News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayDreams2

BroadwayDreams2 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayDreams2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: RENT Tour
 Sep 22 2006, 02:51:14 PM
broadway_show_fan, who are you? Sheila went to my college too. We were all so excited when she got the part! I haven't seen her in Rent but I've heard her sing while she was at school. A few minor flaws but obviously she's good enough to stay in the cast! Yay Sheila!
re: Equity casting nonequity actors
 Sep 22 2006, 02:37:56 PM
There is an open call scheduled for the Little Mermaid? When is that?
re: Equity casting nonequity actors
 Sep 21 2006, 08:10:51 PM
So, basically if I can afford it, it won't matter if I have my card or not? What are the odds of them actually casting me though?
Equity casting nonequity actors
 Sep 21 2006, 06:06:39 PM
Is there any point in my going to an Equity audition if I don't have my Equity card? Do they ever see nonequity actors? For this specific time, I want to audition for The Little Mermaid and I don't have my equity card. Should I bother?
Wedding Singer or Tarzan?
 Jul 25 2006, 01:11:44 PM
I'm taking my boyfriend to his first Broadway show on August 5th. We're either seeing The Wedding Singer or Tarzan because we can get rush tickets for them. The only problem is that we can't decide which to go to. He doesn't like typical musicals (Phantom of the Opera would put him to sleep). He liked Rent and really wanted to see Spamalot but we can't get tickets. Which show would be a better choice? I've heard the same mixed reviews of both so any help you can provide, I'd be really grateful!
re: Musicals about the roaring twenties
 Jul 25 2006, 12:48:54 PM
Theres a little known musical that my high school did a few years ago called Flapper. It's REALLY cheesy but cute anyway.
Good belting song for an alto/soprano
 Oct 24 2005, 04:12:16 PM
I am an 18 year old female. I need a good belting song (preferably) to sing in my voice class. I am a soprano w/ a low E to high G range but I am more comfortable in the lower notes. An alto ranged song would probably work also. Does anyone know a good song for me?
Is All Kidding Aside a play?
 Sep 12 2005, 12:41:08 PM
I found a monologue that I really like but am not sure if the play it's from is actually a play. The web site says it's by Charles R. Johnson but he doesnt seem to be very well known either. Is "All Kidding Aside" a play?
re: Monologues from musicals
 Sep 6 2005, 12:05:16 PM
Bumping this cuz I really need help!
I need Monologue help!!
 Sep 6 2005, 11:46:50 AM
I was wondering if there were any good monologues from musicals that would be appropriate for am 18 year old female. I need to do a monologue for my acting class and the professor wants us to really dig into it. I find that I can get more involved with musicals so I am trying to find a monologue from a musical. Any ideas?

Has anyone heard of Julia Wood?
 Jul 11 2005, 10:06:46 AM
I am doing a show with my community players. We're doing 42nd Street and the directors went to NY and brought back Julia Wood who has supposedly been in lots of Broadway shows. I agree, she can sing, dance, and act but I haven't been able to find anything on her past experience. Are there any websites where I can do a search and see what she's been in?

religious broadway songs
 Jun 27 2005, 12:56:33 PM
I am a 17 year old soprano. I have been asked to sing in my church. Are there any Broadway songs I can sing that have a religious or could be considered religious topic? (EX: You'll Never Walk Alone)
re: Wicked Fans Only!
 Apr 18 2005, 05:40:50 PM
I think As Long as You're Mine is pretty essential considering that Elphie and Fiyero's relationship is the reason Galinda wants revenge in the first place. I think it'd have to be The wizard and I, defying gravity, as long as you're mine, and for good. If 5 is possible, then add in Popular since it represents Elphaba and Galinda's newfound friendship.
re: Comedic Monologues
 Apr 16 2005, 09:39:16 AM
I just went through the same process. I used the coathanger sculpture monologue from You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown. Another good one is I wish I were a queen from You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown.
Traditional Musical Theatre Repertoire?
 Apr 3 2005, 08:35:47 AM
For my college audition, I need a song from the traditional musical theatre repertoire. What exactly is traditional? Is the Music Man traditional? Chicago? What's traditional?
Is Oleanna contemporary and realistic?
 Mar 27 2005, 11:46:17 AM
I am looking for a contemporary realistic play from which to get a monologue. Would Oleanna fit that category? I havent read the play but I know a monologue from it that I already have memorized. If not, can anyone give me ideas for a good monologue?
I saw Cats!
 Mar 8 2005, 10:30:53 AM
I want my money back! It took until half way through the second act to figure out the plot and by that time the play was over. The only good part was Memory. The woman who played Grizabella had a wonderful voice. The crescendo into "Touch Me!" was enough to send chills up my spine. How did that run on Broadway for so long?????
Bklyn karaoke/vocal selections
 Feb 10 2005, 06:37:38 PM
Is the Brooklyn songbook or karaoke out by any chance? I am considering using Once Upon A Time in a talent show and could use the music for it.
How old is Sutton Foster?
 Jan 26 2005, 09:23:10 AM
It's faster to ask on the board than it would be to search google.
re: Good High School Musicals
 Jan 6 2005, 09:39:25 PM
If you dont mind an unknown, Flapper is good. It's really cheesy, but it's cute. The music isnt too hard, the dancing is fun, and it has lots of characters so there is lots of room for extras. My high school just got finished with it and it was said to be the best musical we've done since our new director started. Oklahoma is good too, but really overdone. I also suggest Peter Pan, Cinderella, The Boyfriend, and Grease (which is also a bit overdone but fun anyway)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You