drew lachey

Angel Dumott Schunard
#0drew lachey
Posted: 10/17/04 at 9:37pm

Are there any dates when he's not in RENT in December, or any day of the week that he does not perform?

Kris2 Profile Photo
Kris2
#1re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/17/04 at 10:09pm

You just missed his vacation which ended this past Saturday. I don't think he's taking any more time off and no, he doesn't have a specified day off during the week or anything. He doesn't call out a whole lot.

mint0621 Profile Photo
mint0621
#2re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/17/04 at 10:20pm

dang it, i missed matt caplan too!

is Drew on Rent till march?

meagan9848 Profile Photo
meagan9848
#3re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/17/04 at 10:55pm

I've heard he's really good, my friends and I are going down just to see him this friday!

Idina: Somehow I got myself to the stage, came out at the end of the show, and I had some kind of closure.
Some guy: You looked great!
Idina: Thanks...I WAS SO HIGH! 8/21/05

Jess1483
#4re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/17/04 at 11:47pm

I just saw the matinee today w/Drew, and he was actually quite impressive. I'll post a full review in a little bit, but I just got back to school, like, 10 minutes ago.

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

brdwyfan Profile Photo
brdwyfan
#5re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/20/04 at 1:47pm

I will be seeing drew's performance in about 2 weeks...how is he? I'm feeling a little nervous about it. If you could set my mind at ease that would be great...but honesty is great too and I want to know what I'm in for. Thanks.

2day4u9704301 Profile Photo
2day4u9704301
#6re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/20/04 at 2:22pm

In all honesty, Drew is quite possibly my favorite Mark.

*gasp* *shock* I know!

I thought he acted the part REALLY well! A lot of emotion I had never seen before in the show. And his singing was much better than what I heard from Bryant Park, etc. He has definitely made the role his own!

Quite honestly, this cast is the best one I have seen, so far! You will enjoy it! re: drew lachey

venticelli Profile Photo
venticelli
#7re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/20/04 at 4:38pm

I'm kind of ashamed of this! I went into Rent expecting Drew Lachey to be weak, and he was really, really good. I was thoroughly impressed and I hope that ya'll get down to the Nederlander to see this particular cast. They're wonderful.

"What could a computer do with a lifetime supply of chocolate? I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do with a lifetime supply of chocolate!"

More Cowbell Profile Photo
More Cowbell
#8re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/20/04 at 4:56pm

I saw him at Bryant Park and was totally unimpressed, but maybe he was having a bad day because everyone I know who saw him in the show said he's AMAZING. I'm trying the Friday lottery to judge for myself. re: drew lachey

Jess1483
#9re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/20/04 at 6:40pm

brdwyfan--no worries, that's how I felt last week. 2Day had told me that Drew was really good and I totally wasn't buying it (not that i didn't believe you 2Day...) But I'm with 2Day in saying he's probably the best Mark I've seen. Really solid. The whole cast right now is pretty solid (you can read my review, you'll have to search for it. I posted it on Sunday night/Monday morning.) The cast just seems to be having tons of fun together. The chemistry between Drew and Jeremy is awesome!

Why do we play with fire? Why do we run our fingers through the flame? Why do we leave our hands on the stove, although we know we're in for some pain? -tick...tick...BOOM!

dapapabear2 Profile Photo
dapapabear2
#10re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/21/04 at 2:03am

This is one of the better casts I have seen in that show. I thought Drew was good though I kept thinking he was wearing a fake nose. I was especially thrilled to see someone playing Mimi again who could actually do her justice.

"They said the war by now would all be over They said one day our land would be reborn But looking now at all that we have sacrificed There's nothing left but a world forever torn" Justin Murphy

timote316
#11re: drew lachey
Posted: 10/21/04 at 11:11am

Good to hear he's good. I was nervous for the show lol.