News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Play Esq.

Play Esq. Profile Photo
Member Name: Play Esq.
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 14 2024, 10:51:32 AM

I suggest like others say using your phone. Took me all of 20 min to book excellent center orchestra seats. 

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 May 13 2024, 07:40:47 PM

Must have missed it in the press release, but David Cromer directing makes it a must for me, prices be damned. 

LITTLE BEAR RIDGE ROAD: Metcalf & Mantello, Steppenwolf Summer 2024
 May 13 2024, 05:50:55 PM

So glad for you and looking forward to your review! Looking for an early July date myself to make this happen but my summer is already damn packed.

May 13 2024, 05:23:56 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: ""Late minute entry"? The show and their involvement was announced more than a year ago."

Well pardon.  I’ve heard nothing about this and go to Chicago and Steppenwolf regularly. Wanted to share for those who hadn’t heard. 

May 13 2024, 05:16:07 PM

Late minute entry for yet another reason to go to Chicago this summer

STEREOPHONIC Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 May 12 2024, 10:22:48 AM

Somehow this album slaps even harder on a Sunday. 

May 10 2024, 08:44:19 PM

^ God no.  

This a moment and probably intentional ephemera. Let this exist as it does, a wonderfully sloppy and perfect album. 

Robert Downey Jr to make Broadway debut in Ayad Akhtar's McNeal at Lincoln Center
 May 7 2024, 01:06:21 PM

That membership most of us got for Vanya really did pay off! What a catch!

STEREOPHONIC Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 6 2024, 09:11:59 AM

binau said: "I know that this show is positioned as a play, but is it the kind of thing that could have gone in as a musical in another year/with a different set of producersor is it very much a play?"

Very much a play with a lot of music elements.  Many songs you only hear fragments of.

Next Sondheim?
 May 3 2024, 08:19:25 PM

Is this guy reliable? 

May 3 2024, 06:50:53 PM

Loving this recording.

East of Eden is really sticking with me more than others.  Finding it difficult to determine my favorite version of Bright, each is so distinct and stunning. 

Sheridan Smith Staring in new Rufus Wainwright/Ivo Van Hove Musical OPENING NIGHT in London
 Apr 12 2024, 10:47:08 AM

I have no space on my trip to see this before it closes, but I am so curious about it: is it really a train wreck and, if so, in the soo bad it’s good way of just really f’ing bad?

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway
 Apr 11 2024, 07:29:04 AM

Allegedly at CSC. 

Apr 10 2024, 02:06:14 PM

I’m incredibly excited for this as well as the rumored Anyone Can Whistle.  I don’t get the “enough of Sondhiem” people.  Clearly, there are many of us who could never get enough of the man and his shows are finally making money.  Why wouldn’t producers keep that gravy train running as long as they can?

The simple solution for those who are exhausted by Sondheim: just don’t go, literally no one is forcing you.

Quick London Question: Player Kings (Ian McKellen) or London Tide
 Apr 9 2024, 08:26:12 AM

Ugh I know!  Waiting to hear early word on London Tide when it begins previews this week before I make my decision, but leaning towards Player Kings. 

Apr 8 2024, 04:25:56 PM

I adore Bernadette, and I didn’t see either.  These references are very dated. 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews
 Apr 7 2024, 07:02:48 AM

Making no comments on this cast having not seen it. I did see Wicked Little Letters today and couldn’t help thinking how amazing it would have been to see  Jessie Buckley in this, however. I’m sure she was quite a thrill to see live in the initial run. 

Sarah Snook in London's Picture of Dorian Gray
 Apr 1 2024, 08:42:55 AM

Thanks for this, going later this month and even more excited now. Also seeing Cox in Long Day’s Journey!

Mar 30 2024, 11:23:56 AM

I took the previous comment to mean it was on the shorter side. My bad. Guess I’m going to wait until previews start before making a decision 🤷🏽‍♂️

Mar 29 2024, 08:03:50 PM

Thank you again: I knew it was Dickens, but not that it was a short story. I’ll read it overly this leisurely Easter weekend, thanks to you! 

Ive seen Henry IV before and have also read the plays, so if I miss the first act, I wouldn’t be devastated (and maybe the house might let me in sooner if I chose a seat near the isle and door). 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You