Stars on the Subway

NYC_or_Bust Profile Photo
NYC_or_Bust
#0Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 5:46pm

How likely is it to catch a *star* (or at least featured performer) on the subway? I caught Hugh Jackman once last May (very generous man by the way), but I wondered how many of you have seen someone (recently on the SUBWAY)

I adore the black band holding on the Phantom's mask. ~ Jenna2

robbiej Profile Photo
robbiej
#1re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 5:48pm

I saw Ms. Chenoweth on the 1/9 line the morning of June 1, 2000 (it was my 25th birthday, that's how I remember the date).

"I'm so looking forward to a time when all the Reagan Democrats are dead."

melissa errico fan Profile Photo
melissa errico fan
#2re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 5:49pm

Saw Julianne Moore not too long ago.

Chrysanthemum62001
#3re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:01pm

Marc Kudisch and I got on the same train after the ALW concert at Joe's Pub. Also, I once saw Trey Ellet and Donna Murphy.

ETA: Someone wanted me to point out that Marc was singing in the station. Well, if I hadn't known who he was, I would have thought he was a bit mental.....

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
Updated On: 4/11/05 at 06:01 PM

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#4re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:15pm

Macaulay Culkin - don't remember which line.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

ticenewyorkcity Profile Photo
ticenewyorkcity
#5re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:21pm

robbieJ we have the same birthday...
i have seen so many people on the subway...when i didn't live in the city i saw shoshana bean almost everyday, john jeffery martin, a girl who was in taboo. umm julia stiles is usualy a 1/9'er i too saw julianne moore. so it happens more than you think

shermanslave Profile Photo
shermanslave
#6re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:23pm

I have seen Issac Mizrahi a few times on the train.

Please visit Bitchy Waiter

AlienOnBroadway
#7re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:24pm

Got on the same train as Jack Noseworthy once. Since we were both leaving the same reading, it's not that hard to believe. But cool considering I don't live in the city and ride the subway all the time.

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#8re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:26pm

Richard Kind (not on the subway) but walking down 8th ave!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

ponine24601
#9re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:31pm

jwei- you have the same birthday as me! yay!

anyway...i've seen kristin chenoweth, shoshana bean, and hugh jackman on the subway. ben stiller actually was standing right next to me while we were waiting for the train. i was listening to one of the street performers (so was he) and i gave him a dollar. ben was like "wow. you have a great heart." and then wished me a good day. SUCH a nice man!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

Joshua488
#10re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:32pm

I saw Frenchie Davis coming out of the subway onto the street on her way to the Nederlander Theatre a couple weekends ago. Needless to say, I said hello, even though she was on her cell. re: Stars on the Subway
Updated On: 4/11/05 at 06:32 PM

Jwei123 Profile Photo
Jwei123
#11re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:38pm

happy (almost) bday, ponine...we'll celebrate together!

awkward.

"I think it was the Korean tour or something. They were all frickin' asian!" -Zoran912

ponine24601
#12re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:40pm

you too! yes we will! a big thread just for us!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

#13re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:45pm

I saw Swoozie Kurtz coming out of the FROZEN theater walking down 51st near WICKED.

DestinyBeckoned Profile Photo
DestinyBeckoned
#14re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:52pm

Ben Stiller?

ENVY.......

HROK?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 6:54pm

I saw Raúl Esparza waiting for a bus, and I'm going to say that counts because it's still part of the MTA. re: Stars on the Subway
It was after the 92nd Street Y's tribute to Larry Kramer last fall.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

bonna
#16re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 8:03pm

Heading to Brooklyn (the borough not the show), I've seen Denis O'Hare three times.

tshell88 Profile Photo
tshell88
#17re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 8:09pm

I saw Louise Pitre a few months ago going uptown on the 1/9.

MTRBOI24
#18re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 9:15pm

lol....I ran into Matthew Broderick talking to a friend in front of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang Theatre. I literally ran into Harvery Fierstein on I forget what street. Um....Hes not a star but ran into Chris Freeman from La Cage Aux Folles on the Subway.

mmmmm, Hugh. Id love to run into him.

LiTtLeDaNcEr729 Profile Photo
LiTtLeDaNcEr729
#19re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 9:33pm

I ran into Matthew Broderick once as well- it was this past August and I was (ironicly) standing by the Producers stagedoor...he was going into the restaurant next door (can't remember the name)

I ran into Deidre Goodwin in a restaurant last April...

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#20re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 9:39pm

A few weeks ago I saw Craig Bierko and Hank Azaria together at Starbucks and then we all took the 1 train to 42nd st.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#21re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 9:41pm

Do you think people besides us Broadway-nerds recognize them?

Other than those who have had film, television gigs.

This is my signature.

MTRBOI24
#22re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 9:43pm

Nope....and Idina once said. Once she is past Time Square area she isnt recognized and its like shes a normal person, or something along the lines of that.

Aigoo Profile Photo
Aigoo
#23re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 9:46pm

Sort of gives you an idea of what Broadway celebrities are like compared to Hollywood. :

But, I've got to say, before I was introduced to a bunch of musicals and didn't know anyone in the business, I wouldn't have known who the HELL you guys were talking about if you used Menzelchenowethfostererricobutlerespinobeanleobutzesparza in the same sentence. :|

This is my signature.

lisa902652
#24re: Stars on the Subway
Posted: 4/11/05 at 9:47pm

I saw James Noble on the subway (from Benson) He went to a broadway show - He had a playbill with him.

Videos