News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Miphba

Miphba Profile Photo
Member Name: Miphba
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: New BKLYN sound clip
 Aug 26 2004, 10:25:53 PM
At Bryant Park the cast preformed all four songs that will eventually be avaliable online, and I decided that that performance would assist me in my decision of whether or not Brooklyn would be a show for me. After that performance, there was definatley no denying the cast's talent, but the songs didn't particularly appeal to me and I thus decided that I'll wait to see the show (as opposed to going in the opening months), or go during previews when I can get discounted tickets, and I have chose
Bryant Park 8/19
 Aug 18 2004, 03:26:07 PM
How does one know if the concert is going to be cancelled? I hear it is supposed to rain tommorow and should I assume that it is cancelled if it is, or just show up and hope for the best? Thanks for any info in advance.
re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
 Aug 18 2004, 02:22:02 PM
I don't worship Eden..quite yet, give me a few more songs and maybe I'll change my opinions :)...but you do have to acknowledge her abundace of talent, even if you don't particularly care for the song.
re: Rent Movie Casting
 Aug 17 2004, 11:43:38 PM
True- although I think Rent's plotline might appeal to teenagers and young adults- all the character's and ideas it present could be intriguing enough- then again if it comes down to Rent or Alien vs. Predator vs. additional evildoers that ensure a large amount of blood is shed, I highly doubt there will be much think time as to what they'd rather go see. My biggest problem, just in general, is that many people don't give musical's enough of a chance. To not pull this post completley off this t
 Aug 17 2004, 11:24:39 PM
Oh, and btw B-waygirl- I've been meaning to ask you where you got your quote from- I find it very amusing.
 Aug 17 2004, 11:23:30 PM
B-way Girl- Why do you think the movie will go nowhere fast with unknowns? The Broadway cast was essentially unknowns and I feel that the charcters would be most believable if you didn't have previous projects or ideas to attach them to. Even though its the actors job to make us believe them as the character and such, I just think that unknowns will take it one step further, and I'd rather people to go see Rent out of genuine interest then because a star's attached to it. I got really annoyed
 Aug 17 2004, 11:15:28 PM
I think I read it on the Wanna Be in Rent? Casting info description- I have read it somewhere...and her mom is spanish...I may have to check the book to make sure I haven't lied. Hehe yes, broadway has been known to lets say, overlook exact ethnicities, (sp. most def.) (Adam Pascal and Lisa Brescia as Egyptians anyone?) and I think, I'm trying to word this right, that as long as your not white, you can probably be seen as Mimi for Rent (by the producers at least). Just like in the movies, as l
 Aug 17 2004, 11:04:11 PM
Mimi is latin, Beyonce is not. I'm voting for talented unknowns.
re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
 Aug 17 2004, 07:12:40 PM
Does anyone know if this is definatley, in fact, the cast that will be preforming in Bryant Park on Thursday?
 Aug 15 2004, 08:21:45 PM
I fear that,although beautiful, a Bali relocation is not possible for myself- sorry amasis :)- Does anyone think its worth getting the only possibly affordable tickets for the rear balcony seating? I'm having an inner debate about whether I should, or if I won't be able to see anything, and should save my money and focus on Brooklyn tickets instead.
 Aug 15 2004, 08:00:03 PM
I really wish I had $2,500 to spare. What mere pocket change they're asking of me.
 Aug 15 2004, 07:57:37 PM
Forget where to find the tickets- I was too excited to scroll further down on the website and comprehend the website link to them- But this looks really good- I'm off to buy tickets now that I've overcome my own stupidity.
 Aug 15 2004, 07:55:05 PM
Where do I go for tickets? I really hope they're still avaliable its many of my prayers answered in one cast. Oh, and I second the abscence of clothes. :)
re: 'Aida' Script [PLEASE HELP!]
 Aug 12 2004, 12:42:32 AM
I think I'll bookmark this site too- thanks for sharing!
re: 'Aida' Script [PLEASE HELP!]
 Aug 12 2004, 12:31:41 AM
Thanks-I wouldn't mind having this in my possesion either.
re: Making It On Broadway - thoughts
 Aug 9 2004, 10:39:56 PM
I read this book a little while ago and my feelings mirrored those of Rathnait62,Scarlet, and Blue when speaking of the actors allowing themselves to goof off and act-up on stage inappropriatley- I specifically remembered the actors recalling games they used to play to make the show more interesting (i.e. tying shirts together in Les Miz, eating M&M's on the barricades, and trying to exit/ enter before a cue)and was upset- the audience is paying good money to watch you bring a character to life
re: song question
 Aug 9 2004, 10:05:13 PM
I love all those songs so I see why your having trouble. My personal favorite song of all time is Out Tonight, so I highly reccomend that, followed closely by Defying Gravity, great if your a power belter, which judging by your song selections it looks as though that is your forte. One Song Glory is great but seeing as you are female, it might be strange so in that case I'd choose either Popular, to show off your comedic side, or On My Own because if you can sing that, it's a powerful song, and
re: Brooklyn the Musical
 Aug 8 2004, 10:40:43 PM
Well, I am kinda broke too (I have $38.94-lol) but with a stroke of goodluck and lots of pleading I may be able to manipulate my mother into allowing me a payment plan :). I was looking for tickets (and for sundays at least) its not impossible to get tickets but they are definatley selling.
re: Brooklyn the Musical
 Aug 8 2004, 08:48:04 PM
This isn't about Bryant Park but...I'm thinking of getting Brooklyn tickets and after looking at what's avaliable for the time I want to go should i be getting center mezzanine B/ center orchestra row J/ or right orchestra A (seats 2-6 so right next to center)? Thanks in advance for any feedback.
re: Adam Pascal
 Aug 3 2004, 10:07:49 PM
he definatley knows how to put a lil' pep in my step- wow I'm so corny hehe- and I had a smile on afterwards big enough for all of Manhattan to see- I just hope my picture with him comes out alright! My aunt started to scare me telling me we weren't in focus and she might of chopped a head off...and I mean Adam's not mine.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You