News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for casualtyofLoVe

casualtyofLoVe Profile Photo
Member Name: casualtyofLoVe
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: any mimi understudies in RENT before close?
 Aug 22 2008, 08:55:04 AM
I heard that the 19th was supposed to be her last time on as Mimi, but you never know. Renee could just call out and Karmine could go on again.
re: Anyone See Hair tonight w/ Chris Hanke?
 Aug 18 2008, 02:04:10 PM
Christopher was so amazing! I've loved him in everything else I've seen him in, but I was really scared that he wasn't going to fit the role of Claude. But I was blown away. He was awesome! I really hope he gets to be Claude if it goes to broadway.
re: James Snyder @ Joe's Pub
 Aug 12 2008, 01:14:51 AM
His show was awesome! He was hilarious and he sounded great! I wish he wasn't going back to California.
re: Help! Im Confused!
 Aug 9 2008, 09:51:44 PM
Okay thank you!
re: Help! Im Confused!
 Aug 9 2008, 09:23:35 PM
I don't know if this has been answered yet, but I've been searching and searching and I can't seem to find the answer. How long is Hair? If the show starts at 8:00, when will it end?
re: Just got back from NERO...
 Jul 14 2008, 12:53:44 PM
I also saw Nero last night. I thought the actors were all amazing, especially Michael Arden, but I hated the show. I'm not a fan of Spring Awakening, but I thought that it at least had a message and spoke to a younger audience. I feel with Nero they just picked some part of history that would make their audiences the most creeped out and depressed. I really did not enjoy it. But I thought all of the actors did a great job. Michael Arden was heart breaking and his voice sounded great with Lea Mic
re: Going to see the show, and NOT Stage Dooring?
 Jul 2 2008, 09:05:34 AM
I used to stagedoor every show when I first started seeing shows a lot. Now I really only stagedoor rent and in the heights when I see them. I think stagedoor is fine as long as you treat the actors like human beings and with respect. That's one of the reasons why I love broadway so much more than movies or television shows. After you sit though a show, you get to meet the people that you just saw on stage and look up to. I think that's really cool.
re: Has anyone seen Rafta, Rafta?
 Jun 23 2008, 04:39:22 PM
I've never seen it, but my parents saw it and they loved it. They've been trying to get me to see it too, but I don't have time.
re: Cry Baby Final Performance
 Jun 23 2008, 07:43:07 AM
The last performance was incredible. Everyone went over the top and it was amazing. Christopher Hanke and Alli Mauzey had everyone (including me) cracking up the entire show. I've always thought that James Snyder was really good, but everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I'm really sad to see this one go. =(
re: Original cast of In the Heights
 Jun 19 2008, 11:51:33 AM
I think it's too early to know that yet. It's only been open for four months. But if I had to guess I think they'd be staying around for a while.
re: Renee Elise Goldsberry as Mimi in Rent
 Jun 19 2008, 11:28:44 AM
I saw Renee on her first night too. I loved her! She still needs to get more comfortable with the role, but she was great. The cast is very strong right now which makes me really happy because the closing cast should be strong.

And i don't like to say bad things about actors/actresses on these boards, but Tamyra was awful. The worst Mimi I have ever seen. She didn't understand the character at all. Her voice was pretty, but it didn't make up for her lack of acting. You're lucky to have

re: Cry-Baby to Close on Broadway June 22
 Jun 18 2008, 01:51:25 PM
I'm sad that this is closing. I really hope every person who was in the cast gets a job soon because they were all fantastic. Good luck to them.

And yeah i hope the cast recording rumors are true also.

re: Favorite Underrated Actors!
 May 26 2008, 10:06:23 PM
christopher hanke
michael arden
will chase
krysta rodriguez
eliseo roman

re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....
 May 26 2008, 09:37:30 AM
yummiest nickel- can you pm me too please? =)
re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on CRY-BABY (with stage door photos)
 May 22 2008, 12:46:32 AM
Yeah that was probably us. We were standing to the side of stagedoor, not up against the barriers. I'll say hi if I see you again :)
re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on CRY-BABY (with stage door photos)
 May 20 2008, 06:58:16 PM
Jay I was at the same show as you! I saw you at stagedoor and I was waiting for you to post a review! =)
re: Actor injured this afternoon in Little Mermaid
 May 11 2008, 01:23:19 AM
I was at the show today when it happened. I was sitting first row orchestra with my friend. Before the curtain came up (at about 2:00) we heard this loud boom and someone scream for an ambulance. Then we heard the sirens a few minutes later and saw flashing lights coming from behind the curtain. It was so scary! We thought a piece of the set fell on someone. Thank god he only broke his wrists, we thought it was a lot worse than that from the sound of it. I really hope he recovers quickly!
re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....
 Apr 27 2008, 01:55:02 PM
I pre-ordered the cast recording. I think they said we'd get it in May, but I don't know the specific date.
re: Understudies You Liked Better Than the Person Playing the Role
 Apr 25 2008, 01:13:42 AM
karmine alers as mimi - rent
caren lyn manuel as mimi - rent
moeisha mcgill as mimi - rent
haven burton as maureen - rent
marcus paul james as collins - rent
todd e. pettiford as collins - rent
jay wilkison as roger - rent
haven burton as elle - legally blonde
becky gulsvig as elle - legally blonde
andy karl as emmett - legally blonde
jonathan crombie as man in chair - the drowsy chaperone

re: Daring to ask a RENT question.....
 Apr 17 2008, 08:38:18 PM
Yes this is the last tour. But who knows, they might end up doing another one.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You