News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lindsay is a goddess

Member Name: Lindsay is a goddess
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What does Spring Awakening mean to you?  Oct 3 2019, 08:05:56 PM

So help me out guys,

Im currently dramaturg for my college production of Spring Awakening and as part of our attempt to highlight the emotional impact of the show, Id like to hear from all of you on how the show has impacted you as humans/artists. Id especially love to hear from anyone who was exposed to Spring Awakening as a teenager.

All quotes will be kept anonymous, but the plan is to present them to the audience in the lobby before the show starts.

When y

OKLAHOMA! Previews  Apr 3 2019, 08:50:02 PM
For those who have seen the show, I’ve heard a lot about the supporting men in the show: Will Brill is popular on a lot of message boards, James Davis has been brought up a few times, and Patrick Vail is playing a very well-known musical theatre role.

Which of these men stood out most/was most deserving of a Tony nod?

Tony Awards 2018 Winner Predictions Thread  May 4 2018, 11:47:36 AM

broadwayfreak4 said: "I think SpongeBob could win Best Musical. After all, a good majority of the Tony voters have to do with touring shows."

If The Band's Visit doesn't win Bet Musical, it will be nothing short of the biggest snub in years.

Next Elphaba and Glinda?  May 4 2018, 10:20:33 AM

Hasn't Jackie Burns been playing Elphaba on-and-off for like the last decade?

Significant Snub of the Year  May 3 2018, 08:38:51 PM

Melissa25 said: "Rigg received the best featured actress in a musical nomination and I think Patti Murin did way more work to earn that same nomination. I love Rigg but she really isn't doing much."

I'll say it again, they were not up for the same nomination, they were in different categories. I guess the featured category was just slimmer than the leading actress category. Plus with Levy and Murin in the same category together, they probably split the vote a

Spongebob will be the most Tony-nominated musical of the season  May 3 2018, 11:44:48 AM

GeorgeandDot said: "This year does take me back to some of the years in the 90's and 2000's. Thankfully, we at least got one really exceptional musical this year, which is enough for me really. Honestly, so long as we get one really great musical a year, I don't really care, but it is nice to have a year like last year where we get four really pretty solid musicals."

Or 2016, where we got five fantastic musicals. But as sad as it is to see how slim this y

Taylor Louderman  May 3 2018, 11:13:49 AM

Just watched the Mean Girls performance on the Today Show and let me just say, I get it now.

I won't go so far as to say that I liked the song, but I could not take my eyes of off Louderman. She never sang and hardly spoke two sentences the whole time, yet she was the center of focus. At least part of that is owed to Casey Nicholaw's staging, but Louderman is so commanding and so transfixing that you can't help but watch her every move. Even when she's just walking in p

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  May 3 2018, 10:01:28 AM

little_sally said: "Lindsay is a goddess said: "little_sally said: "Lindsay is a goddess said: "Can someone tell me why their marquee says "Most Nominated Show of the Season" when that's not true...? It got 11 nominations, but SpongeBob and Mean Girls each got 12. And even if that weren't true, The Band's Visit and Angels in America got 11 as well, so...change your sign?"

They might be referring to the OCC, Drama D

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  May 3 2018, 09:56:18 AM

little_sally said: "Lindsay is a goddess said: "Can someone tell me why their marquee says "Most Nominated Show of the Season" when that's not true...? It got 11 nominations, but SpongeBob and Mean Girls each got 12. And even if that weren't true, The Band's Visit and Angels in America got 11 as well, so...change your sign?"

They might be referring to the OCC, Drama Desks, and Drama League noms too.
"

But even still,

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  May 3 2018, 09:20:23 AM

Can someone tell me why their marquee says "Most Nominated Show of the Season" when that's not true...? It got 11 nominations, but SpongeBob and Mean Girls each got 12. And even if that weren't true, The Band's Visit and Angels in America got 11 as well, so...change your sign?

Significant Snub of the Year  May 3 2018, 09:07:19 AM

Melissa25 said: "Rigg over Murin is also completely ridiculous."

Separate categories. One has nothing to do with the other.

Tony Awards 2018 Winner Predictions Thread  May 2 2018, 08:34:03 PM

I think OoTI takes either Revival or Director but not both. I have a bad feeling that it will underperform just like it did at nominations.

Tony Awards 2018 Winner Predictions Thread  May 2 2018, 03:56:34 PM

Best Musical

• Frozen
  • Mean Girls
  • SpongeBob SquarePants
  • The Band's Visit

Best Revival of a Musical

• Carousel
  • My Fair Lady
  • Once on This Island

Best Book

• Tina Fey - Mean Girls
  • Kyle Jarrow - SpongeBob SquarePants
  • Jennifer Lee - Frozen
  • Itamar Moses - The Band's Visit

Best Score

• Robert Lopez & Kristen Anderson-Lopez - Frozen
  • <

Significant Snub of the Year  May 2 2018, 03:19:25 PM

Kad said: "Alex Newell is the major missing name for me. "Mama Will Provide" is not only the highlight of the show, but maybe the best number of the season. Fortunately, it's been preserved in television appearances- and fingers crossed it's the production's number at the awards."

I know it's heresy, but I wasn't that impressed with his performance when I watched it on TV. I'm sure it's different in person, but when I wa

Rant about the 2018 TONY nominations here  May 2 2018, 02:39:33 PM

theatreguy12 said: "It seems SpongeBob and Mean Girls came in duringthe right season. Outside of The Band's Visit it seems there are very few viable considerations for new musical. Margaritaville and Summer seem to be the ones who got nixed because of their lesser reviews, whileSpongeBob and Mean Girls got in by the hair of their chinny chin chin. None of these four seem to be getting incredible reviews. With Margaritaville and Summer getting bumped in favor of two rather meh mus

Official 2018 TONY Nominations Thread  May 1 2018, 09:23:52 AM
I’m so pissed at myself for changing my Featured Actor prediction at the last minute. I almost nailed that category.
Post Your Final 2018 Tony Nomination Predictions!  May 1 2018, 08:20:56 AM

Getting them in under the wire, but here are my final predictions for the 2017-2018 Tony nominations:

Best Musical

- The Band's Visit

- SpongeBob SquarePants

- Mean Girls

- Frozen

Best Book of a Musical:

- The Band's Visit

- SpongeBob SquarePants

- Mean Girls

- Frozen

Best Original Score:

- The Band's Visit

- SpongeBob SquarePants

Taylor Louderman  Apr 30 2018, 05:12:38 PM

singer234 said: "She has been a working actress since she was plucked out of college at 20 to star on Broadway. How is playing the lead in 2 Broadway musicals and workshops of 2 broadway bound musicals in the span of one year not being in demand? First of all- not taylor’s mom, long time lurker. Didn’t know who she was when i joined this board 10 years ago. She was in high school. Just think she’s very talented and the proof is in the pudding. In what, 5 years, she&

Taylor Louderman  Apr 30 2018, 02:41:13 PM

JudyDenmark said: "Lindsay is a goddess said: "I guess I'm just trying to make sense of the praise. I mean I'm not trying to degrade her by any means. I'm sure she's amazing as Regina, but the unfortunate reality is that not every amazing performance gets Tony nominated. And more what I'm getting at is that Regina George doesn't seem like the kind of role that would excite Tony voters, so Louderman must be doing something really special with it to att

Taylor Louderman  Apr 30 2018, 11:41:11 AM

haterobics said: "Lindsay is a goddess said: "But I guess I'm just having trouble imagining what one can do with that character that would be thrilling enough to justify a Tony nomination."

I'm having trouble sorting out why you have to imagine... any of this?
"

I guess I'm just trying to make sense of the praise. I mean I'm not trying to degrade her by any means. I'm sure she's amazing as Regina, but the unfortuna

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You