JOEL GREY'S RETURN TO WICKED

Derek2
#0JOEL GREY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:00am

I dont know if this has been mentioned before. I tried searching and I came across nothing. Does anyone know when Joel is expected to return to Wicked or what he has? I feel bad for him. He's a great entertainer (even though I love George). I was just curious if anyone has heard any news...is he even coming back to Wicked? Thanks for any info :) Updated On: 8/29/04 at 12:00 AM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#1re: JOEL GREY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:01am

I thought he wasn't?

A work of art is an invitation to love.

aspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
#2re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED

I don't believe he's coming back.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED

I dont know if he IS coming back.

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#4re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:02am

I still dont understand the replacing Grey with Hearn.

They are both terriffic, but such different kinds of performers with completely different voice types.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#5re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED

he's done for now. his contract ended when he was sick! STOP POSTING WICKED CRAP!!! PUT IT IN ONE OF THE OTHER 10 MILLION WICKED THREADS!!!!!!!

Derek2
#6re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED

O ok lol. I thought he was just taking leave...guess not. Thanks

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#7re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:03am

CATS, are you PMSing tonight?

re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#8re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:04am

Another furball re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#9re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED

Cats, people can post whatever they want. I wouldnt blow up if there were 298170310312 Ave. Q posts. Just dont read them if they dont interest you. Sheesh.

ChicagoManic Profile Photo
ChicagoManic
#10re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED

"STOP POSTING WICKED CRAP!!! PUT IT IN ONE OF THE OTHER 10 MILLION WICKED THREADS!!!!!!"

Whats more annoying than the Wicked posts, are posts screaming about how many Wicked posts there are. But this question also could have been answered Google.

Carrie: Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have to let go of who you are to become who you will be.

Derek2
#11re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:07am

I didnt find any answers on Google. Not about if he was coming back or not. I tried the Wicked site too. Have u ever come across a page? If so can you let me know :) Thanks Chicago

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#12re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:07am

Trust me ChicagoManic, they are all annoying in their own specail way. It has been a bit more crazy than usual around here tonight especially in the last half hour or so. Updated On: 8/29/04 at 12:07 AM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:08am

I thought he left Wicked for good. But I did read somewhere it was an extended leave of absence. I'm sure he left for good, though.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#14re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:09am

do cats PMS??? seriously... I've never seen a cat with a tampax before....

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#15re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:15am

He definitely left for good.

Derek2
#16re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:16am

Thanks guys :)...ha, for good...get it?.....ok no lol, tough crowd tonight

insomniak
ChicagoManic Profile Photo
ChicagoManic
#18re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:19am

Derek if you go to Wicked's offical site, they have bios for the cast. George Hearns is up for the Wizard. Everytime a cast member has been out (Idina for filming etc, Norbert from back trouble). They usually say if the person is coming back. George's doesnt. ALso the pictures of the New Cast has only George Hearn and not Joel Grey. If he was coming back they wouldn't have taken him out completely.

Carrie: Maybe the past is like an anchor holding us back. Maybe, you have to let go of who you are to become who you will be.

xluckystar2107x Profile Photo
xluckystar2107x
#19re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:20am

jeez take a midol.
you can post what you want but it would be apreciated if the new wicked thread is used.

mebice Profile Photo
mebice
#20re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:23am

Guys...don't be so definite...i talked to a couple cast member backstage a week ago..and he's coming back in january

"Hold up your head. Never be afraid to shine. Viva la difference in my body and my mind. All out with loneliness Such a waste of time. Come in from the outside" ~ Taboo

Derek2
#21re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:26am

Yeah this post was made before the new Wicked post was made. If u want u can continue it there (only if u have more info). Just direct it to me or ill go right past it lol. Thanks :)

It's obvious people get touchy on this site so we can take this there. The idea of starting a Wicked post was a good idea

#22re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 12:39am

damn. get over it.

Derek2
#23re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 1:02am

Me?? Oh sorry, I didnt mean for my last post to sound mean. I just know people can be a little touchy about Wicked. Im just happy that theres a post where everyone can discuss it in piece without worrying who is going to yell at u :)

venticelli Profile Photo
venticelli
#24re: JOEL GERY'S RETURN TO WICKED
Posted: 8/29/04 at 1:25am

JC - calm down all you Wicked haters - you'll live longer. You actually come off more ridiculous than the wicked-heads when you get all riled up! Grey originally extended his contract through to January, but then he became ill. The last I heard is that his leave was in fact indefinite.

"What could a computer do with a lifetime supply of chocolate? I am now telling the computer exactly what it can do with a lifetime supply of chocolate!"