News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sluggy

Sluggy Profile Photo
Member Name: Sluggy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Promises, Promises Saturday Rush Question
 Jul 19 2010, 09:43:19 PM
Hi! I have friends visiting this weekend. The two high school girls want to see Promises. If we want to try for Saturday evening tickets when the Box Office opens at 10 on Saturday, how early should we be there? Also, will the girls be able to buy tickets with High School student IDs, or do they accept only college? Thanks in advance for any help!
re: NEW SWEENEY PIX
 Nov 14 2007, 04:51:24 PM
Thanks, best12!
I'll have to look for that film. I've seen only Ken Jennings and Manoel Felciano in that role.

re: NEW SWEENEY PIX
 Nov 14 2007, 02:54:07 PM
Are there any photos of Toby? I can't seem to find any in the links. To be honest, I didn't realize the character was as young as 12. I've always thought of him as late teens or early twenties, but mentally or emotionally young.

I'm getting really excited to see this movie.

re: Ebersole Interview on BWW
 Aug 24 2007, 10:22:41 AM
Thanks for providing more details!
re: Ebersole Interview on BWW
 Aug 23 2007, 05:51:30 PM
I was away without internet access and missed this. Now iTunes is saying it's "not available in the US store". Any suggestions on how I can listen to the interview, or is it now too late?
re: Anne and Gilbert.... have the yankees heard?
 Aug 9 2007, 10:11:20 AM
Yes, ma'am! Friends of mine spend their summers on Prince Edward Island and really enjoyed the show last year. I'm seeing it with them when I get up there for vacation next Wednesday!
Are you enjoying working on your production?

re: Billy Stritch and the Girls at Birdland 7/29
 Jul 26 2007, 10:03:46 PM
I'll be there, too. Two songs will be better than none! Maybe it will be helpful to her to switch gears after the closing. According to ATC, one of the songs will be a jazz version of "Will You?".

Hilarious (&bizarre) Comments...
 Jul 25 2007, 05:52:12 PM
glimpseofstocking,
Love your post, because Vivian Vance (TV's Ethel) was actually Merman's understudy in Anything Goes!!!

re: Maureen Moore TOMORROW, 7/17
 Jul 18 2007, 12:53:10 AM
Gypsy and Logan,

I was there tonight, too. Was it just me, or was it a little surreal (and very cool) to walk out on that stage?
Maybe it was just very cool.

re: Have you ever...
 Jul 29 2006, 11:05:23 PM
Yes! This happened when I was looking through my program for the national tour of The Secret Garden, @1992, and discovered that the Ayah was none other than Audra McDonald! (Although she may be listed as Audra Ann MacDonald. I'd have to check.)
re: George M. Cohan: anyone else write/star in a Broadway Musical
 Jul 21 2006, 02:38:27 PM
Hershey Felder wrote and starred in "George Gershwin Alone", but of course he didn't write the music!
re: RIP Barnard Hughes
 Jul 11 2006, 09:31:05 PM
Does anyone else remember the short-lived sitcom "The Cavanaughs" that he did with Christine Ebersole? I don't remember much about it, but I do remember loving it as a kid.
Anyone going to Patti C's last "Margaret" performance in Piazza tonight?
 Jun 28 2006, 12:27:44 PM
Unfortunately, I got to see her play it only once, and can't get there.

Just curious.

re: Piazza Questions
 Jun 26 2006, 12:12:52 PM
Rather than beginning an actual relationship, I always took it that Signor Naccarelli reawakens Margaret's sense of romance, which has turned cold through her marriage to Roy and her dedication to Clara. Part of me thinks she might try to salvage her marriage - no matter what, she definitely leaves with a renewed and more empowered sense of herself.

re: Victoria Clark's Last Week Schedule
 Jun 25 2006, 02:02:34 PM
I spoke with Patti after a performance last week, and she said her last Margaret performances will be on Tuesday and Wednesday nights this week.
re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
 Jun 16 2006, 04:27:03 PM
And a super-nice person as well!
re: ____________ should have been at the Tonys.
 Jun 12 2006, 03:50:14 PM
Angela Lansbury
re: Just cast as
 Apr 19 2006, 09:50:22 PM
In the book, John Brooke tutors Laurie when he is sick. He marries Meg, the oldest of the March daughters. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the musical, so I don't know how this character is portrayed in it. Hope this helps!
re: any1 a fan of michael mcgrath?
 Apr 4 2006, 03:13:12 PM
Loved him in Wonderful Town! So glad he's getting recognition.
re: Question about Broadway stars being rejected
 Mar 29 2006, 04:35:35 PM
Don't know how far back you're going, but Judy Holliday was rejected by Yale Drama School. She later starred in Born Yesterday and won a Tony for Bells Are Ringing.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You