Young Frankenstein on TKTS

Joy Behar Profile Photo
Joy Behar
#1Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:03pm

Just so everyone knows, Young Frankenstein was on TKTS today (Wednesday) for the matinee. The box office is going to be sending tickets there for the next several Wednesday matinees, and most likely the weekday evenings will follow. Just giving a heads up to people so they don't pay full price.

neddyfrank2
#2re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:05pm

Hmmmm....

--
Interesting user name.

alfgiotir Profile Photo
alfgiotir
#2re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:06pm

really? i wouldn't think so?

george95
#3re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:20pm

wow that is really good to know.

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#4re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/30/08 at 11:33pm

Do you think it'll still be on tickets in late March?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

EdwinDrood172
#5re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 12:37am

yes, i do. it's not selling that well. i mean, it's doing fine, but not selling like it was a few months ago.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#6re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 12:45am

The TKTS site says it was NOT up today, either show.
tkts

nasty_khakis
#7re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 1:56am

everyone won today's matinee lotto to. in fact, there were empty lotto seats. the guy said that was the first time that ever happened.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#8re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 6:02am

I've searched Ticketmaster, out of curiosity, many times, to see what's available, if you try for seats one or a couple days before the show !! EVERY time there are great front orchestra center seats ! And not only now, but back in Xmas as well !!! It is clear that the Premium seats are NOT selling and I am glad, because I am planning to get my tix a couple of days before, on April, and I am really optimistic !

gilliane Profile Photo
gilliane
#9re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 9:40am

Well that's annoying, I should have waited a week to see it. I hate paying regular price, but I guess it was worth it for the good seat (front orchestra centre, bought two days beforehand), though it would have been nice not to have been next to the annoying know it all soccer mom and her bratty daughter.

WickedBoy2 Profile Photo
WickedBoy2
#10re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 9:43am

If someone says they saw there why do you not believe them???

A young actress with Noel coward after a dreadful opening night performance said to him 'Well, i knew my lines backwards this morning!'' Noels fast reply was ''Yes dear, and thats exactly how you said them tonight'!'

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#11re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:21am

I didn't say I didn't believe them. I'm saying the official TKTS site said it wasn't there.

rbxprs Profile Photo
rbxprs
#12re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:29am

Wasn't there a thread about YF on TKTS a few months ago? Hmmm, seems like someone is out to smear the show by spreading rumor...

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 10:42am

"Wasn't there a thread about YF on TKTS a few months ago? Hmmm, seems like someone is out to smear the show by spreading rumor..."

There was, but no one was trying to start a rumor. Someone just mixed up Frankenstein, the off-Broadway show, with Young Frankenstein.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#14re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 3:51pm

^ Which can't happen now since that one's closed.

I never knew there was a site. How accurate is it? And where do they get their information? Is there someone who sits and watches their boards constantly? Perhaps it was up for a few minutes and whoever was in charge of watching missed it?

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#15re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 5:33pm

Here is the site:

http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp?show=all

They don't update during the day. It's not as if you can get a "live" look at what is available at a particular moment. It just shows the shows that were up at some point during the day, and what % off the regular price they are.

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#16re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 8:00pm

The entertainment-link.com site is not the official site, although I can understand why someone might think so. The tdf site is the official site and lists what was at the booth last week without specifying which shows were there on which days. So next week we'll know for sure. The entertainment-link.com site, I believe, is a site for a private company trying to sell tickets. Their lists are not always complete -- I have seen shows listed at the booth in the past that are not on the entertainment-link.com site. I think they just note what was available at a particular moment during the day -- that list might not reflect shows that were only up for a short period of time.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#17re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 8:01pm

Yeah, I found it from a link in a previous reply. But it doesn't answer where they get their information ~ is it from a computer system or is it a human who watches the boards and enters it?

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

#18re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 1/31/08 at 8:22pm

Why do people hate this show so much? I've never seen this sort of venom- not even towards Wicked.

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#19re: Young Frankenstein on TKTS
Posted: 2/1/08 at 5:11am

Joe, I don't think there is hate about the show, at least, at this thread ! It's just that, many people WANT to see the show, without paying a fortune about a decent seat ! Critics were a lot harder to it !
And, to be honest, Mel's attitude hurt the show a lot ! Not releasing BO figures, exorbitant pricing of decent seats etc., were bound to backfire, if the show was anyhing less than a masterpiece !!
Updated On: 2/1/08 at 05:11 AM

Videos