pixeltracker

First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled

First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#1First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 1:59pm

Just got this email from Center Thetre Group:

"Unforeseen technical demands for 9 to 5: The Musical has necessitated a cancellation of the first three preview performances, Wednesday through Friday, September 3, 4 and 5.

Please contact Center Theatre Group Audience Services Hotline 213-972-4444 at your earliest convenience. We will exchange your tickets for another date."

fvalle24
#2re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 2:05pm

Beat me to it!

Sucks because the first performance is now on September 6th, and most of the Orchestra is sold out...It's impossible to get an equivalent ticket!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#2re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 2:08pm

Bummer, 9/5 was the only night I could go! Although, hmm- now this does free up 9/5 in my schedule for Vanities instead...

thanks for the warning!

TheatreFreak05 Profile Photo
TheatreFreak05
#3re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 3:09pm

So the opening show will be a matinée?

fvalle24
#4re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 3:31pm

The site shows that on September 6th, there is only one show, and that's the evening show. I guess that's going to be the world premiere.

Kev14 Profile Photo
Kev14
#5re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 3:38pm

Man I feel sorry for the box office folks who are going to have to exchange all those tickets.

I remember two years ago we got a huge snow storm in Denver that cancelled one days performances of All Shook Up, and the phone lines to the box office and everything was a mess with people trying to swap out their tickets. And that was nothing compared go 9 to 5.

My sympathies

Upcoming Shows: Quilters, A Bronx Tale, August: Osage County, Wicked, Spring Awakening, Little House on the Prairie

TheatreFreak05
#6re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 3:46pm

Great! I'll be at the premiere then! :)

Robert Taylor Profile Photo
Robert Taylor
#7re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 3:57pm

Good for them waiting to make it as perfect as possible.

californiasnow Profile Photo
californiasnow
#8re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 4:02pm

Usually good seats for shows at the Ahmanson turn up a day or two before the performances. So if you're looking for a particular date, I would recommend checking the website as often as possible beginning the afternoon of the day before you want to go. I've also sometimes found that calling for tickets somehow can get you better seats than going online. If anyone's going on 9/27 matinee or 10/12 evening, I'll see you there!

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#9re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 4:21pm

Man I feel sorry for the box office folks who are going to have to exchange all those tickets.

Just got off the phone to get my tix refunded, the phone staff could not have been nicer!!!

(fyi for those who need to get flat-out refunds, those not looking to do an exchange: if the rep can't find your order at first, have him/her look to see if you have an 'online credit.' Apparently all the orders from these three days have been turned into credits, and there they remain until you call in and either request to have it applied to a different date, or refunded. My order couldn't be found at first; just in case anyone else runs into that problem.)

fvalle24
#10re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 5:47pm

I called but could not make a decision on a date based on seating locations. I had REALLY good seats for the first show, kind of a bummer, but I’m sure the delay is necessary.

The staff is REALLY helpful and nice!! I hope no one gives them a hard time!

BigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
#11re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 10:13pm

GOD DAMMIT!!!!

I'm in L.A. right now and had tickets for the first preview! I had it all planned out to jump online when the curtain fell and tell you guys about what went down.. but now...

What great ones do the less will prattle of

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#12re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 10:32pm

As you may have read, I wasn't able to use my tickets for the 3rd and had to sell them.

I just want to jump in and give another compliment to the box office staff. They are really wonderful! The tickets are still under my name so I called right away when I got that email in the morning. They did their best to check on other dates and put seats on hold for me until I could reach the person who bought my tickets. Turns out the 3rd was the only day she could make it so I'll probably just get my card refunded and pay her back... but they were so accomodating!

Blonde, are you staying in L.A. long enough to try another day?

BigFatBlonde Profile Photo
BigFatBlonde
#13re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/27/08 at 10:52pm

Nope. Leaving on the 5th and booked solid on the 4th.

I've seen shows out of town before they reached Broadway, but I've ALWAYS wanted to see the FIRST out of town preview of a show I was eagerly anticipating.

Have a GREAT time everyone going on the 6th! I'll be waiting up to hear what you have to say!

What great ones do the less will prattle of

puppet
#14re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/28/08 at 12:23am

Could this have anything to do with Mark's falling through the trap door? Maybe the understudy is not ready?

miss pennywise Profile Photo
miss pennywise
#15re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/28/08 at 12:28am

"Could this have anything to do with Mark's falling through the trap door? Maybe the understudy is not ready?"

If it's really due to "technical problems," maybe the trap door isn't ready! re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled

"Be on your guard! Jerks on the loose!"

http://www.roches.com/television/ss83kod.html

"If any relationship involves a flow chart, get out of it...FAST!"

~ Best12Bars

Tkt2Ride Profile Photo
Tkt2Ride
#16re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 8/30/08 at 6:42pm

Indeed! Ouch! That had to hurt. Sorry you have to miss the opening Blonde but I'm looking forward to everyone's reviews too. I had an entire row removed for one show and ended up seated so close to the stage I could touch the Actors. They had a bottle of JD on stage and I was really needing a glass right about that time. I couldn't exchange my seat but the show was great. Stuff happens.

I just wanted to agree that the Ahmanson has some of the greatest staff around and I hope they are getting paid well. Wonderful customer service from everyone working there.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 9/4/08 at 6:06pm

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 06:06 PM

NGD2225 Profile Photo
NGD2225
#18re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 9/4/08 at 6:09pm

Damn, what is going on with 9to5?

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 9/4/08 at 6:10pm

Updated On: 5/2/09 at 06:10 PM

thevolleyballer
#20re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 9/4/08 at 6:32pm

Well there goes my chance of seeing this! I leave for Chicago on the 11th!

ScottInLA
#21re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 9/4/08 at 6:45pm

Oooh...I just snagged a ticket for the 11th the other day...hope there's a show to see that night!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#22re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 9/4/08 at 7:19pm

I have to first say that I feel really badly that all this is happening... for the box office workers, for the ticket holders (especially those who planned flights or can't switch dates), and for everyone involved with the show who I'm certain would rather be in front of an audience and starting off on a smoother note.

I guess I'm now seeing the first preview afterall so I'll make sure to give my thoughts afterwards.

singingbackup Profile Photo
singingbackup
#23re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 9/4/08 at 10:19pm

Same goes for me..seeing it on Tuesday...fingers crossed

TheatreFreak05
#24re: First three previews of 9 TO 5 cancelled
Posted: 9/4/08 at 10:57pm

CRAP!

Videos