News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Stexer1974

Member Name: Stexer1974
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 6-17, Joseph Matinee Review, San Diego
 Jun 19 2006, 06:22:09 PM
That I do not know. It is still through Troika so I would assume so.
re: 6-17, Joseph Matinee Review, San Diego
 Jun 19 2006, 04:52:25 PM
FYI, yes and no that the tour is closing the end of July. Yes, the equity show is closing so no Cassidy and Adams then, but the non equity show is starting in September. A little birdie has told me that Clarissa Grace will be the narrator in the non eq version. She has been in Starlight Express in both the U.S. and in Germany as well as Cats and she was in the Vegas version of Saturday Night Fever as Annette back in '04 before it closed.
re: Birmingham, Al. to have a Lloyed Webber Season...with a few surprises!!!
 May 8 2006, 04:24:31 PM
Nope, that I do not know, sorry. I myself am looking foward to seeing Movin' Out at the BJCCC.
re: Birmingham, Al. to have a Lloyed Webber Season...with a few surprises!!!
 May 8 2006, 12:19:13 PM
FYI just so you'll know....the current tour of Joe will change from Equity to Non-Equity at the end of July so Patrick Cassidy and the current cast will not be in the tour once it reaches Birmingham. I was informed of this by a current cast member a few months ago and then again just last week.

The current show was great except for Patrick when I saw it a few months ago, but thats just my opinion.

re: Review: Joseph... tour, and a question
 Apr 28 2006, 02:32:54 PM
Ms. Adams has been out of the show since Salt Lake City (End of March) because of a vocal hemorrage. It is hoped that she will be back by the time the show rolls into Norfolk, Va. on May 9th. I got that info from a tour cast member a few weeks ago.

re: Vegas, a Broadway Bust?
 Mar 29 2006, 10:39:20 PM
I saw both Hairspray and Ave. Q in Vegas two weeks ago and enjoyed them both immensely. Now, that being said my husband who was also with me and liked both of those shows enjoyed The Blue Man Group more. Their theatre in the Venetian was almost sold out, compared to the half full theatre in the Wynn for Ave. Q and the slightly over half full theatre in the Luxor for Hairspray. I however enjoy musicals and had researched what I wanted to see beforehand, whereas, he was in Vegas for, well, the
re: Tampa tours 2006-07?
 Feb 21 2006, 09:08:51 PM
Actually, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat on
04/18/06-04/23/06 at Carol Morsani Hall, Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center, will be the last show of the regular season there. Then a special showing of Mamma Mia, May 9 - 14, 2006 before the '06/'07 season will kick off.

~Edit~ Ok, I read the last reply wrong so just disregard this response. :S

re: Joseph Cast Album
 Feb 13 2006, 10:17:09 PM
Once again for those that are asking where they can order the new tours C.D.

http://www.thebroadwaycollection.com/

re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
 Feb 10 2006, 10:49:31 PM
For those that wanted to know where they can get the new tour's soundtrack....

http://www.thebroadwaycollection.com/pacainjoanda.html

I am expecting mine anyday now.

re: How long do shows usually tour?
 May 14 2005, 04:08:16 PM
Actually Alabama does get equity productions. I just saw Clear Channels "Chicago" a week or so ago at the BJCC in Birmingham, which is equity, and a few years ago I saw Starlight Express there and it was equity. The Lion King is suppose to swing through in Sept. and it, like the others,is equity. However, I am not saying all the shows that come through are, but a fair amount are. However, The deep south is still way behind unfortunately in its cultural offerings.
re: STARLIGHT EXPRESS
 Oct 26 2004, 02:42:24 PM
they built it because they wanted to do the show EXACTLY like in London - exactly the same kind of set?

That is what I meant. The German Theatre is called the Starlight Hall if I remember correctly although I could be wrong (I am sure someone will correct me if I am). On the same note though no matter when or why the Apollo Vic was built if you ask the population of London what comes to mind when the Apollo Victoria is mentioned....well they will say StEx.

Oct 26 2004, 02:35:12 AM
The Bochum, Germany show still has a huge fan base to this day. The show there even has an Open Door Day every summer that some fans plan vacations for. They dress up in costumes and even have competitions for best costume and best fan performances etc. as well as meet and greets and backstage tours. StEx is big business (economically) in Bochum. They built a theatre especially for the show just like London, and its still going strong.
 Oct 24 2004, 07:19:51 PM
Carolyn,

this is what it said

Lloyd Webber began by rewriting the music and lyrics and updating the book, collaborating with Tony Award nominated
composer David Yazbek, composer and lyricist of The Full Monty. "I think what we’ve done is taken the best elements of
it. I’ve completely rescored it and rewritten it for today..." says Lloyd Webber.

http://vegasartscorner.com/Aladdin/starlight-US-03-p3.html

Oct 24 2004, 07:14:47 PM
Rusty was played by Franklyn Warfield whom the press nicknamed "The Silver Throated Tenor" and got great reviews especially considering the fact he was fresh out of college and Dennis Legree played Poppa and also received great reviews but the show itself did not recieve very much praise, but I still enjoyed it nonetheless. I would however like to watch an actual live race.
 Oct 24 2004, 06:26:02 PM
I knew there was someone else besides ALW but wasnt for sure.... On the vegasartscorner.com site (Carolyns site) it does give ALW credit also for rewriting some of the lyrics as well as Mr. Yazbek.
 Oct 24 2004, 05:46:45 PM
It was rewrote by ALW for the recent US and current UK Tours. "A Lotta Locomotion" is now "A Whole Lotta Locomotion" with a Brittany Spears/Pop sound to it. "The Rap" was also revamped to have a more up to date sound. Also the "Rockie" characters that do the rap are now called Hip Hoppers instead.
 Oct 24 2004, 05:40:26 PM
I actually had the privilege to hear "Only He" (my favorite) in the recent US Tour before it was yet again cut and "Next Time" was re-added.
 Oct 24 2004, 09:43:41 AM
Why has it lasted so long in Bochum Germany (15 yrs and still counting), and in London (17 yrs) yet it didnt last on Broadway and then in Vegas but for a few years each respectively?

Just as a an after thought the new UK Tour of it is suppose to open in a few days.

Sep 17 2004, 04:15:07 PM
I love the show (couldnt ya tell). Its not very strong on plot but its entertaining in a extreme skating way and the boy next door gets the girl after all is said and done. People should go in not expecting POTO but just sit back and enjoy it and not try to look to in depth at it because if you do that then you pick the show apart. I saw the recent U.S. Tour three times and became good friends with a few of the cast. They really worked hard but basically the critics were not kind to them and
re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
 Sep 13 2004, 08:02:16 AM
I have known of Carolyn for over a year now from her post on various Starlight Express boards on the net. Even though myself and several other StEx fans have not agreed with her opinions on occasion I can honestly say she is not a shill. Notice I said we did not always agree with her opinion on certain things but she is entitled to have her own views just like we are. No one is going to like the same things all the time.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You