News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for piperlacyboo

piperlacyboo Profile Photo
Member Name: piperlacyboo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

best rock musicals written for the stage?  Apr 22 2010, 07:06:12 PM
thanks guys.

i listened to bright lights. it sounds more like theater pop to me than real rock. like i think of next to normal or jason robert brown as theater pop music and not really rock. rooms definitely sounded more rockish. i'll check out bare and zombie prom too, mister matt. thanks for that.

i do think american idiot sounds great, but i love how much more the songs in something like hedwig integrate with the story since they were written to go with the story from the b

best rock musicals written for the stage?  Apr 22 2010, 01:23:02 PM
hi guys,

i was reading on here about the hedwig revival and have fallen in love with the music. obviously, i'm a huge fan of spring awakening, so i was hoping you could suggest some other rock musicals to check out. especially lesser known or even off-broadway stuff. other than duncan sheik and stephen trask, who else is writing good stuff? i mean actually writing for the stage and not what green day did with their show.

prob a random question, but you people seem to be able to answer anything.

thanks.

Love Never Dies Title Song  Mar 14 2010, 01:35:16 AM
But let me get this straight. Sarah Brightman was 28, I believe, when the original Phantom opened. This one takes place ten years later, so they cast...a 27-year old who was playing...what, 18 years old two seasons ago?

elphaba.scares.me, she's actually the right age. christine is 18 in the first one and 28 in the second. the real age issue is that ramin looks so young and yet the phantom should be at least as old as madame giry. i love his voice, but he looks so young in the pre

Ever wonder where shoes for Broadway shows come from?  Mar 13 2010, 03:29:37 PM
soooo cool. thank you for sharing this. shoes and theatre. two of my favorite things.
LOVE NEVER DIES Changes Likely Before Broadway Run  Mar 13 2010, 03:28:14 PM
did sierra use her soprano at all in mermaid? i think her head voice here sounds very different from her belt. i do love ramin. he's just so beautiful. i hope it comes just cause i'm so curious.
Christine-bot  Mar 13 2010, 01:07:36 PM
gotcha. in poto they make one of the chorus girls stand perfectly still as the mannequin in the brides dress behind the mirror thingy during the entire music of the night scene. i didn't realize you were thinking it may be just a prop replica of christine.
Christine-bot  Mar 12 2010, 08:18:05 PM
it sure looks like her. bwaybaby18, i think they'd have every actor onstage mic'd (how do you spell that?) so the mic doesn't mean anything. but there are a couple of close ups in that video where you can tell it's her.
Christine-bot  Mar 12 2010, 12:50:14 PM
i think the bot is mentioned explicitly in a few of the reviews. like her first entrance is actually the bot or something.
Sierra Boggess injured tonight at Love Never Dies?  Mar 12 2010, 02:43:45 AM
the way he lists those twitter posts, could mean that he was filing an important story from last year. it's unbelievable to think she'd have the exact same accident happen in the sequel. i think he just poorly worded his texts.

there was nothing else on twitter or google about a love never dies accident. surely if that happened, it would be news, especially in london.

Photo Coverage: First Photos of LOVE NEVER DIES in London!  Mar 3 2010, 12:14:28 PM
agh, i hate to say it, but ramin DOES look a little too young in these pics to be the phantom. and i'm not sure how i feel about sierra's wig yet.

beyond the over the top plot, my biggest worry is that too much phantom time onstage is going to take away the mysterious dynamic that made it work in the first show.

'Jesus was Jewish' HAHAAH  Feb 28 2010, 09:19:04 PM
you guys, Jesus was definitely white. my grandma had a portrait of him in her house forever and you could even see he had blue eyes to go with his sandy brown hair.
Did Love Die?  Feb 25 2010, 01:15:52 AM
ok, that plot sounds kind of crazy, but seriously how hot do they both look in this video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47dUc4iMAvQ

Can someone explain how this is ok? stagehand at Wicked  Feb 17 2010, 10:51:57 PM
it makes me sad that this is a contract thing. who would have thought that regional theater had something over broadway? it just doesn't seem like that big a deal to fix. i would gladly drop a $8 black t-shirt off at the stage-door, but i don't think it would be taken with the spirit i intended.
Can someone explain how this is ok? stagehand at Wicked  Feb 17 2010, 03:12:43 PM
so if it has obviously has happened many more times than just the day i saw the show, why are they allowed to do that? i mean, is the stage manager in charge of enforcing things like that? and is there anyone from iatse on this board who can verify that stagehands can wear whatever they want during a performance no matter how distracting? cause it really makes it look like those people just don't care.

and the thing is, i know that there are a lot of stagehands working hard on that show

Can someone explain how this is ok? stagehand at Wicked  Feb 16 2010, 12:24:48 PM
hi,

so i'm pretty new to the city and going to a broadway show is a very big deal to me. i finally get to see the shows i've been listening to for years. i've seen wicked before, but this is my first time to see it on broadway.

i'm watching the show and loving it and then at the point where the monkeys come out flying, i see a guy in, i kid you not, a white t-shirt and jeans standing on a ledge house right about a third of the way into the audience. i don't know how your eye co

Unions and Affiliations  Feb 5 2010, 12:40:18 AM
^ aww sorry about that. i knew sm's were a part of aea, but def should have listed them as that. you guys keep us safe and make it all come together.

thanks for all the help everyone.

Unions and Affiliations  Feb 4 2010, 03:05:58 PM
hi guys,

can someone help me understand who is connected to what regarding unions or other affiliations?

Producers = League of Theater Owners and Producers
Actors = AEA
Directors = Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers?
Choreographers = Society of Stage Directors and Choreographers?
Book Writers = ?
Composers = ?
Musicians = American Federation of Musicians Local 802
Stagehands = IATSE
Costume Builders = ?
Set Builders = ?

ki

YOUTUBE: 'Love Never Dies' performed by ALW and Sierra Boggess  Feb 1 2010, 07:43:51 PM
^ from what i've read in reviews, online and on this chat board, you are in the minority by far on your opinion of her acting abilities.

I saw both christines in las vegas and i thought she was far better than elizabeth. and i think the way she would perform it in the show would def be different than in a concert setting. i mean, isn't that almost always the case? idina wasn't flying around on a cherry picker at her concerts, right?

Laura Bell Bundy launches Cooter County Websites  Jan 30 2010, 01:42:23 AM
at first i got nervous that the i beweave vid was gonna be offensive, but i agree that it was really, really funny.

is this all tied to a larger theme for an album or something? the ad for that giddy up video runs on tmz all the time.

Brantley responds to the Star-er, lover accusations  Jan 4 2010, 08:26:52 PM
"Isn't he the person that said that his "heart sank" when he learned that Brooke Shields was going to take over the role of Ruth Sherwood in Wonderful Town and then went on to say she was a "delight", when he actually saw her in the role?
How was that respectful? To judge a performer before the performer was even in the show."

i bet he judged her on a much easier scale though. i mean, i didn't see her performance, but I bet that if not for the "celebrity factor," her singing and act

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You