News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DestinyBeckoned

DestinyBeckoned Profile Photo
Member Name: DestinyBeckoned
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Song With 3 guys...
 Jun 11 2005, 02:09:43 PM
You could do New York, New York from On the Town, minus the chorus bits.
re: Rick Lyon's Replacement!!
 Jun 9 2005, 06:56:48 PM
Yes, I believe I've heard of him before. Wrote fairy tales, right?

jk, jk.

re: Barrett Foa- Appreciation Thread
 Jun 7 2005, 05:35:35 PM
sorry!
 Jun 7 2005, 05:35:35 PM
ah, triple post!
 Jun 7 2005, 05:35:34 PM
Finally seeing Avenue Q, and then meeting Barrett and Stephanie were definitely the highlights of my year so far. He really was so sweet, and actually looks better in person than in photos, which is really saying something because he looks fantastic in pictures too.

Did any of you see his Cabaret concert a few months back? I would have loved to hear him sing "California" by Rufus Wainwright, and I saw that on the set list on his site.

re: How did all the Tony partys go?
 Jun 6 2005, 03:07:28 PM
I had friends over, and they would not shut up the whole night! I got really fed up and finally stopped shushing them, turned the volume way up and sat really close to the TV. Next year its going to be just me with a bag of popcorn.
re: Jerry Orbach not mentioned?
 Jun 5 2005, 11:24:23 PM
I thought it was very sweet that Jesse sang the song though. I was touched. Wouldn't that have been awesome if they had sang together on Law and Order? I didn't even know Jesse could sing!
re: Aretha
 Jun 5 2005, 11:21:54 PM
I didn't like the whole deal with the swing drumbeat in the background, as well as Aretha's embellishments. The whole meaning of that song is taken away when you jazz it up. It needs to be sweet and simple to work.

I need to go listen to my Larry now.

re: If your life were a musical, who would play you?
 May 11 2005, 06:17:32 PM
Stephanie D'Abruzzo!
re: The 'Phantom' Chandelier
 May 6 2005, 04:20:41 PM
Both places I have seen it in, I was wayyy in the back, so it really didn't thrill me. But my sister saw Phantom for the first time in Toronto, and she was in the third row...so yeah, she found it a lot more thrilling than I did. I personally was disappointed in how slow it moved, and I knew when it was coming, so it didn't even have the element of surprise for me.
re: Movies that lost their...
 May 6 2005, 04:17:24 PM
I've never seen the stage version of the movie Big, with Tom Hanks, but I haven't heard too many good things about it.
re: Ever go see a show, open the playbill...then 'woah' somone famous!
 May 6 2005, 10:49:19 AM
I was surprised and excited that Brooks Ashmanskas was in The Producers...but then a little thrown off because his character was so different from his part in Songs for A New World.
re: GODSPELL...which recording should I get ????
 Apr 29 2005, 06:36:47 PM
I only have the movie soundtrack, but thats because I wasn't specific on my Christmas list two years ago. But I think if I were to get another recording, I'd go for the 2000.
most superfluous character
 Apr 16 2005, 10:15:57 AM
Lucy is actually in the book of Jekyll and Hyde, so its not as though she were added JUST to belt out a couple numbers. Some of her songs, I agree, are superfuluous, but not the character as a whole.

I'm doing Birdie right now, and I have to say that there was really no reason to name any of the teenage boys. We have a Freddie and a Karl, and there's really no point to them.

re: First Word(s) that Pop Into Your Head...
 Apr 12 2005, 06:23:36 PM
baby
re: Stars on the Subway
 Apr 11 2005, 06:52:34 PM
Ben Stiller?

ENVY.......

re: Blonde, brunette or redhead...
 Apr 11 2005, 05:54:06 PM
Usually, I'd say dark dark hair...but lately I'd have to say redheads. Or, just one.

re: Avenue Q Report
 Apr 11 2005, 04:46:22 PM
Go to Rick Lyon's website.

www.lyonpuppets.com

He's got pictures of all of the puppets used, and some interesting things about the construction of his puppets.

Something I would definitely include is how the actors play double characters and some of them have to move the mouths of the puppets while another actor is speaking for them.

If its more of a report about the inner meaning of Avenue Q and not the technical aspects, I think it would be interesting t

re: Favorite Golden Age Musical?
 Apr 11 2005, 04:32:10 PM
Golden: West Side Story
Modern: Avenue Q

re: Question
 Apr 10 2005, 10:28:56 PM
Hmm..top 5. Thats easier

1. West Side Story
2. Avenue Q
3. Cabaret
4. Songs For A New World
5. Company

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You