pixeltracker

Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.

Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.

Flahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
#0Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/16/06 at 3:47pm

Saw the PBS broadcast last night. I can't believe how beautiful Cohenour is. I saw her in PHANTOM about a hundred years ago and remember thinking that there was something odd in her look...but she is aging so gracefully...I can see what it means to ripen with age.

ruthiefan_felix Profile Photo
ruthiefan_felix
#1re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/16/06 at 3:49pm

is there a pix of her in the show??

All That Jazz Check out & support my drawings @ www.facebook.com/felixdrawings

WickedGeek28 Profile Photo
WickedGeek28
#2re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/16/06 at 3:54pm

She looked wonderful and her voice was in top shape last night. She's an amazing performer.

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view - until you climb into his skin and walk around in it."
To Kill A Mockingbird

mijofly19
#3re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/16/06 at 4:02pm

Last night was the first time I've ever seen her as Signora Naccarelli, and she was great. I saw her as Margaret in April and she was absolutley fantastic. She is also extremely devoted to her work.

Flahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
#4re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/16/06 at 4:12pm

Oh Yeah... she is mind-blowingly talented too!

Sluggy Profile Photo
Sluggy
#5re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/16/06 at 4:27pm

And a super-nice person as well!

"Which way do you want these pleats turned?" "Toward Mecca."

flaemmchen Profile Photo
flaemmchen
#6re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/16/06 at 4:39pm

I love her Signora; she's so sassy and graceful and very Italian.

"Peace! The charm's wound up." --Macbeth

IssaMe
#7re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/17/06 at 8:04am

Such a nice lady.

All_For_Laura Profile Photo
All_For_Laura
#8re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/17/06 at 9:01am

I love her! She is amazing.

...What happened next, was stranger still, a woman breathless and afraid, appeared out of the night, completely dressed in white. She had a secret she would tell, of one who had mistreated her. Her face and frightened gaze, my mind cannot erase...But then she ran from view. She looked so much like you...

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#9re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/17/06 at 9:33am

Our lovely Patti in the OBC of "Phantom of the Opera"...

re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.

She was the origial "Alternate Christine" rotating the role with Sarah Brightman.

...And as Margaret in "Piazza"...

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22
Updated On: 6/17/06 at 09:33 AM

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#10re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/17/06 at 11:22am

LOVELY pictures. Thank you for sharing!

My first exposure to Patti C was in EDWIN DROOD as a child. I also heard/saw Patti as Christine in POTO many, many years ago.

She is talented and lovely re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

lvpblues
#11re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/17/06 at 11:59am

Patti possesses remarkable talent and is also one of the nicest and most gracious performers you'd ever meet.

Flahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
#13re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/17/06 at 5:55pm

Is she retiring from Broadway work.. or does she just live in Seattle?

Cohenour and Sondheim.. has she ever done A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC?

ThankstoPhantom
#14re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/17/06 at 6:49pm

DELETED

How to properly use its/it's: Its is the possessive. It's is the contraction for it is...
Updated On: 6/17/06 at 06:49 PM

kgee30
#15re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/18/06 at 2:50pm

Saw the show again over the weekend and had a chance to meet Patti afterwards (and also to meet broadway_show_fan): she is truly lovely, and quite possibly the nicest person I've ever met. I'm awed.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#16re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/18/06 at 3:10pm

I don't think she's retiring, but her Broadway appearances have been few and far between for the past 20 years.

I don't know her personally at all, but we have mutual friends, and I remember hearing that she had all but quit the idea of being a "Broadway lady" right after Phantom. (I'm not sure if there was anything about that particular show that "killed" it for her, but that's when she changed her mind. I DO know that she was offered the role of Christine right away... not the alternate, but the main performer... until she read in the papers, just like all of us, that they were trying to bring Mrs. Lloyd Webber in to do the part. She was a trooper and stuck with the show, even after being relegated to the "Matinee Christine." But after that, she bowed out of the limelight for a while.)

Her priorities had shifted, and family and home took precedence. I completely understand that decision. And I doubt if she regrets it for one minute.

She has managed to work steadily (whenever she wants to) in regional theatre... primarily Seattle, which is now her home.

As far as "Will we ever see Patti on Broadway again?"

Never say never.

But she's been away from home for 18 months now, and she's ready to go back now. Look for her to work locally for a while (one might guess). And if the right opportunity comes along (as with "Piazza"), I can only hope that she rides it right back into New York. And we can fall in love with her, just as we have before.

She will be missed... "until we meet again!"

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#17re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/18/06 at 7:32pm

kgee30 - It was SO wonderful to meet you yesterday! How funny. Two fans brought together by Patti.

And btw - I think you look a bit similar to your picture of the dear Ms. LuPone!

kgee30
#18re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/18/06 at 7:43pm

Good to meet you, too! Just posted my Friday night pic to the blog -- take a look! God, what a fabulous weekend. I just finished watching the PBS broadcast and really missed seeing her in that role (I know, borderline heresy, but what can you do?). She's phenomenal.

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#19re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.
Posted: 6/18/06 at 8:01pm

She IS phenomenal! That's the only thing I didn't get - a pic. I'm going to have to see it again just to get one. re: Patti Cohenour just more and more beautiful.

Videos