pixeltracker

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour

JudasIscariot Profile Photo
JudasIscariot
#0Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 1/30/06 at 12:19pm

Wow, I went to see 'Joseph...' last night at the Hippodrome in Baltimore, Maryland and I was blown away! If anyone is considering actually seeing this, I recommend it fully. It was a fun night, with fun music. Joseph is a great show and this production very superb.

Amy Adams - She was the best part of the evening as the narrator. It is obvious that this girl can sing, she blew everyone in the theatre away MULTIPLE times. She is probably the best narrator I've heard, and I have heard many of them. Just hearing her is worth the price of the ticket alone.

Patrick Cassidy - This guy is great. I'd heard all those negative reviews about him, so I was a little reluctant when I came in, but I was quickly impressed with his performance. I expecially like his, 'Any Dream...' and 'Close Every...'. He's a nice guy too, got to meet him after the show.

The brothers were great, and Pharaoh was HILARIOUS! Overall, the show is just very good, and very fun. You should go.

www.xanga.com/brandinian
Go here for pics!

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#1re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 1/30/06 at 12:25pm

i loved this show, the show is just magic, even tho Amy was amazing in the show, if i compare her to Maria Friedman or Linzi Hateley, these 2 last actresses took the singing to the next level, and Amy just did it well. But yes, i totally agree that Amy Adams is the best part of the show, she hits all the high notes.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Ourtime992 Profile Photo
Ourtime992
#2re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 1/30/06 at 1:53pm

There is a great review on the baltimore regional page (baltimore.broadwayworld.com). The Baltimore Sun gave it negative marks but the BWW reviewer gave it an unqualified rave.
BWW review

Expressboy69
#3re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 1/30/06 at 3:08pm

I saw it in Fl and it was great! Patrick Cassidy is in awesome shape for his age! WOW!

Compose4Life
#4re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 1/30/06 at 8:55pm

I LOVED Amy Adams, but Patrick Cassidy and the guy who played the Pharoah were HORRIBLE! All my friends who I was with were cringing because these guys were singing SO flat. Even the man next to me said something to me. Maybe there was something wrong with the monitors and they couldn't hear?! I dunno, but I was really dissapointed. Amy Adams was flawless though.

OasisBroadway
#5re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 2/10/06 at 10:27am

Any other thoughts on this show? I am thinking of going to see it when it is here in Philadelphia. In general though I am not a huge an of ALW that is the only thing holding me back so far. So compared to his other shows, how would you rate this one?

richs52 Profile Photo
richs52
#6re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 2/10/06 at 1:42pm

Also, I thought I saw from postings on this board that they recorded the show with this cast, and were selling the CDs. Any idea where someone can get a copy other than at the show?

Many thanks.

brdlwyr
#7re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 2/10/06 at 1:56pm

Amy was out when I saw it in Chicago. The understudy was dreadful. Patrick was good, but I found the entire thing insipid and I love the music. I am glad that you enjoyed.

liotte Profile Photo
liotte
#8re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 2/10/06 at 2:13pm

Ditto on brdlwyr- I also saw it in Chicago with the narrator understudy. I love the music but this production was just too over the top for me.

wicked1
#9re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 2/10/06 at 10:08pm

That's all good to hear. I was debating on whether or not to see it when it comes near me. I'm definitely leaning towards seeing it now!

Stexer1974
#10re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 2/10/06 at 10:49pm

For those that wanted to know where they can get the new tour's soundtrack....

http://www.thebroadwaycollection.com/pacainjoanda.html

I am expecting mine anyday now.

misto625 Profile Photo
misto625
#11re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 2/10/06 at 11:18pm

Who is the narrator understudy? I saw the tour in Boston and I liked some parts of it and other parts I thought they could have done better or differently. Overall, I love this show a lot though.

Dean: Can I tell you something? Lorraine: That depends on what it is. Dean: I think you're really really pretty. Lorraine: (after a pause) Ok, you can tell me that.

astonishing1985 Profile Photo
astonishing1985
#12re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 2/10/06 at 11:21pm

I saw it in D.C. in October and it was awesome!
Amy was by far the best thing about this production

Hartt School class of 2010 ;-)

QMAN03 Profile Photo
QMAN03
#13re: Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Tour
Posted: 2/11/06 at 1:24am

To the person who asked how does this compare to his other ones, this is by far the best. I am not a huge fan of ALW (I avoided the Woman in White like the plague), but I still love this show. It really doesn't feel like an ALW show (which is a good thing for me).

Videos