News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hpeabody930

Member Name: hpeabody930
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ALL ABOUT EVE in the West End  Feb 6 2019, 12:53:01 PM

I was at the first preview on Saturday. Sonia Friedman came out beforehand saying that the company had not yet run the full show with tech, nor had they finished teching the end of the play, but that they were going to go for it. 

There's not a particularly delicate way to put this but.... it was terrible. The direction and production on the whole were so pretentious and unfocused, it's hard to imagine it getting much better. Performances are fine, but it was the first tim

London Theater - Transfers  Dec 23 2017, 08:07:01 PM

Don't know if it technically counts as a "London transfer" given that it's now played in the US... But how about Maria Friedman's Merrily? There was some buzz while it was in Boston, but has anyone heard anything more about it? 

Merrily We Roll Along directed by Maria Friedman  Oct 6 2017, 05:51:40 PM

A great review from the Times today and the Wall Street Journal last week.... What do we think the chances are for a future life?

Rodney Hicks in COME FROM AWAY  Aug 1 2017, 04:04:25 PM

De'Lon is an EXTRAORDINARY performer. Saw him in Scottsboro Boys in Boston last year, and I know he's gonna be real good in CFA

2017-2018 Roundabout Season  Jun 26 2017, 04:14:19 PM

I'm really hoping that the Maria Friedman Merrily We Roll Along will transfer.... Boston in the Fall and NYC in Winter/ Early Spring?? 

RICHARD III/TWELFTH NIGHT Rush?  Dec 9 2013, 06:53:00 PM
Who on here has had luck with the rush recently? The website says that seats are not available for every performance, and I don't want to head into the city to be there when the box office opens if there's little chance to get seats...

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2013 Pulitzer Prize Frontrunners?  Mar 8 2013, 02:21:06 PM
I think that Disgraced has a pretty solid shot. I haven't seen the Lincoln Center production of Luck of the Irish, but I loved it when it was in Boston, and think that, too, could have a shot.
Current Production of The Glass Menagerie in Cambridge, MA  Mar 5 2013, 08:27:21 PM
Saw it last week and thought that it was great. Lots of people have said it, but Brian J. Smith is incredible. In my opinion, he walks off with the show in his scene with CKB (who is also fantastic). Cherry Jones is really great, she is the first Amanda who I have actually felt for, but I wasn't terribly keen on Quinto's performance. Don't get me wrong, he's really good, but I had a hard time sympathizing with his Tom.

That said. It's a great production and it'd be great to have it tran

Effect of Gamma Rays on Man-in-the-Moon Marigolds  Nov 10 2012, 07:21:03 PM
I saw BU's production last weekend and it is really fantastic. I'm a student there so I am admittedly biased but I thought they did a really great job with it. I hope you enjoy it!
Benjamin Walker, Ciar?n Hinds, and Debra Monk join Scarlett Johansson in CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF  Sep 21 2012, 05:32:50 PM
I saw Hinds in Juno and the Paycock at the National Theatre earlier this year and he was ASTONISHING. A brilliant, fun, grounded performance. He's a really interesting choice for Big Daddy, and I think he's going to knock it out of the park.
So What IS The Most Boring Play?  Jun 17 2012, 06:04:38 PM
I didn't think it was the most boring play I've ever seen, but when I saw Jerusalem I went to the bathroom at the first intermission and someone in one of the stalls let out a huge fart and then said, "Yeah. That's about what I think of this play."

I thought that was hilarious.

Paradise Lost at ART a few seasons ago was one of the most painful things I've ever done to myself.
I'll also jump on the Rock n Roll train. Gooooooodnight.

New London recording of SWEENEY  Mar 10 2012, 06:20:58 PM
Just got back from the first preview in the west end. The production is FABULOUS, Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton are out of this world good and the audience leapt to their feet at the end (the first standing "O" I've seen so far in London). Sondheim was in attendance as well, so it made the whole evening just spectacular.

I dont know about the recording, but nothing was cut from the actual show. It was all there and beautifully intact.

Stick Fly rush?  Nov 19 2011, 02:00:05 AM
After seeing this in Boston last year, it would be a VERY poor decision to not see the show. It is an incredible play.
Cherry Orchard at Classic Stage  Nov 17 2011, 04:08:26 PM
Really curious about this one. Did anyone go to the first preview last night?
THE MOUNTAINTOP Considering Recasting  Nov 5 2011, 11:43:58 AM
Bernie Mac!!

...too soon?

SONS OF THE PROPHET - LOVED IT!!!!  Sep 28 2011, 11:44:39 PM
Glad to hear you liked it! I saw it at the Huntington earlier this year, and while I thought the characters were all extremely well drawn, the play left me wanting more. It was the first time I'd ever left a play and "missed" the characters. It was very odd. I'd be curious to see what changes they made between runs.
Origin of the 8 show week?  Jul 8 2011, 05:34:13 PM
I was having a conversation with a friend of mine, and we were trying to figure out where/when/why the 8 show week came about? Does anyone here have any thoughts??
Use of Microphones on Broadway  Jul 7 2011, 05:55:17 PM
I think most plays today use some sort of floor mics or overhead mics to project the sound a bit, but personally, I MUCH prefer un-miced performances. I feel so much more of the intimacy of live performance. Mics, I feel, add an extra wall between the actors and the audience.
Is My 2011-2012 Season List Complete So Far?  Jun 28 2011, 08:37:03 PM
STICK FLY- November 18
Lydia Diamond's STICK FLY to take the Lyceum starting Nov 18  Jun 27 2011, 02:40:08 PM
As per the Times

http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/27/stick-fly-is-broadway-bound-in-production-presented-by-alicia-keys/?ref=theater

So, so happy. It is a wonderful play, and Lydia is truly one-of-a-kind.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You