News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for esparza 333

esparza 333 Profile Photo
Member Name: esparza 333
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I am a young theatre lover who loves theatre.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Discussion about Public Theatre's The Normal Heart  May 2 2011, 07:55:26 PM
I have become very interested in this play in the past months ever since the reading with Mantello. Now that the revival is being celebrated so much I was wondering if any body could share their thoughts about the Public Theatre revival a few years back with Esparza. I have heard wonderful things about it but I was most curious about Esparza's Ned Weeks. From the photos of that production I have seen, his Ned looks more charismatic while Mantello's seems more eccentric (is this is a fair com
Patti LuPone's Show People interview  May 2 2011, 07:44:56 PM
I think it is impossible to judge it without fully knowing their relationship which we never will. She gave him credit for Evita as she should have but when she explained her reason for the "crap music" remark she actually gave a substantial reason rather then just attacking him. I know people who share similar views on Lloyd Webber.
Aaron  May 2 2011, 07:42:34 PM
It does seem cruel to nominate Norbert over Aaron but at least when I saw the show in Seattle I was very impressed by both. Maybe I am not remembering clear enough but Butz always seemed to walk the fine line between Featured and leading so I assumed he would be petitioned in featured. I remember Aaron giving a sensational performance in Seattle but then again I have read it has gotten worse. Norbert is absolutely brilliant as well but I think they should had petitioned him in Featured because h
Tony Predictions: No Guts No Glory  May 2 2011, 07:35:15 PM
I think snubs for Catch Men and Priscilla are possible. I also think Ranellis might be the sole Best Actor nominee from Mormon (have this feeling Gad might be snubbed). Women on the Verge has picked up such momentum in the past few days I think Sherie will take the 4th Best Actress slot and Lupone and Benanti will be in featured.
Catch me if you Can Preview Thread  Mar 12 2011, 08:15:07 AM
I am so excited to see that the show has come together so well. I was wondering if any had knowledge of the changes since I saw it in Seattle. I said then that this would sweep the Tony awards and it looks like it will. The score is gorgeous and Tweit deserves the Tony hands down. Norbert and Tok will both be nominated. What I find odd is the so far reaction to Kerry Butler. When I saw it down in Seattle, I left thinking Kerry Butler will win Best Featured Actress hands down. Her Fly Fly Away wa
Scores That Work Better in the Context of Their Shows  Jan 24 2011, 07:25:32 PM
There are some shows that I have seen where I have liked the music much more during the show then when I have listened to it before and after. Obviously songs tend to work better emotionally in their show but with some shows (Follies, Fiddler, Sweeney, Guys and Dolls) they just work as a stand alone whether because of humor or because they just sound beautiful. To me Billy Elliot' s score does not strike me by just listening to it but I was very moved by many of the songs during the actual show
Most Irritating Scenes/Songs in Musical Theatre  Jan 23 2011, 07:28:47 PM
I think my main problem is with the music not the ballet itself. In fact I think it is very cleverly staged. I agree Robbins is a genius.
All That Chat board down  Jan 23 2011, 07:08:28 PM
I agree after eight, I am 14 years old and joined the board when I was 11 and feel that my postings are as valuable as anyone else's.
Most Irritating Scenes/Songs in Musical Theatre  Jan 23 2011, 06:59:20 PM
jv92, I don't love those moments but I can bear them. For me Uncle Tom's Cabin had the potential to be really a powerful part of King and I but I think the way it is presented is just choppy melodically.
Most Irritating Scenes/Songs in Musical Theatre  Jan 23 2011, 06:25:05 PM
Are there any scenes or songs you just can't stand in shows? For me, the Uncle Tom sequence in King and I is like nails on a chalkboard. An extreme low to an otherwise fantastic show.
Bryan Singer Attached to Direct Bob Fosse Biopic For HBO  Jan 21 2011, 05:31:09 PM
interesting love is a great director. I have no idea who should play Fosse but if Kander and Ebb re portrayed in this film I have always wanted Danny Burstein to be Fred ebb cause I just think they look similar although that would be unlikely
Help fill my hole, please...  Jan 21 2011, 05:07:06 PM
I saw CMIYC in Seattle and while it had it flaws it was fantastic. I am sure it has been tightened up pace wise since Seattle and the performances and score are just wonderful.

I agree about Anything Goes book, but I love the score and hope Sutton knocks it outof the park.

Rest in Peace, Theoni Aldredge  Jan 21 2011, 04:21:40 PM
What an artist!! She made some of the most iconic costumes in broadway history. Rest in peace Miss. Aldredge
Clint Eastwood to Direct Beyonce in A Star is Born  Jan 21 2011, 10:27:04 AM
I am keeping an open mind. While not as legendary as the three other ladies, Beyonce is a extremely talented performer and Clint being Clint will surely try to get a great performance out of her. And to the person who said Clint is artless go watch Mystic River, Unforgiven, Million Dollar Baby, The Bridges of Madison County and Letters from Iwa Jima and say that again.
Growing Into a Role vs. Getting Worn Out  Jan 20 2011, 08:57:16 PM
I think it all depends on the role and the actor's technique. Your voice can either grow more used to a score and can ease into it or and this is the case with roles that are vocally demanding (such as Diana in Next to Normal) you can grow fatigued. Also depending on how a singer sings a song and whether they strain, or don't breathe properly etc. your voice can grow tired. I am not saying Alice Ripley has bad technique, in her case I think it is more because Diana is an extremely difficult rol
Clint Eastwood to Direct Beyonce in A Star is Born  Jan 20 2011, 07:23:06 PM
Thoughts?
Broadway folks on The Good Wife  Jan 19 2011, 09:20:33 PM
Can't wait, i have the Butz Episode tivoed. Don't forget Denis O'Hare was a judge and Martha Plimpton had a hilarious role. It really is such a layered smartly written drama. It finds the perfect balance between family drama, legal drama, and political drama.
All That Chat board down  Jan 18 2011, 01:49:25 PM
This is horrible!! I wonder how many will leave the site
Happy birthday, Ethel Merman  Jan 17 2011, 11:10:39 PM
Gotta love Ethel!!! I once found a rare clip of her singing You Can't Get a Man with A Gun on Ed Sullivan I believe but can't find it.
Laura Linney's Father Has Passed Away...  Jan 15 2011, 02:58:36 PM
How sad!!! Romulus Linney was such a gifted playwright and I a remember him being interview recently on Laura's episode of Inside the Actor's Studio. My condolences go out to Laura and her family.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You