News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Brie Larson to Star in ELEKTRA in London in 2025

Brie Larson to Star in ELEKTRA in London in 2025

Dylan Smith4 Profile Photo
Dylan Smith4
#1Brie Larson to Star in ELEKTRA in London in 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 3:24am

Pre-West End engagement will be held at Theatre Royal Brighton from January 13-18, 2025.

West End run will be held at the Duke of Yorks Theatre from January 24 - April 12, 2025

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c990z3pm5gvo

The idea is to work and to experiment. Some things will be creatively successful, some things will succeed at the box office, and some things will only - which is the biggest only - teach you things that see the future. And they're probably as valuable as any of your successes. -Harold Prince

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#2Brie Larson to Star in ELEKTRA in London in 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 9:09am

Interesting! I was hoping we’d get more early 2025 announcements so I could add more to my trip roster in January. This may have just made the cut.

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#3Brie Larson to Star in ELEKTRA in London in 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 11:51am

I believe Larson's sole stage credit to date is Emily in Our Town at Williamstown in 2010. I saw that production and thought she was solid, if not magical. I knew her at the time from United States of Tara. She's impressed me since in other films -- this could be interesting.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#4Brie Larson to Star in ELEKTRA in London in 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 12:22pm

Haven’t seen a production of Elektra in a while, so color me intrigued. Duke of York’s is one of my favorite theaters too. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#5Brie Larson to Star in ELEKTRA in London in 2025
Posted: 9/17/24 at 12:57pm

Boy was I surprised to see that this WON'T be directed by Jamie Lloyd, Ivo, or Rob Icke!

Curious to see how Daniel Fish does with this, as I really only know him from Oklahoma.

verywellthensigh
#6Brie Larson to Star in ELEKTRA in London in 2025
Posted: 9/18/24 at 10:33am

Definitely interesting.  Good for her for not playing it safe.  The American star, director, and choreographer leads me to believe that this could cross the pond if it's well-received. 

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#7Brie Larson to Star in ELEKTRA in London in 2025
Posted: 9/18/24 at 10:51am

verywellthensigh said: "Definitely interesting. Good for her for not playing it safe. The American star, director, and choreographer leads me to believe that this could cross the pond if it's well-received."

Very possible. This is the same producer as PRIMA FACIE and the West End transfer of SLAVE PLAY.

If it's well received, this could also be a good career boost for Larson, whose career hasn't quite taken off in the way it should have after ROOM: A bad Marvel movie that sold well, an awful Marvel movie that sold poorly, some thankless supporting roles, a directorial debut, a decently-received attempt at a TV series, etc.

Updated On: 9/18/24 at 10:51 AM

Latest Posts

Videos