WE WILL ROCK YOU

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#0WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 1:35am

This show is going to be hot. What an amazing cast. Woohoo for Jason "Wooty" Wooten!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/88264.html

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher
Updated On: 9/8/04 at 01:35 AM

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#1re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 8:08am

This show will rock an ass-lickin good time!

emmamia Profile Photo
emmamia
#2re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 10:30am

the show is great these days ... since previews its changed for the better and i cant wait to see it again tonight!!! the cast and crew are really nice and they really are working hard!

~*~ Little Boys Who Play With Fire Get Their Fingers Burned ~*~ Tanya (Mamma Mia)

BwayTheatre11
#3re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 10:40am

I hope this production succeeds!

CCM '10!

CarolynW Profile Photo
CarolynW
#4re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 4:14pm

Las Vegas Sun review from a preview show. The official opening is tonight. Check out the link below for Jerry's review.

"WE WILL ROCK YOU" A GREATEST-WIT COLLETION AT PARIS
By Jerry Fink

I will be seeing the show tonight and hope to have my review up by tomorrow.

Yours,

Carolyn
http://vegasartscorner.com

Las Vegas Sun Review Updated On: 9/12/04 at 04:14 PM

Karma76 Profile Photo
Karma76
#5re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 4:39pm

I can not stop listening to the CD i will tell you. what has changed for the US version.

ok i read the article with the changes,let us know how it is with the changes. I always found the story..eh. May i ask too on the cd before we will rock you, there is this...I do not know noises before it starts, why are they there, what is going on at the part cause haha it bothers me on that song cause I can not visualize what is going on. Updated On: 9/8/04 at 04:39 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#6re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 5:21pm

Galileo is the role of a lifetime. I heard the plasma screens are friggin' amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are the champions - my friend
And we'll keep on fighting till the end
We are the champions
We are the champions
No time for losers
'Cause we are the champions of the world
- QUEEN

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

JakeB
#7re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 5:49pm

You heard wrong. The plasma screens open your eyes for about 2 seconds, then you slip back into your lull, realising that the rest of the show actually is going to be as bad as all the reviewers made out.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#8re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 5:59pm

Thank you Killer Queen! re: WE WILL ROCK YOU

#9re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/8/04 at 7:50pm

Yes JakeB..it is a snooze...It did NOT rock me.

CarolynW Profile Photo
CarolynW
#10re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/9/04 at 9:00pm

My final review is up.

I do not understand how anyone could sleep through the Las Vegas production, unless the replies above are about the London show. It rocked as far as I am concerned and many other Las Vegas. The after party was fantastic too!

Yours,

Carolyn
My review of WWRY Updated On: 9/12/04 at 09:00 PM

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#11re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 1:34am

Thanks for the review. This show is awsome.

Al Dente Profile Photo
Al Dente
#12re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 8:15am

I heard it's a complete turkey and I tend to believe that as this has been a project that's been kicking around, literally, for years.

leomaxfrank Profile Photo
leomaxfrank
#13re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 10:11am

and it's too bad - Tony Vincent sings the hell out of it

But I won't live alone in a house of regret.

G Profile Photo
G
#14re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 10:22am

You can say what you like about the book (and yes, it is AWFUL beyond belief), but thanks to the music and the arrangements the show is a blast! And with a largely American cast it can only be more fun.

Karma76 Profile Photo
Karma76
#15re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 12:23pm

any opening night photos up???

BWayBoy88
#16re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 3:02pm

Ive never seen this show or heard the CD, but my problem with this show is that no will be able to match Freddy Murcury's amazing vocals. I love Queen but that is mostly because of his voice and what he brings to these songs.

Iris Chacon
#17re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 3:21pm

It is awful. Horrible. A peice of basura! This is entertainment for the stupid . DO NOT WAIST YOUR MONEY!

Kiss it baby. Kiss it now!

CarolynW Profile Photo
CarolynW
#18re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 4:45pm

Just curious how many people who say the show is bad have seen it in Las Vegas? This show has only had one offical showing that was Sept. 8, 2004 the gala opening and it was invited guests only. This is not the London show this is a new show for Las Vegas. Anyway, many people liked it including people who are big names.

Also to the person who said no one can replace Freddie...well, the show was not written to replace Freddie. It is a musical based on the future with Queen songs in it and references to lyrcis from their songs.

As I said in my review "different strokes for different folks."

Also, previews do not count as they made several changes during previews. Costumes even changed from the photos they have given me to put in my review.

My assoicate who never heard the music of Queen loves it. he wants to go back. He did not like Mamma Mia! This is not Mamma Mia! We rocked and I think if you like rock & roll you will like this show. Freddie's family felt he would like the show too, plus Brian and Roger and the other member have all been involved in the project here.

BTW no photos from the show are online that I know of some publicity photos, I have on my site. But you will start seeing promo videos on music TV programs. VH1 was at the show and they probably shot footage of the after party. I know some people in Australia have seen footage from the Las Vegas production on TV there.

Yours,

Carolyn

Vegas' Arts & Entertainment Corner Updated On: 9/12/04 at 04:45 PM

Iris Chacon
#19re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 5:03pm

I saw the invited dress last week. The show is bad. Midly entertaining. Spend your money elsewhere. ( even blackjack is more fun)

Kiss it baby. Kiss it now!

broadwayguy2
#20re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 5:04pm

ha ha ha ha ha ha

CarolynW Profile Photo
CarolynW
#21re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 5:51pm

Hello Iris,

Also, thank you for calling me stupid, because I like the show. It is nice to know that a person can have different views from another and then get called stupid because they do:)

Well, there are still a few hundred people that did like the show. What I found really interesting was watching the Paris Hotel executives in their expensive suits rocking with the rest of us:) So I guess we are all stupid.

Exactly what don't you like about the show? You have not mentioned that.

What shows in Las Vegas would you recommend people see instead of WWRY? Right now if people have seen Mamma Mia! there are no other theatre shows here at this time. But we have some coming.

Yours,

Carolyn Updated On: 9/12/04 at 05:51 PM

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#22re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 10:43pm

We Will Rock you was changed for its Melbourne premiere last year too. Most of the changes (we were told) were for the then mooted US production. Other than that the changes were to bring in some local references. If you think this show is good you must really be starved for entertainment.

CarolynW Profile Photo
CarolynW
#23re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 11:49pm

What I do not like is people putting down a show they never saw. If you live in Melbourne then you get more theatre than we do. We are just getting some shows, but these are the types of shows we get. Ones that will attract tourist. I love rock & roll and to me it was like a concert and that is fine with me. I know people who have seen the show who are from London and Australia and they love it also. What is wrong with liking a show. Does not mean I am starved for entertainment. We are getting Phantom of the opera too. We only get about 4 to 5 toruing productions a year in Las Vegas.

I only asked a person who said people who like the show are stupid. I asked what they did not like about the show. I ask you the same thing. It has gotten some good reviews. I never put down a show I have never seen. I have been involved with theatre, films and music for something like 40 years. I now do reviews of films, music and theatre type productions in Las Vegas. I do it because I like to not because I am paid to do it.

This cast is made up of people who have worked on Broadway and they are enjoying doing this show. Guess they are also starved for entertainment:)

Rob knows me and I just do not like people who say a show is bad, it sucks without telling why. I am not saying anyone is right or wrong. But give a reason you do not like a show.

This show was funny no one said it was the best show in the world. But it is fun. People come to Las Vegas to have fun. Right now most of the shows in town are by Cirque du Soleil and people are getting tired of the same type of shows. We are also getting "Avenue Q" here. We may one day have some traditional musicals, but right now I am enjoying what I can.

I only came on here because people were bashing a show that had only been open one day. Most have not even seen it. Since the opening was an invitation only event.

Yours,

Carolyn

Chrysanthemum62001
#24re: WE WILL ROCK YOU
Posted: 9/10/04 at 11:57pm

I would LOVE to see this.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Videos