pixeltracker

Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome

Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome

Qfan Profile Photo
Qfan
#0Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:43pm

I went to the website downloaded the first song to see what the buzz was. I was blown away!

"Look on the Bright Side Not on the Blackside get off your backside shine those shoes! This is your golden opportunity: Your the lightning and the news!" -Assassins

aspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
#1re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:44pm

Hmmmm, what's the site?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:47pm

www.brooklynthemusical.com

And that song isn't even the best. But actually I was harpressed to pick a favorite as all of the songs are good!

Just give the world Love.

aspiringguy715
#3re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:48pm

Thanks for the site, off to check it out.

basketcase
#4re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:51pm

The song itself is pretty cheesy, but Eden sounds fantastic.

Phantess Profile Photo
Phantess
#5re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:55pm

Oh wow, what a song! Looks like its gonna be a great production.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#6re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:56pm

Not bad, not bad...

aspiringguy715
#7re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:56pm

Agreed that the song is sorta cheesy, but Eden is AMAZING! I saw her as Elphaba and she was perfect. I'll have to see this one for sure.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:58pm

I think you will like it better when you here it within the context of the show.

Just give the world Love.

aspiringguy715
#9re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 12:59pm

The show sounds very promising, I'll have to buy my tickets soon!

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#10re: Holy Moly! Booklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 1:02pm

I like it...I'm excited to see what she performs in Bryant Park.

BT Profile Photo
BT
#11re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 1:09pm

The song starts a bit corny - pumpkins turn to coaches sounds a bit too Disney - but that gal can sing! She really lets loose at the end! It may be worth checking out.

I sing for myself. I sing when I want, whenever I want to, just for me. I sing for my own pleasure. Do you understand that?

BROADWAYFAN3
#12re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 1:11pm

the show is unbelievable, Eden is great.

MadeofGold Profile Photo
MadeofGold
#13re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 1:46pm

Eden's voice is much with the prettiness. I've got to get my butt in gear and get some tickets to this.

"... Still a little bit of your taste in my mouth. Still a little bit of you laced with my doubt. Still a little hard to say what's going on..." Damien Rice

BT Profile Photo
BT
#14re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 2:01pm

Eden is making me full of happy, but I want to hear some of the rest of the cast sing... I hope the rest of the cast holds up to Ms. E!

I sing for myself. I sing when I want, whenever I want to, just for me. I sing for my own pleasure. Do you understand that?

TheQuibbler Profile Photo
TheQuibbler
#15re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 2:04pm

I must be the only one who wasn't impressed. I thought the song was awfully cheesy. Eden Espinosa sounds great for most of the song, but that last note is a little screechy and not very pleasing to my ears. I did see Espinosa in Wicked, so I know she has great pipes, but I wasn't even remotely blown away by this song.

jayem1968 Profile Photo
jayem1968
#16re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 2:07pm

I think Eden sounds fantastic. Although, I hate to admit it, I thought the song was pretty substandard. Maybe I have to see it in context...

Can't wait to hear more!

Everybody goes down well with beer.

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#17re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 2:12pm

Eden sang the song very well, but when I saw her in Wicked, i thought her voice was MUCH better. She has such a range. When I see Brooklyn I want her voice to be like how she sang the "Wizard and I"

*Kristen*

chinkie azn jai Profile Photo
chinkie azn jai
#18re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 2:23pm

Eden sounds awesome in it...the chorus part is cheesey (when they sing "once upon a time" in the background). I can see this being the new....shall i say Wicked? It will have a huge fan following and probably do very well.

"Chicago is it's own incredible theater town right there smack down in the middle of the heartland. What a great city! I can see why Oprah likes to live there!" - Dee Hoty :-D

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#19re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 2:32pm

Eden has a wonderful voice that will bring the theater down. I have a feeling she might win this years Tony which would be great (two Elphabas winning Tonys two years in a row! LOL). She has wonderful talent and is truly exceptional.

Plum
#20re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 2:36pm

The singing is quite good, except for the almost Menzel-esque high belt at the end. Urgh.

Chinkie, I agree that the song is reminiscent of Wicked. And if the whole score turns out that way, I'll be pretty disappointed. I'm crossing my fingers for a less pop-ish sound from the rest of the score.

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#21re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 2:43pm

i really like her voice, but i too am praying that the rest of the score is much better than that.

Gypsy2 Profile Photo
Gypsy2
#22re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 3:27pm

Yeah, Eden sounds fantastic in this song. Brooklyn is really going to show just how talented she is, and everyone else in the cast. This song is amazing, but so is everything else about the show.

You know it and you want it... you just can't believe you've got it.

evil_twin2327
#23re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 5:48pm

New member here.....but I've been lurking for a few months. Anyway, on a whim I went to the Brooklyn site today and I fell in love with "Once Upon a Time"!

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#24re: Holy Moly! Brooklyn's song is awesome
Posted: 8/17/04 at 6:01pm

Agree with some of the others... Eden sounds great. The song sounds kind of fluffy. Was listening to it the other night... DW walked by and said "nice song, but what's with the background?!"

Videos