News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bkonbroadway

bkonbroadway Profile Photo
Member Name: bkonbroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Cheapest way to get South Pacific tickets?
 May 29 2008, 12:30:57 AM
WOAH! Sorry, ppl!
re: Cheapest way to get South Pacific tickets?
 May 27 2008, 03:51:15 AM
What about TKTS? They would probably be around $40, don't you think? I don't know if this show has been up there...but it's worth looking into.
re: Danny Calvert @ Splash
 Apr 28 2008, 04:41:40 AM
I'm going. I heard that Natalie Wiess is going to perform something with him as well. Can't wait!!
re: My thoughts on Cat on a Hot Tin Roof (spoilers)
 Apr 27 2008, 04:22:17 AM
(Spoilers) So I have to disagree with how amazing the show is. Yes, I too saw it with an amazingly rude and disruptive audience which may have to do with my dislike of the production. However...this is my favorite Williams play and I feel like it was messy. Phylicia was the saving grace to this producion playing Big Mamma BRILLIANTLY. Anika did very well, but did not hold my attention and give that "can't keep my eyes off of her" kind of performance. Her choices were general and she just spouted
re: Can someone help me pleeeease
 Apr 5 2008, 12:15:50 AM
The Mystery of Irma Vep....Charles Ludlam and Everett Quinten...possibly moving off-Broadway
Sara Ramirez = comic genius & vocal megastar
 Mar 31 2008, 05:02:37 AM
Apparently when she was doing Spamalot she lived across the hall from me....wierd! Hopefully the karma will spill it's way over into my apartment!! She's great!
re: IVE JUST SEEN....
 Mar 26 2008, 01:32:42 AM
I just got back from seeing the show and I can not disagree more with the positive responses about the show. I did not like it...nor did the 2 people I saw it with. Just about every song was a ballad....such a slow show!!! Sorry, it just didn't do it for me....at all.
re: Good place for lunch before 'The Little Mermaid'?
 Mar 11 2008, 02:46:21 AM
Vynyl...9th Ave. between 50th and 51st. Good ambiance and affordable prices. American/Thai....my favorite is the Chicken Pad Thai...$12.
re: Next to Normal - Next to Good
 Mar 10 2008, 05:14:31 AM
I liked it but I really wanted to LOVE it!

I did not like the girl who played the daughter. I loved her in SA, but it's like she was plucked right out of that show and put in this one and this is a different style. Her delivery of lines was abrupt and she had that SA sway the whole time that came off as "playing" quirky. She did have a nice voice for the most part, though.

Some of the lyrics were very hokey and seemed to say, "oh well this rhymes." I really wish I could rememb

re: I'm Feeling Electric! Dave goes to Next to Normal!
 Mar 9 2008, 05:18:14 AM
I saw the show this past Wednesday...and I liked it...but I don't think I liked it as much as everyone else on here. Sorry to be a Debbi Downer, but I think some of the lyrics were hokey and that Act 1 dragged on and on. I did not like the daughter. She was "playing" quirky and it turned out to look like she had a twitch or something. NO ONE looks like that when playing the piano! Her movements were all very Spring Awakening while the son's movements were all very Rent. I waited through half of
re: Is GYPSY at TKTS?
 Mar 9 2008, 05:03:05 AM
The Student Rush is actually front row. I went this past Thursday, and my friends went this past Tuesday....we were in the front row....$27. The only bad part about that it that you can only see their heads when they play far upstage (which isn't much). It's worth getting spit on by Patti!!
re: Have you ever gotten really sick at a Broadway show?
 Feb 25 2008, 05:25:25 AM
I get really queasy really easy (haha). When people talk at length about the body, especially blood, I have these little anxiety attacks where it feels like my blood sugar level just drops and I start sweating and am short of breath, etc. So I went to see "'night, Mother" and there is a big stretch where they go in depth into discussing an illness. I was in the middle of the row and it was a one-act...so I squirmed in my seat and tried to think of a happy place until they changed the subject. A
re: My thoughts on IN THE HEIGHTS (long)
 Feb 17 2008, 05:19:54 AM
I disagree that the climax is the fireworks. Why would you have an Act 2 to a show if the climax happens in Act 1??? Is all of Act 2 then the denumat? I think the climax is (spoiler) when Usnavy decides after seeing the picure of Abuela that his purpose is to stay put and change the world by changing his world and his community.

Another thing that I feel differently about is the use of Priscilla Lopez. No, she is no Morales in this show, but I think that she doesn't have the voice for

re: In The Hights 2/15 Review
 Feb 17 2008, 04:58:54 AM
I was there on the 15th, too. I wonder if we saw each other??? Haha. Great review. The show was such a good time. The plot line is a little thin. You failed to mention Abuela who did SUCH a great job!! She really makes me have more of an appreciation for the lovely old hispanic woman who runs my local laudromat. Good luck to you, "In the Heights!"
Whistle Down the Wind TOUR to close on 2/17 in VA.
 Jan 31 2008, 11:45:04 PM
Let us know what you thought!
re: Boston's Whistle Down the Wind tix NOW only $25.-$28.00 - why?
 Jan 30 2008, 01:28:58 AM
It closes February 17th.
re: What is your Favorite Comedy/Farce??
 Jan 25 2008, 01:44:25 AM
"The Mystery of Irma Vep" by Charles Ludlam and Everet Quinten (to possibly be revived Off-Broadway soon).
re: They're Playing Our Song - Is it revivable?
 Jan 18 2008, 11:46:04 AM
It's being done as an equity showcase off-off Broadway in February at The Producer's Club. It's going to be a very minimalistic production using only Vernon and Sonia. More to come on that.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You