News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kev14

Kev14 Profile Photo
Member Name: Kev14
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: A show you wish you had seen
 May 27 2009, 09:16:46 PM
Grey Gardens
A Tale of Two Cities

re: What's the most number of shows you've seen in a single month?
 Aug 27 2008, 06:05:04 PM
I average about two shows a month. My most shows are usually when I take a trip to NYC and pack my schedule with shows!
Not yet an evening of solid theatre
 Aug 27 2008, 04:08:51 PM
It sounds like great news they cut the resurectionist number. I don't really like those numbers in epic shows. I LOATHE Master of the House and Boys will be Boys. So it sounds like a huge step in the right direction!

re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
 Aug 27 2008, 03:38:58 PM
Man I feel sorry for the box office folks who are going to have to exchange all those tickets.

I remember two years ago we got a huge snow storm in Denver that cancelled one days performances of All Shook Up, and the phone lines to the box office and everything was a mess with people trying to swap out their tickets. And that was nothing compared go 9 to 5.

My sympathies

re: If you had a choice...
 Aug 27 2008, 03:16:09 PM
Take everyone else's advice and see Billy Elliot. I think it will end up being a huge success. Although I would start getting tickets NOW, they are going to be going fast. I already have mine for December.
re: A TALE OF TWO CITIES - Second Preview - 8/20/08
 Aug 21 2008, 11:03:58 AM
WAT, great review!!!!

All of these reviews are getting me really excited for this show! It sounds like the producers have been making the most out of their out of town tryout and previews. I can't wait to hear your reports on how this show evolves!

re: Robert Reviews 'A Tale of Two Cities' First Preview!
 Aug 20 2008, 02:12:36 PM
I haven't seen the show. But my first thought would be that not having an epilogue would leave the audience with strong emotions at the end of the story. I feel as though sometimes shows shoot themselves in the foot by continuing the show after a good place to stop. It sounds from some of the reviewers this is a good place to stop. Besides there is something attractive about not answering every question. But I haven't seen the show, so that's is just my first impression
re: A Tale of Two Cities First Preview
 Aug 20 2008, 11:42:54 AM
I really hope that producers make the most out of previews to hammer out some of these issues. I think it can be really good if they keep focused on the artistic aspect of the show.

Also, it is going to be pretty difficult to develop all of the characters, there are a ton of them in book!

re: Robert Reviews 'A Tale of Two Cities' First Preview!
 Aug 20 2008, 11:32:48 AM
Great review!

I am excited for the production and think it can be amazing if it is done right. Sounds like they might be on the right foot.

I can't wait to hear more buzz about this show as more people begin seeing it.

re: White Christmas?
 Aug 19 2008, 05:57:35 PM
"There is no talks of rush and lottery yet... do you think that they will offer that?"

They might have a lottery and stuff but if you really want to see this don't chance it. Especially since you are going at a busy time of year. Keep and eye on playbill and broadwaybox and you might be able to find a discount code (you never know)

re: Mamma Mia! The Movie Sing-Along Version In Theaters 8/29
 Aug 19 2008, 05:51:57 PM
This sounds like an awful idea to me. An entire theater of pitchy singers singing ABBA. I personally hate it when people are too loud with their candy, let along singing along with the movie

re: When is Broadway the busiest?
 Aug 19 2008, 05:42:36 PM
Don't expect to find anything that easily the week between Christmas and New Years. The line for TKTS is always huge and they sell everything. Also if you look at show schedules a lot of shows raise their prices for this time period. If you want to go in December, I would recommend like the secondish week of December.

When I go to NY in March it's dead. There was no line for TKTS, you could walk up right before a show and get great tickets. Also I found some great promotions. If

re: Which one...
 Aug 19 2008, 05:33:02 PM
Broadwayfanatic- I saw a version of White Christmas in Denver. It was very similar to the movie. I for one was not a big fan. Given the choice I would see something else. But then again, I am not a big fan of the movie either. If you really like the movie then I bet you will like a stage version of it.

There are a lot of great shows that he would probably like, but I have no idea what you guys have seen. Here are some of my thoughts: A Tale of Two Cities, Jersey Boys, Hairspray,

re: 13: anyone interested?
 Aug 15 2008, 04:18:23 PM
Having not created the thread I don't know why they started it.

I can say the thing that made me first open the thread was to see what other people were saying who are looking forward to this show.

Aug 15 2008, 04:11:36 PM
I dont think anyone was bashing or attacking this show; rather, expressing their own interest in it. It's okay for people to have different interests, talk about them etc.

I personally hope that it does bring a new audience to Broadway but I am a little upset that their cheapest ticket is about $76. This is likely to exclude the people from seeing the show who would have the most to gain from it: teenagers

On a side note: I for one loved the Little Mermaid :-P

Aug 15 2008, 03:07:22 PM
I am hoping that 13 is a suprise!

If I could use my time machine only once I doubt I would use it on Last 5 Years, but that show is one of my favorites!

Aug 15 2008, 01:44:56 PM
Who wouldn't take a time machine to see the Last 5 Years?
 Aug 15 2008, 12:56:40 PM
I am not interested in this show. Let alone would I want to fork out $100 for this show.

I am very impressed with an all teenage cast but the story does not excite me

Fairytales Can Be Rewritten
 Aug 15 2008, 12:07:39 PM
Thanks for the update!

I am really hoping they begin releasing more pictures of the production after the Sept 10 opening.

re: Hair Reviews
 Aug 8 2008, 04:21:52 PM
Thanks for the pics of the Delacorte Jay.

If this show does transfer to Broadway and took the Nederlander as some think, the whole WSS and Guys and Dolls theater problem would become that much more interesting.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You