New BKLYN sound clip

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#0New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:49pm

http://www.brooklynthemusical.com/mp3/BrooklynTheMusical-Streetsinger.mp3
If that wont work, go to http://www.brooklynthemusical.com/themusic.htm and download STREETSINGER.
I think it sounds pretty good, but not as good as Once Upon A Time. :) Updated On: 8/26/04 at 03:49 PM

LadyGuenevere
#1re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:53pm

Yawn. The Eden Show, I get it already.

I don't know- the song itself wasn't compelling, the lyrics weren't that good, I just wanted to turn it off halfway. The third song they put up has better convince me to see it- and it has to be GOOD. The first two songs were horrible, IMO.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:55pm

Having heard both songs live at the show when it premiered in Denver, I don't think the recorded versions do them justice. They are better live.

Just give the world Love.

BwayTheatre11
#3re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:56pm

Folks, the rest of the cast is just as amazing as Eden.

CCM '10!

WiCkEDrOcKS
#4re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:56pm

Ive said it so many times before and after listening to this clip again, I feel compelled to say it once more: EDEN CAN SING!!!!!!! My God! Her voice in both of these sound clips just blew me away.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#5re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 3:59pm

Eden most definitely can sing, but the songs themselves were just average.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:03pm

I really hope everyone doesn't go Eden crazy after the show opens!! The three women in the cast (original cast members) are outstanding. When I saw it, I was blown away by all 3 of them. The other 2 definetly deserve recognition.

LadyGuenevere
#7re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:04pm

People are already Eden crazy and the show hasn't OPENED here yet.

timote316
#8re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:05pm

I listened to the first one and wasn't that impressed. I don't know Updated On: 8/26/04 at 04:05 PM

WiCkEDrOcKS
#9re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:08pm

I thought Once Upon A Time was excellent and Eden was wonderful in it, but I must agree that the show will not fare so well if each song is as good as StreetSinger.

It was just mediocre, but in my opinion, I think we might have another TBFO situation where the show stinks but the lead actor is excellent (Eden).

#10re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 4:14pm

Believe me this show will not stink, this has been loved by everyone whom have seen it, not to worry, every show has its OK songs even though I like them both.

#11re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:00pm

This song may not be as good as "Once Upon A Time," but Eden sure can sing her ass off. My gosh!!

LadyGuenevere
#12re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:02pm

"Believe me this show will not stink, this has been loved by everyone whom have seen it, "

Want to make a bet on that?

zepka102 Profile Photo
zepka102
#13re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 5:05pm

i think the song is alright... still hoping for better though cuz i am curious about this show!

::bust a move::

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#14re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 6:02pm

Corny, very corny. I guess the songs are okay, but they are both hokey beyond belief.

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#15re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 6:07pm

After you see it on Broadway, then make your opinion on it.

*Kristen*

JANE2
#16re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 6:26pm

I'll say it again- I downloaded "Street Singer" and there is something with the recording that is not living up to what I heard in Denver. It's the most imaginative and innovated show to come along in decades! I guarantee that you will rush out to buy the cast album after seeing it for yourself!

Miphba Profile Photo
Miphba
#17re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/26/04 at 10:25pm

At Bryant Park the cast preformed all four songs that will eventually be avaliable online, and I decided that that performance would assist me in my decision of whether or not Brooklyn would be a show for me. After that performance, there was definatley no denying the cast's talent, but the songs didn't particularly appeal to me and I thus decided that I'll wait to see the show (as opposed to going in the opening months), or go during previews when I can get discounted tickets, and I have chosen to instead focus my attention and money on getting prime tickets for Bare, whose cast and music, both blew me away at the park.

Ustadance
#18re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/27/04 at 9:46am

Lady G - two friendly suggestions: 1) DON'T GO to the show as I'm sure no one needs all your negative energy thrown around the theater (and, I'm sure all the stuff you've written for and starred in on Bway is much better...) 2) A little therapy perhaps on this Eden problem you seem to have which is clouding what I know must be your better judgment...Peace.

LadyGuenevere
#19re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/27/04 at 9:59am

Ustadance- If you think that I ooze negativity, please check other threads here.

And if you think that I need therapy because I don't like the songs, I'll be glad to recommend someone to you as well.

Trisky Profile Photo
Trisky
#20re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/27/04 at 10:02am

Miphba, I was already a Bare fan before Bryant Park, so I was biased to enjoy them to start with and I did, but your take on Brooklyn is really interesting to me. In person, at Bryant Park, I thought the performers themselves were fantastic, except maybe Kevin Anderson, who just seemed to be muddling through the songs. But my mind just kept wandering and wandering while they were singing. I couldn't seem to focus on the songs themselves. I'm not sure if it was the fairy tale aspect or that the songs seemed to be a lot of platitudes strung together in order to give the singers a reason to keep belting, but I didn't have a great reaction.

I plan on actually seeing the show to form a true opinion of the entire thing, but as of right now, if I were for some reason forced to make a decision based on just those songs as performed in Bryant Park, I don't think I would.

"Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run" - Jeff Buckley

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#21re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/27/04 at 10:18am

Wow thats funny. Being a huge bare fan I went to bryant park to see Bare but was definitely blown away by the performances of Brooklyn and now am excited about it and going to buy tickets soon. I think the recordings they have posted pale in comparison to what the cast can do (and did perform in the park).

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#22re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:29pm

There are a lot of songs in this show. I don't think they chose the best ones to put on their site. I am also interested in seeing the reactions to the set and especially the costumes. Some of the most inventive costuming I have ever seen and sure to be up for a Tony.

Delphine Profile Photo
Delphine
#23re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/27/04 at 12:55pm

uncageg, I too like the costumes, but they are so outlandish that I worry they may distract the audience and detract from the story. The plot and songs make the show seem like that need much more simple costumes.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#24re: New BKLYN sound clip
Posted: 8/27/04 at 1:08pm

I know that they have re-designed some. But we found them to be fun and not a big distraction at all. The costumes were pretty well received here in Denver.

Videos