $67 for them. They are instant download if anybody wants them. 

http://www.stubhub.com/hand-to-god-new-york-tickets-hand-to-god-new-york-booth-theatre-9-5-2015/event/9311862/

Stop dressing like crap!
 Aug 25 2015, 04:53:32 PM

I am sorry to bring this topic back up, but I had a quick question and didn't want to start a new thread. 

I am from the Houston area, and I love seeing as many shows as possible. I have been to New York a few times and seen multiple shows. When I see a show in Houston or when I was in New York, I prefer to wear suits, dress clothes, or jeans and a dress shirt (for matinees). Each time I came to New York, my hotel was close to Times Square, so it was easy for me to go to t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You