News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for venticelli

venticelli Profile Photo
Member Name: venticelli
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: www.theonion.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: FANGS FOR NOTHING, FRANK - nypost.com  Dec 15 2004, 08:30:29 AM
this is too much. the only thing that was the least bit likable was the cast. it may be HIS music, but it's a slap in the face to the people involved in the show. let's all cringe in advance for whatever public domain piece he plans on setting to pop music next.
re: drew lachey  Oct 20 2004, 04:38:09 PM
I'm kind of ashamed of this! I went into Rent expecting Drew Lachey to be weak, and he was really, really good. I was thoroughly impressed and I hope that ya'll get down to the Nederlander to see this particular cast. They're wonderful.
re: 'Pointless' Songs in Musicals  Oct 11 2004, 04:54:33 PM
Dancing Through Life - just pointless, and it also feels like they're singing this one for the better part of three days
re: Most disappointed?  Oct 11 2004, 04:52:06 PM
I was very disappointed by The Producers. I guess it's incredibly difficult to live up to that kind of hype/buzz - still a fun show.
re: Kristin @ Carnegie Hall- My Review- 9/10  Sep 11 2004, 09:51:38 AM
hey - thanks a lot for the review Testing - I know so many people that wanted to get into the city for that show, but our schedules clashed. It sounds like another great performance from Kristin - hope to see her again soon.
re: What is the Price of a Producers Program  Sep 11 2004, 09:46:21 AM
seems like ridiculous prices all around for those items. I agree with Chris - for the program definitely go to broadwaynewyork.com, and as far as the DVD goes - you can get that for $10 at a number of stores. enjoy the show.
re: Wicked Tickets  Sep 6 2004, 02:15:54 PM
you can always get tickets at sites like neversoldout.com, and stubhub.com - they're both very reliable, but you'll end up overpaying in most cases. depends on how bad you want to get in to certain shows
re: Fiddler Closing..why?  Sep 3 2004, 04:39:20 PM
somebody crown popcultureboy - for he is king!
re: Woah! New tour Maureen mighty fine...  Sep 3 2004, 04:32:11 PM
for the tour's sake - hopefully this is a case of looks and talent going hand-in-hand. she certainly is smoking
ouch...  Aug 31 2004, 05:57:05 AM
yes - oh how did I forget uncle jessie himself? Stamos was awful in H2Succeed!
Ricky Martin in Les Mis

re: Heres one: Best Show Endings...  Aug 30 2004, 08:03:53 PM
POTO (this was my first show - the ending floored me.)
Les Mis
Wicked
Rent

re: Licked tickets  Aug 29 2004, 04:55:43 PM
I love this thread! And NO - the rear Mezz seats most definetly do not get licked! It's best that we don't ask what they do with those. Coincidently - Mickey Dolenz licks Aida tickets all the time - but be forewarned - he asks you for a 5 spot.
re: Casting 'Les Miz' Today  Aug 29 2004, 04:51:03 PM
"The other thing with Les Mis is that it doesn't leave much room for a performer to add anything "cute" or take liberties to make themselves standout."

Great point regarding this show Broadway Matt - this factor alone would eliminate Rip Taylor entirely! I don't think the world is ready for a Valjean who is armed with his trusty confetti gun! oh the evils of stunt casting

re: Wicked-lover bashers  Aug 29 2004, 09:38:46 AM
Millie - let me throw a well-earned "amen" your way. My whole take on Wicked obsessed kids runs true to yours. It's funny how ridiculously mad people get when it comes to true fans of that show. I always want to implore people in my most strained voice, "Duuuude - let them be." I personally like the fact that this show gets people excited about going to the theatre, and it truly is conducive to developing an interest in other productions. Like you said - hopefully these kids grow up support
re: 8 Favorite Modern Broadway Performers  Aug 29 2004, 09:22:05 AM
Brian Stokes Mitchell
Davis Gaines
Douglass Sills
Kristin Chenoweth
Kerry Butler
Kevin Kline
Gary Beach
Idina Menzel

re: christy carlson romano  Aug 29 2004, 09:15:47 AM
uuggghhh Lizzie as Belle? Oh you know some evil person is trying to make that happen for whatever reason. I guess the ONLY thing good about Aida closing is that it will close before they tried to get "That's So Raven" Symone (sp? who cares?) in that show.
re: i just found out  Aug 29 2004, 09:11:52 AM
I liked Hunchback, and I'd really like to see it staged. Some of those songs were really good pieces - God Save the Outcasts, and Hellfire were great tunes. Trying to think who would make a good Frollo. lots of similarities between his charcater and Hugo's other obsessive law-man, Javert
re: Has anyone seen THE SCARLET PIMPERNEL  Aug 29 2004, 09:05:15 AM
Doug Sills Percy was indeed perfection - good luck with your production!
re: If you want a show to close...  Aug 29 2004, 01:26:50 AM
I said that he wasn't the sole reason the show closed. He certainly contributed - he's very bad.
re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED  Aug 29 2004, 01:25:15 AM
JC - calm down all you Wicked haters - you'll live longer. You actually come off more ridiculous than the wicked-heads when you get all riled up! Grey originally extended his contract through to January, but then he became ill. The last I heard is that his leave was in fact indefinite.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You