News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PUPPETMAN

Member Name: PUPPETMAN
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is Paul Stanley, the vocalist for Kiss, about to become The Phantom of Las  Feb 29 2008, 04:26:50 PM
The site says he is in talks to play the part, not that it is definite yet. If you want to see the Vegas version just make sure that is a performance with the alternate cast.

The Totonto version was great with the best Christine I've seen out of 17 viewings, Rebecca Caine.

re: DVDs of Broadway Shows?  Feb 29 2008, 04:09:14 PM
Just watched my tape to DVD of SUPERMAN. Not a very good representation of the stage version. The orchestrations were terrible and ruined what is a very good score. The lead was listed as "introducing David Wilson. Others in the cast were Leslie Ann Warren as Lois and David Wayne as the villain. Then there were such well know musical peerformers as Loretta Switt and Keneth Mars :)
The production was so bad that they even had superman wearing a watch
The Chinses acrobats from Broadway we

re: DVDs of Broadway Shows?  Feb 28 2008, 04:36:38 PM
The SUPERMAN tape is available at the web site for Superman Store. It really is not very good and does not follow the Broadway show that much. I'd recommend avoiding it.
re: Avenue Q Tour  Feb 28 2008, 04:25:33 PM
Will be playing in Buffalo the first week in May. Really looking forward to it, particularly since I'm a professional puppeteer.
re: Hollywood Bowl Les Mis Cast!  Feb 28 2008, 04:10:06 PM
Rosy will simply be Rosy and not give a convincing performance. She has admitted that she gets very bored doing live shows. The part does not call for a "star" and her trying to do it will pull attention from the numbers.

Rosy, stay home with the kids.

re: Li'l Abner  Feb 28 2008, 11:15:51 AM
There are some of us who remember reading L'il Abner in the comics. I was very young and didn't catch the satire, vut liked the drawings.
re: Li'l Abner  Feb 27 2008, 04:09:11 PM

There would be something for everyone with the curvy girls and the muscle men in Speedos.

there would be something for evereyone

re: Gloria Swanson and 'Sunset Boulevard'  Feb 27 2008, 04:03:55 PM
Gloria Swanson wrote a musical version of SUNSET and the text is in the companion book of the show. She wanted to star in it on Broadway. Interesting take on the film in her version.

This sort of echos Norma writing a script to star in.

What do you thinks about Disney TARZAN?  Feb 27 2008, 03:58:43 PM
My family saw the show and loved it.

I didn't see it, but play the CD a lot. Really good music. Must be a show like MACK AND MABLE that has a great score but is not a good show.

re: Li'l Abner  Feb 27 2008, 11:02:44 AM
It was just revived in concert form in California with Cathy Rigby as Mammy Yokum.

The film does used a lot of the Broadway cast but replaced Charlotte Ray who was the original Mammy and Edith Adams the original Daisey Mae.

re: Did Schwartz storm out of the Oscars after he lost?  Feb 26 2008, 04:35:00 PM
It was not a college, but a full time legitimate theater which did not have a lot of rehearsal spaces.

This was back in the early '70s and he was not that well known then.He was only a consultant and not the composer of the show.

Our group was not considered as important as the main stage shows so we were at a disadvantage when it came to demands from the main stage people.

No matter what anyone thinks this did happen.

re: Favorite BOOK from a musical  Feb 26 2008, 04:02:29 PM
Fantastiks
Carnival
Man of La Mancha
Les Miz
Mame

re: It Would Be Ugly  Feb 26 2008, 03:59:37 PM
Madonna in MY FAIR LADY
re: Favorite BOOK from a musical  Feb 26 2008, 03:53:23 PM
Fantasticks
Carnival
Les Miz
Mame

re: Did Schwartz storm out of the Oscars after he lost?  Feb 26 2008, 03:46:10 PM
"certain elfen quality" The man is a troll. Back before he wrote a full show, he was acting as musical consultant for a show at the local professional theater. I was in the resident company, performing shows in the schools during the day and understudying the main stage shows at night. We would be in the middle of rehearsals for a show and he would come in and demand that we leave the rehearsal hall so he could use the piano. He was so obnoxious and would literally throw tantrams, that we usuall
re: Best Broadway star ever  Feb 26 2008, 11:13:53 AM
So many of you have not had the pleasure of seeing the really fantastic STARS. You can make this a joke thread, but get serious.

Mary Martin - hands down for the variety of parts she did (Merman was always just Merman)
Angela Lansbury
Julie Andrews

Male: Robert Preston
Jerry Orbach

re: Favorite BOOK from a musical  Feb 26 2008, 10:58:13 AM
Fantasticks
Carnival
Les Miz
Mame
Happy Time

re: Understudies You Liked Better Than the Person Playing the Role  Feb 26 2008, 10:51:10 AM
Not an understudy, but an alternate:
Patti Cohenhour for Sarah Brightman in PHANTOM

re: kristen chenoweth's performance tonight  Feb 25 2008, 05:02:00 PM
"did he ruin the song"

Well, at least you could concentrate on other things in the film, he was too prominently featured on the telecast.

None of the ENCHANTED songs came off well.

re: Which recording?  Feb 25 2008, 01:05:37 PM
At the time of the original staging of Company, Dean Jones did not want to go on from the out of town try out. He was going through a painful divorce and the material really bothered him. He left the show as quickly as possible after the NY opening to be replaced by Larry Kert. But he was still in the show at the time of the original recording.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You