The Hair benefit is cast!!!

insomniak
ponine24601
#1re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:14pm

whoa the first thing i saw was adam's name!! adam, idina, kathy, and many other performers i love!!!!!!!!!!! i am so there!

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

BalletGirl85 Profile Photo
BalletGirl85
#2re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:16pm

Okay, I'm soooo excited I bought my ticket back in May haha. Greatest cast ever. :)

Mattio98
#3re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:20pm

Billy Porter, Julia Murney, Jai Rodriguez, Norm Lewis, Ann Harada, Darius de Haas. This is pure paradise.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#4re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:21pm

Don't forget RuPaul. I'm very excited about this!

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#5re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:22pm

Sooooo excited! I can't wait till September 20th, now!

GaLiNdaFied Profile Photo
GaLiNdaFied
#6re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:23pm

I wish I lived in NY, or was going to be there around that time, I love all of them... especially Adam!!

"Someone please tell me- when the hell did gravity become the enemy? How has an essential force of nature, something that makes it possible for life to even exist on this planet, come to deserve the scorn and hatred of every teenage girl with no head voice?"- Broadway Matt

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#7re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:24pm

ugh! Gavin, Idina, Adam, Ann, Jai, etc all on the same stage I WANNA GO SO BADLY!

QueenMuppet Profile Photo
QueenMuppet
#8re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:36pm

Oh please tell me they will be taking their clothes off (as in so many Hair productions I have seen)!!! Please tell me!!!

QM (so shallow!) re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!

'He really wasn't good as Fieyro. Is it just me or does he sort of come across as a pimp? Just...the hand motions I've seen him do and the attitude..not that Taye is a pimp.' - SallyBrown on Taye Diggs as Fiyero

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#9re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:38pm

for the price of the tickets they had BETTER strip down! :) jk its all for a great cause

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#10re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:44pm

All I was hoping for was Julia Murney and Idina Menzel. I got what I wanted and more....I'm so excited for this.

Miphba Profile Photo
Miphba
#11re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:55pm

Where do I go for tickets? I really hope they're still avaliable its many of my prayers answered in one cast. Oh, and I second the abscence of clothes. :)

Miphba Profile Photo
Miphba
#12re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 7:57pm

Forget where to find the tickets- I was too excited to scroll further down on the website and comprehend the website link to them- But this looks really good- I'm off to buy tickets now that I've overcome my own stupidity.

Miphba Profile Photo
Miphba
#13re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:00pm

I really wish I had $2,500 to spare. What mere pocket change they're asking of me.

insomniak
#14re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:01pm

Have specific roles been announced? I didn't see anything. Also, will there be a recording made or will they run into the same issues as last year?

amasis Profile Photo
amasis
#15re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:16pm

The whole rights thing with Chess was especially tricky, and other than Chess they usually do try to make a recording available. At least I hope so. Anyone in NYC wants to trade places with me for that one night in September?? Bali is a wonderful place!! I can't believe I'm going to miss it... =( Updated On: 8/15/04 at 08:16 PM

insomniak
#16re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:18pm

If Bali's too exotic, you can stay in my place in Ohio.

Miphba Profile Photo
Miphba
#17re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:21pm

I fear that,although beautiful, a Bali relocation is not possible for myself- sorry amasis :)- Does anyone think its worth getting the only possibly affordable tickets for the rear balcony seating? I'm having an inner debate about whether I should, or if I won't be able to see anything, and should save my money and focus on Brooklyn tickets instead.

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#18re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:23pm

lol, when u click on Gavin Creels name on the broadway.com cast announcement it goes to the Wicked page

aspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
#19re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:24pm

WhatDoINeed...you realize that this leaves potential for some Gaving nudity don't you?

aspiringguy715 Profile Photo
aspiringguy715
#20re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:28pm

That's also true lol

Well, nudity and a good cause all packed into a musical...it's like a dream :-P

WhatDoINeedWithLove?
#21re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:32pm

"Well, nudity and a good cause all packed into a musical...it's like a dream"

No, its more like GAVIN CREEL, nudity, good cause is a dream come true! :)

Yankeefan007
#22re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:34pm

whos performing in bryant park?

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#23re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:39pm

what a cast!
re: The Hair benefit is cast!!! re: The Hair benefit is cast!!! re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
re: The Hair benefit is cast!!! re: The Hair benefit is cast!!! re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

Sumofallthings Profile Photo
Sumofallthings
#24re: The Hair benefit is cast!!!
Posted: 8/15/04 at 8:42pm

Julia Murney is someone who deserves more than she has gotten.

BSoBW2: I punched Sondheim in the face after I saw Wicked and said, "Why couldn't you write like that!?"

Videos